There are 264 US universities that enroll >25% Hispanics

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just came across this website that lists Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI).

Here is the definition of HSI's:
Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) – a nonprofit, accredited college, university, or system/district in the U.S. or Puerto Rico, where total Hispanic enrollment constitutes a minimum of 25% of the total enrollment at the undergraduate or graduate level.

Click on this link. http://www.hacu.net/assnfe/CompanyDirectory.asp?STYLE=2&COMPANY_TYPE=1,5#Arizona

There are 264 instituitions in the United States that are HSI's. Go through the list and you will see that most of these institutions are VERY large universities. Cot damn brehs. I am completely shocked at how organized Hispanics are in America. How are we going to catch up. :damn:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're not that "organized" there are a lot of Hispanics, and a lot of them go to college.
If the East Asian population was anywhere close to the size of the Hispanic population here, the entire West Coast, the Ivies, and the top Public Research schools would all people "East Asian-Serving Institutions."
Hell, they're almost like that now.

HeavyTheDon

Banned
Daps
As a black man, don't hate the playa, hate the game. Life is a competition, no one is going to let up to let you breath and that's something black folks don't understand for some reason. Black people are the most gifted people in the world but we refuse to focus our efforts on productive sh1t.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're not that "organized" there are a lot of Hispanics, and a lot of them go to college.
If the East Asian population was anywhere close to the size of the Hispanic population here, the entire West Coast, the Ivies, and the top Public Research schools would all people "East Asian-Serving Institutions."
Hell, they're almost like that now.
I hear you and while I agree, i think is is more than just having a large or growing population. This is more telling about Hispanics desire for a higher education. Yes most of the HSI's are in states with high hispanic populations California, Texas or Arizona. Education is rooted in Asian culture, so I don't find that to be a good comparison. This stat is impressive because of Hispanic's socioeconomic status in America. They might be poor and working class but their kids are getting educated. To think that their are 250+ universities that enroll >25% Hispanics in PWI schools with 5k to 30k students is impressive. I'm sure Black folk are still graduating high school and college at higher rates but I don't know how long that will last.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We got 99 HBCU's, what am I missing?

Most of the institutions were once PWI. Now Hispanics are benefitting from being the majority at many well-funded institutions with large endowments located in their backyards. They are benefitting from being able to capitalize on that while living at home.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Most of the institutions were once PWI. Now Hispanics are benefitting from being the majority at many well-funded institutions with large endowments located in their backyards. They are benefitting from being able to capitalize on that while living at home.
I looked at the list and saw a bunch of community colleges and branch campuses