Turner CEO Says Conan is going to a Weekly Format on TBS, TBS says there are no plans

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Get ready to see less of Conan O’Brien.

TBS is planning to retool late-night talk show “Conan” to a weekly format instead of a nightly one, Turner CEO John Martin told TheWrap. It’s not immediately clear when this will occur.

The chairman spoke to TheWrap at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Wednesday night and explained that the show has worked best with O’Brien on the road. The comic and “Late Night” alum has recently taken his show to Cuba, Berlin and South Korea, among other locations. Those trips have proved a boon both creatively and in TV ratings.

Then TBS said:

On Thursday afternoon, TBS boss Kevin Reilly walked that plan back a bit: “Conan remains an invaluable franchise, partner and producer for our TBS brand and we’ll be in business with him for a long time. As the media landscape continues to evolve, Conan will continue to lead the evolution of what a talk show will be in the digital age,” he said. “At this time, we have no plans to change the format or frequency of his popular TBS show. In addition to Conan’s daily responsibilities to his talk show, we continue to have very ambitious plans that will further broaden and evolve our relationship with Conan.”

Martin believes one-hour weekly will prove better for the “Conan.” Samantha Bee does exactly that, by the way, and she’s made some waves of her own since “Full Frontal” launched on TBS. Part of the reason for the switch, Martin said, is that late night’s just too crowded and competitive. He added that O’Brien is holding his own, however.

Conan O'Brien's 'Conan' to Shift to Weekly Format on TBS

Havent watched his shyt in forever, but it seems like that 1 hour a week shyt is just on hold, for now :francis:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I like Conan the most out of all talk show hosts not named Arsenio. But his shyt was better suited when it had that low budget feel when he was at 12:30 on NBC.
nbc screwd him over with the tonight show
they made him and the cast move to la wouldnt really let him be him
forced that trash ass leno show

then when fallon got the job they let him stay in nyc and let him do whatever he wanted

conan got paid but still

Daps
nbc screwd him over with the tonight show
they made him and the cast move to la wouldnt really let him be him
forced that trash ass leno show

then when fallon got the job they let him stay in nyc and let him do whatever he wanted

conan got paid but still

But the f@$$ery that ensued was :ahh: :banderas:

I can look back and say I lived through the golden age of late night TV talk :banderas:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
But the f@$$ery that ensued was :ahh: :banderas:

I can look back and say I lived through the golden age of late night TV talk :banderas:
him daily show and cobert were the only shows that didnt suffer during the writting strike
them just popping up on each others shows and rumbling was hilarious

and the fukk it days when he was on the tonight show was great

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Robert smigel
Louis ck
Bob odenkirk
Andy richter
Dimo stamptopolous
Conan obrien

Legit a A GOAT lineup of writers seen maybe only in original years of snl, in living color, and Chris rock show
The comedy sketches and bits following the monologue were always gold. :ohlawd:

That shyt was MUST SEE.