This console gen has been treating you ingrates better than you deserve

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
When were you getting this many free games for multiple consoles every single month?
When did you see graphics like we have now?
When did you have suspend resume?
When were you able to store game saves in the cloud?
When were you able to stream games with ease, and save and share replays on the fly?

Never has so much been done at once by developers world wide to enhance the overall gaming experience and take things to the next level.
You got cameras tracking your movements, you can speak to your console, they're working on virtual reality headsets. What more do you seriously expect at this point?
:mindblown:

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You bring up good points.

It's dudes who have been gaming for years that complain. I'll go far left and say that repetitive dopamine stimulation due to playing for umpteen years can cause the sensation of it all to die. Dudes are spoiled.

I remember playing Crash Bandicoot for hours on end.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The only feature that has been dealt with some care has been the streaming and sharing. Everything else is up to much debate.

Do we want better graphics? meh, a strong soft cap is and has been fine. GTA5 has already proven that. We don't need more games, we need good games. Streaming and sharing isn't new for PC players so its bitter sweet in that aspect. The free catalog of games is nice, while not really a slew of awesome games are being thrown at subscribers, its good to get something for a 15 a month/50 a year.

Ultimately with all the preorder and DLC nickel and dimeing going on, I would imagine we deserve much more.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
That may be the case...that there is no ONE game right now defining this gen but the point is, never has there been so much being done for gaming as there is now. Period.
most of the features that define the games we are playing on next gen were already done in the end of the last gen

gameplay changes - not really
graphics changes - diminishing returns yada yada
controller changes - not really
ease of use - biggest change
multiplayer capability - no noticeable change

this in a nutshell so far, im not gonna count the PS3 launch because it happened a full year after the drop of the first "next gen" games back when, but when Gears dropped it was a noticeable step up from the ps2/xbox offerings in just about all the aspects i listed save the controller. That was within a year of release

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
most of the features that define the games we are playing on next gen were already done in the end of the last gen

gameplay changes - not really
graphics changes - diminishing returns yada yada
controller changes - not really
ease of use - biggest change
multiplayer capability - no noticeable change

this in a nutshell so far, im not gonna count the PS3 launch because it happened a full year after the drop of the first "next gen" games back when, but when Gears dropped it was a noticeable step up from the ps2/xbox offerings in just about all the aspects i listed save the controller. That was within a year of release

Gameplay changes? We have consoles that allow way more players online at a time. We have DLC hate it or love it, expanding our investments. Games are experimenting more and more and reaching further out of the box larger due to stronger more capable console hardware and an ever evolving online platform.

No controller changes? Have you even seen a ps4 controller? Built in headphone jack. Led light for the camera. A touch pad that as doubles as 2 additional buttons on the face. A speaker in the actual controller that functions differently depending on the game. Xbox one controllers can actually be updated and they now have independent vibrations for the triggers.

Graphics continue to impress game after game. Go play a launch day PS3 game and compare it God of War 3.

So I ask you, what else could you possibly want. What more can they add to the controllers to satisfy you? What more do you want to see online to satisfy you? More games? Sure, they have BEEN delivering and will continue to do so. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining. I have all 3 next gen systems and have been VERY entertained, and from what I already have I'm excited to see what next year is going to bring, after this year alone finishes incredibly strong.

When I see you guys complain about this console generation, I immediately wonder how many games the person is actually even playing. It seems to me like a bunch of casual gamers who only look for the AAA EA recycled games year to year that complain the most.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
I've seen like 3 different threads on just the 1st page talking about how bad this gen is and I'm wondering what these dudes expect. You got better graphics and more power and features and the new consoles haven't even been out for a year and half...it might just be diminishing returns tho since the ps360's were so good when they fully matured that their upgrades look less impressive by comparison

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The fatigue is starting to kick in for a lot of gamers that only pick up every Madden, NBA 2K, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed or any other AAA game every god given year and little else in between.

A new Call of Duty was announced just a few weeks ago and everybody stopped talking about it just days after it's reveal. Think about that.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The fatigue is starting to kick in for a lot of gamers that only pick up every Madden, NBA 2K, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed or any other AAA game every god given year and little else in between.

A new Call of Duty was announced just a few weeks ago and everybody stopped talking about it just days after it's reveal. Think about that.
That's exactly the issue. The casual gamers are complaining that COD, Battlefield, madden, nba 2k, etc hasn't really changed. These consoles have changed INCREDIBLY since last gen.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Gameplay changes? We have consoles that allow way more players online at a time. We have DLC hate it or love it, expanding our investments. Games are experimenting more and more and reaching further out of the box larger due to stronger more capable console hardware and an ever evolving online platform.

No controller changes? Have you even seen a ps4 controller? Built in headphone jack. Led light for the camera. A touch pad that as doubles as 2 additional buttons on the face. A speaker in the actual controller that functions differently depending on the game. Xbox one controllers can actually be updated and they now have independent vibrations for the triggers.

Graphics continue to impress game after game. Go play a launch day PS3 game and compare it God of War 3.

So I ask you, what else could you possibly want. What more can they add to the controllers to satisfy you? What more do you want to see online to satisfy you? More games? Sure, they have BEEN delivering and will continue to do so. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining. I have all 3 next gen systems and have been VERY entertained, and from what I already have I'm excited to see what next year is going to bring, after this year alone finishes incredibly strong.

When I see you guys complain about this console generation, I immediately wonder how many games the person is actually even playing. It seems to me like a bunch of casual gamers who only look for the AAA EA recycled games year to year that complain the most.
you arent saying much, more players online? in what?

i have a PS4, what about the controller. Its gotten marginally better over the DS3, and im only saying that because of the touch pad i guess? the triggers have never felt good on either 3-4.

im comparing PS4 games vs ps3 games right now, the jump is there but it isnt drastic bro

youre reaching if you say "what more do you want", we're getting more of the same thing we got on PS3. Thus the lack of "defining game"

jump from PS2 to PS3 was all about the online component, that is done with. What is new? I guess i can concede share play but i guess im too old to appreciate the feature

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

this

im sure a next gen CFB game would probably curb this feeling for me but im hardpressed to find a game that is worth buying. Bloodborne looks the most attractive but im waiting for a $40-50 sale then grab it

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Getting a lot of "features" for games but its wahtever. Ok so I can instantly share with everyone on my friend's list at the tap of a button:manny:
Only game I can think of thats been truly innovative in terms of gameplay is the Arkham games and that was last gen:pachaha:

Last edited: