The Weekend Box Office thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Thought we should have a thread on this.. i can't be the only nerd that checks this every weekend.

I didn't even go to the theater the first 4 months of this year and still checked it every weekend.

Weekend Report: Fourth 'Transformers' Opens to $300 Million Worldwide

:snoop:

At the domestic box office, the fourth installment in the immensely successful franchise opened to an estimated $100 million. That's the biggest opening of the year so far ahead of Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($95 million).

More importantly, it took in over $201 million from 37 international markets. That includes a stunning $90 million in China, which is the biggest "foreign" opening ever there (and probably the biggest overall, though we don't have data to confirm that).

The film played 64% male and 58% 25 years-and older(:beli:)
The film played just 27% under 18 years old, which is amusing for a big-budget film based on a toy line about robots that turn into cars. (forbes)

1. Transformers: Age Of Extinction - Paramount - $100.0M
2. 22 Jump Street - Sony - $15.4M
3. How To Train Your Dragon 2 - 20th Century Fox - $13.1M
4. Think Like A Man Too - Sony - $10.4M
5. Maleficent - Disney - $8.2M
6. Jersey Boys - Warner Bros. - $7.6M
7. Edge Of Tomorrow - Warner Bros. - $5.2M
8. Fault In Our Stars, The - 20th Century Fox - $4.8M
9. X-Men: Days Of Future Past - 20th Century Fox - $3.3M
10. Chef - Open Road - $1.7M

The weekend box office champ has been different every single week for the past 2 months straight since the summer season officially kicked off.

EDIT: and y'all feel free to post the weekend results if you catch them before i do. I don't mind :manny:

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Crazy that this is the first 100 million opening this year and we're basically in July. Box office will probably be down this year
it's crazier to me that the top movie has changed every single weekend. i think the trend may continue.. next week will decide since there's not really a hyped movie for 4th of july (:beli: in the 90s will smith used to own this weekend)

hollywood may be pumping out too many blockbusters :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hard to believe these TF movies are so popular. Do you, but I think they are awful. :yeshrug:

It's not hard to believe breh..people love escapism especially in the summer. It's printing money at this point

it's crazier to me that the top movie has changed every single weekend. i think the trend may continue.. next week will decide since there's not really a hyped movie for 4th of july (:beli: in the 90s will smith used to own this weekend)

hollywood may be pumping out too many blockbusters :manny:

Yeah I think you're right. Just too many and Americans may be getting tired of them to a degree. They'll still make money but not as much and more and more, we'll probably start to see studios cater to foreign markets

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought we should have a thread on this.. i can't be the only nerd that checks this every weekend.

4. Think Like A Man Too - Sony - $10.4M

The weekend box office champ has been different every single week for the past 2 months straight since the summer season officially kicked off.

Wow after being No.2 and opening at 20 mil to almost half........

Should have stuck to urban markets and billboards/TV promo spots:pharrell:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Scott Mendelson‏@ScottMendelson
Favorite statistic of the weekend: TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION played 73% audiences older than 18. That's hilarious...

That means that those same cats who bytch and complain about Michael Bay went to see it. And he said recently that he accepts the criticism especially since they're going to see the movie anyway and he's 100% right. This is why those type of cats will never have any true power because they don't realize the power of the dollar (no 50 cent). Until they learn to vote with their money, shyt will never change. I'm good with it tho because I don't spend money on stuff I don't want to see or waste energy talking about stuff I don't want to see. If you feel guilty about that statement tho:sas2:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Movies or theater's perhaps, going out of style with adolescents?
they're too busy snapchatting nudes to each other
m0euT6b.png