This console generation is disapointment after disapointment. how long until next gen?

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
VR better not flop (which is probbaly likely) because these games need some new direction fast

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
No way can they keep these consoles for 10 years again, all the hyped games are coming in as disappointments on both consoles. whats your thoughts?

My thoughts are if gaming has been declining with a new generation, what makes you think a NEWER generation won't continue that same trend, seeing as the same people behind games now would be behind those games as well??

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Lol at you thinking console gaming will get better. VR is our only hope, as it is the new frontier and companies don't know how to completely commercialize(b*stardize) it yet.

happens with everything :yeshrug:

on one hand, it pushes the need to innovate, and on the other hand, can suck for the true enthusiasts after their art form has been raped and pillaged :francis:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
I always scratch my head when I see people going on about VR like it's something new :what: They had this push multiple times throughout the gaming generations, working head sets / head tracking and all ...and each time it's failed. Now that's not to say a good push can't be made now but the proplem has always been matching the games with the hardware. Every time this has came there was always shytty games that accompanied it. Hell I played a couple VR games at the mall back in the 90's

As a matter a fact this is the one I played...
Atari-VR-Headset-1041428ZSJ.jpg
d8a3bf6ca978ff4a0c54eb90ad360484.jpg

:manny:

gallery_1496_17_140108.jpg

nintendo-sega-virtual-reality.png

realta-virtuale.jpg

stuntmaster_side1_large.jpg

Even PC gamers :flabbynsick: back in the day couldn't be bothered with it....

the-vfx-3d-was-another-early-virtual-reality-helmet-according-to-one-reviewer-it-was-simply-a-set-of-virtual-reality-glasses-stuffed-into-an-old-vfx-helmet-shell.jpg

This has more to do with firms not wanting to be beat to market or to far behind the loop if a technology hits. like 3D TV or google glass they will leave en-mass if "they" deem it flops. With that said I definitely believe in the tech & concept. That's actually why I went to school for software engineering was ideas around that tech.

But I don't see anything that pulls me... except one.

Mark Zuckerberg says the future of communication is telepathy. Here’s how that would actually work.

imrs.php
Mark Zuckerberg says the future of communication is telepathy. Here’s how that would actually work.
Lasers, magnetism allow glimpses of the human brain at work

Mark Zuckerberg Says It Will Take 10 Years for Virtual Reality to Reach Mass Market
Mark Zuckerberg Says It Will Take 10 Years for Virtual Reality to Reach Mass Market
zuckerberg.vrx2760.jpg

While everybody else is looking to "follow the market" it looks like Mark .Z has further reaching planes. I.E. the VR push for him seems to be a means to an end :jbhmm:
If the whole VR thing flops again he'd still have his people in the lab. For him VR is a puzzle piece to something bigger.

Thats my take anyway :yeshrug:

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thats why I buy most of my games on pc now. I get majority of the best games with the best graphics. Anything else I cant get on pc, I just cop on the ps4

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
For What!?! Like a new generation of consoles gone fix the half-assed, day 1 patch games, or the horrible servers on launch day issue or the always online issue.

All next gen will do is keep these issues with a prettier interface and better graphics.