Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Cancelled!! This sux... just started getting into it.. funny to me. The family type comedies on other networks are so corny to me. That’s why I liked fox comedies.

I do like the goldbergs black ish and fresh off the boat. Modern family has been on way too long for me now and it’s really showing its age. LA to Vegas was exactly the type of thing I love along with great news, which is also cancelled but I saw that train coming a while ago

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I do like the goldbergs black ish and fresh off the boat. Modern family has been on way too long for me now and it’s really showing its age. LA to Vegas was exactly the type of thing I love along with great news, which is also cancelled but I saw that train coming a while ago

full

Don't remind me

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
That’s on Cinemax? I passed it by but might take a look now.
Yes. It's only 6 episodes,it's a British show and it takes an episode or two to get a handle on what's going because of the format but the last couple episodes were :damn:

Fair warning the show is pretty damn dark and depressing :bryan:

Last edited:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Wow. I didn't know that "Smackdown!" now airs live on Tuesdays. What about "Last Man Standing" returning to it's Friday Night timeslot on Fox?
Impossible with Smackdown. Fox has news on 10 in most markets so they basically are handing their entire primetime slot to the WWE that night instead of spending on four different shows.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Yes. It's only 6 episodes,it's a British show and it takes an episode or two to get a handle on what's going because of the format but the last couple episodes were :damn:

Fair warning the show is pretty damn dark and depressing :bryan:

lol. ok.. got u. I watch a lot of british drama shows, their shows are like a mini-series in comparison to American tv. and yes.. most of their shows are very dark and depressing;:mjcry: they filter nothing.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
which is also cancelled but I saw that train coming a while ago

how did you see it coming, you saw certain signs? there were a couple of eps that were meh.. but I thought it was at least worth another season.. smh. I like off brand irreverent comedy ie like The Mick, Always sunny, which La to vegas fit into that category. stopped tuning in to modern family awhile back after hailey started dating that much older man- show got weird and unfunny.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
how did you see it coming, you saw certain signs? there were a couple of eps that were meh.. but I thought it was at least worth another season.. smh. I like off brand irreverent comedy ie like The Mick, Always sunny, which La to vegas fit into that category. stopped tuning in to modern family awhile back after hailey started dating that much older man- show got weird and unfunny.

Just the ratings lol. That’s all. I love the odd brand irreverent stuff too but it rarely does well in the ratings. 30 rock had to struggle to stay on as long as it did. The ratings for good news never stabilized. They kept going down each week. And it was barely renewed for season 2. That’s normally not a good sign for season 3

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I wonder how much the industry will be affected by FOX effectively axing scripted shows. A lot of mediocre actors and writers have been eating in the last decade due to the sheer amount of shows on broadcast, cable and streaming.

FOX has 21 hours of TV to fill and even with reality shows that's at least 15 possible shows.
I've been wanting to discuss on this forum for a few years about how hard it is to keep recurring characters around on TV shows nowadays because of Peak TV.

TV shows from the 2000's could keep recurring characters around forever. But nowadays because of Peak TV if don't promote your recurring actors to the regular cast, they'll end up being casted as a regular on another show.