Today another unarmed black man was murdered by the police in North Carolina

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
  • 6182785_G.jpg
The family of a 24-year-old Sanford man said police fatally shot the man Wednesday when officers attempted to serve a warrant.

Family members of Travis Faison told WNCN that Faison was shot by an officer Wednesday at a home in the 600 block of Magnolia Street in Sanford when police attempted to serve a warrant at the address.

Sanford police confirmed through a release a man died in an officer-involved shooting around 1:40 p.m. on Magnolia Street.

The family said a struggle ensued between Faison and the officer, which led to the shooting.

Faison's cousin Tyrone Bell said his brother was on the phone with Faison before the shooting occurred.

“The police was knocking at the door to serve him with a warrant. My brother was on the phone and heard all of this. A scuffle went on I guess and a gunshot went off and my cousin was shot and killed,” Bell said. “It's got to stop. Got to stop. It happened in our small town.”

knocking at the door to serve him with a warrant. My brother was on the phone and heard all of this. A scuffle went on I guess and a gunshot went off and my cousin was shot and killed,” Bell said. “It's got to stop. Got to stop. It happened in our small town.”

Another of Faison's cousins Sedric Womack said he wants answers in the death.

“To the Sanford Police Department: This is not the end of it. We are going to the top,” he said.

Police kept the scene locked down for more than 8 hours after the incident.

A gathering crowd said police provided no information on what happened.

“They won't tell us nothing. They ain't telling us where he was shot at or anything,” Bell said. “His parents done drove from four hours away and they told them to go to the police station to get any information.”

Faison worked at the Pilgrim Pride Chicken Plant, according to the family member.

Faison's body was taken from the house to a hospital and then transported to the State Medical Examiner's Officer in Chapel Hill, according to family members.

The State Bureau of Investigation will investigate the incident, Sanford police confirmed.

#every28hours

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
It will never end brehs :wow:

Edit: Wait there was a scuffle; what kind? Was it life threatening? Did he reach for the officer's gun? Or better yet, did he reach into his waistband?:comeon:

Thoughts

Banned
Daps
:smugfavre:...stock goes up in 1x2 lumber, poster board, glue and sharpies.:bryan:

Smoke

Resident Chubby Chaser
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
804/434
What I don't understand is, what's the point of a stun gun if you just gonna pull the gun all the time. That stun gun is putting any normal human being on their ass, and if it doesn't; then that's the person that needs to be shot.