Tupac In Menace II Society: Would He Have Been A Better Fit For O-Dog Or Sharif? (The Muslim Guy)

What Role Was Tupac Best Fit For In 'Menace II Society'?

• O-Dog

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Sharif

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Caine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some other character

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
alright so we know that Tupac was set to play 'Sharif' the 'smart muslim' character from "Menace II Society" but that he declined the role because he wanted to play 'O-Dog'.

menace-ii-society-movie-poster-1993-1020189740.jpg

if were being honest, i think that every male would rather play O-Dog than Sharif, i mean the character still gets referenced in rap songs today.:manny: i can see why Tupac wanted to play that character as the average man would rather be someone that 'doesn't give a fukk' even if they're 'ignorant' rather than a more passive intellectual type.:manny:

but based on Tupac's real life personality, who do you think he was better suited for? O-Dog or sharif? It's hard to tell cuz he has a little of both in him.

O-Dog

tumblr_mhx8vfl3Ze1qlsrn9o1_500.gif

Sharif

menace2society_45.jpg

i could always imagine him as sititing on the cooler in that one scene

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I couldn't see a waste of talent and star power on a role like Shariff.
But Larenz Tate killed it I'm not even sure Pac could do a better job for that role. Matter fact there is no actor on earth I could think of that was alive at the time that would be better for that role.
I would rather have DMX than Pac actually in the O-Dog role. He would be a great fit based on his compelling acting in Belly.

Last edited:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Sidenote: Also I'm not sure people understand and remember the quality of DMX's acting ability. I may make a thread on it.
Film critics Siskel and Ebert when they were both alive were really impressed with DMX's acting in reviews. Like he had legit acting chops. That is impressive considering that DMX didn't got to a School for the Arts like Tupac did when he was young. He had natural talent it seemed.

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
o dogg.

Tupac's personality just fits the "wild card" more.

He woulda been good as either character. Dude could act. But whenever he started kickin that conscious shyt just seemed fake to me.

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
o dogg.

Tupac's personality just fits the "wild card" more.

He woulda been good as either character. Dude could act. But whenever he started kickin that conscious shyt just seemed fake to me.

funny because to me the 'goon' shyt seemed more fake to me with tupac, but i guess they were both real in a certain way and in certain circumstances