Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Hammer dropped...and Bob Iger dropped her while Disney Stock was falling due to SOLO having a bad opening....:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah I thought of that too. A lot of people work on that show who aren’t pieces of shyt and now they’re out of work because they hitched their rides to a piece of shyt. I know John Goodman disagrees with her on damn near everything and he won’t be hard up for work but then you’ve got writers and crew members who are done. Besides racist and stupid she’s also incredibly selfish
That's why I wonder is this the right move? There's a lot of collateral damage in this. People losing jobs that have nothing to do with what she said or her views. It's like if Netflix would have canceled House of Cards for what Kevin Spacey did. At least with how it was handled people had time to get their affairs in order. Here you just wake up one day because one of the show's stars is an idiot you're out of a job.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's why I wonder is this the right move? There's a lot of collateral damage in this. People losing jobs that have nothing to do with what she said or her views. It's like if Netflix would have canceled House of Cards for what Kevin Spacey did. At least with how it was handled people had time to get their affairs in order. Here you just wake up one day because one of the show's stars is an idiot you're out of a job.

Difference is while spacey was the main character the show wasn’t named after his character. I’m sure they could’ve gone about it in a different way but the backlash would’ve intensified the longer they went without doing anything. You can’t recast Roseanne or write her character out of Roseanne because then it’s not the show anymore. So it’s gotta be out with the baby and the bath water. Sucks for everyone involved not named Roseanne Barr but them is the breaks.

When you lay down with dogs, we all know what happens

Last edited:

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland

Bro..wth

the show is called "Roseannne"...

how can you compare this to "House of Cards"

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Bro..wth

Yeah it’s not an apples to apples comparison. Now let’s say nbc had an issue with Seinfeld when Jerry was supposedly getting his :sitdown:on. That would be the same. You can’t write Jerry Seinfeld off of Seinfeld. You either keep the show going or you cancel it. Even when the show ended, all the cast members wanted to do a season 10 except for one guy. And because that one guy was Seinfeld, the show ended.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bro..wth

I'm comparing the situation. ABC should announce everyone on the show with the exception of Roseanne will get paid for the already announced renewal but I bet they don't. It's an unfortunate situation but those people didn't deserve to suffer because she's an idiot.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm comparing the situation. ABC should announce everyone on the show with the exception of Roseanne will get paid for the already announced renewal but I bet they don't. It's an unfortunate situation but those people didn't deserve to suffer because she's an idiot.

That may be in their contracts since they already signed for the second season. So I’m sure they’ll be compensated. They should be anyway. Just like writers get paid even if the script never goes anywhere

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
So SOLO bad performance didn't have any contribution to that?

Not at all. In fact, the stock market doesn't really work like that. One movie wouldn't affect the perception of the strength in Disney stock, especially with Fox rumors & Incredibles right around the corner.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So SOLO bad performance didn't have any contribution to that?

Does solos bad performance have anything to do with the entire market being down 500 points? No:russ:

There are things that are bigger than Disney breh. The entire market is down right now because of fears of what’s going on overseas.
Dow down nearly 500 points as Italy’s political turmoil stirs market unrest

So I can’t say that solo has anything to do with Disney but I can say that the entire market took an L today and Disney isn’t above that shyt since it’s an American company on the stock market and will be impacted by an international sell off

What @nieman said. Stock market don’t work like that. It’s all chain reaction. By your logic, WWE’s stock should be down based on the ratings of smackdown last week and raw last night. But it doesn’t work that way

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Does solos bad performance have anything to do with the entire market being down 500 points? No:russ:

There are things that are bigger than Disney breh. The entire market is down right now because of fears of what’s going on overseas.
Dow down nearly 500 points as Italy’s political turmoil stirs market unrest

So I can’t say that solo has anything to do with Disney but I can say that the entire market took an L today and Disney isn’t above that shyt since it’s an American company on the stock market and will be impacted by an international sell off

What @nieman said. Stock market don’t work like that. It’s all chain reaction. By your logic, WWE’s stock should be down based on the ratings of smackdown last week and raw last night. But it doesn’t work that way

VY2wmdR.png

People really think the stuff we see on the surface is the stuff that actually matters?

"It's only entertainment!" - Jigga