They Are Remaking Cabin Fever :what:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
‘Cabin Fever’ Remake Invites Eli Roth Back Into House

Eli Roth’s 2002 horror comedy Cabin Fever is getting a remake, with the original movie’s writer-director Roth returning as executive producer. He won’t have to do much writing this time, though: The plan is to use the exact same Roth-Randy Pearlstein script that was shot in 2002, and with a cast already moved in, it puts the project on the fast track. Shooting begins this week in Portland, OR.

The new version will star Teen Wolf‘s Gage Golightly, Dustin Ingram, Samuel Davis, Matthew Daddario and Nadine Crocker. Travis Zariwny (Intruder) is directing. Armory Films’ Chris Lemole and Tim Zajaros and Contend’s Evan Astrowsky will produce, and Armory and Pelican Point Media are financing. Roth will exec produce with Cassian Elwes, Ike and Jaclyn Ann Suri, and Peter Fruchtman.

Elwes and CAA will handle domestic sales for Cabin Fever and Voltage international sales at the upcoming American Film Market.

Susan Jackson, who helped finance the original film and and sold it to Lionsgate in a bidding war at the 2002 Toronto Film Festival, will get a “dedicated to” title. She died last week.

The original Cabin Fever centered on a group of college students who rent a cabin in the woods to do some partying. That’s when they begin to fall victim to a flesh-eating virus and all hell breaks loose.

“Travis had an amazing vision for my original script, and as a scary movie fan I really wanted to see it. I almost see this like re-staging a play, and I’m excited to see what ideas Travis and the cast bring to it. They’re all fans of the original and want to make a film that’s a new classic and I believe they will,” said Roth.

The pic takes the reins from a pair of ill-received sequels to Cabin Fever, which grossed $30.6M worldwide: 2009’s Cabin Fever: Spring Fever, directed by Ti West, and the Sean Astin-starring prequel Cabin Fever: Patient Zero which came out this February. Neither involved Roth.
http://deadline.com/2014/10/cabin-fever-remake-eli-roth-returns-855699/

I liked the original movie but it came out only 12 years ago and they are remaking it already? And using the exact same script too?
Plus just watched a sequel to Cabin Fever that came out this year.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I hate Eli Roth. Dude gotta be Tarantino's drug connect to be getting that co-sign.

I remember I copped the DVD the first day it came out, because all these horror sites were talking about :krs: "Eli Roth is the new prince of horror!"

I watched that corn ball ass movie, ejected it, broke it in half, then put it, the case, and the receipt for it in the trash. The movie was so wack I didn't even want the money back that copped it, it was tainted.

Fred.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I hate Eli Roth. Dude gotta be Tarantino's drug connect to be getting that co-sign.

I remember I copped the DVD the first day it came out, because all these horror sites were talking about :krs: "Eli Roth is the new prince of horror!"

I watched that corn ball ass movie, ejected it, broke it in half, then put it, the case, and the receipt for it in the trash. The movie was so wack I didn't even want the money back that copped it, it was tainted.

Fred.
I got suckered into going to see it the first night it came out based off of all the horror experts talking about nit like it was some revolutionary example of horror movie making.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got suckered into going to see it the first night it came out based off of all the horror experts talking about nit like it was some revolutionary example of horror movie making.

I still to this day have no idea why they dikk rode him and this movie so much unless bribery was involved.

Fred.

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps

Fred.

:deadmanny: