THE SPRINT WORKOUT

thekyuke

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been a jogger since '98. Ever since I've been doing daily 8ks occasionally 12k apart from late 02 and 09. Nothing helps keep weight down like jogging and the endorphin high at the end is what all joggers live for-you feel yourself floating on adrenalin and endorphins 2 hours after.
3 months ago I tried the sprint workout. Its less time consuming and some say it builds strength without dehydrating. 100 m x 8 with a 1 minute recovery in between. To my surprise I discovered:
-there's a technique to sprinting,first accelerate,keeping your head low,arms working in tandem with your legs with your only the balls of your feet touching the ground
-all out sprints are actually more taxing than jogs! When done I have to sit down for 2 minutes to get my breath back
I alternate with 200 m x 5 or 400 m x 4. Its not possible to sprint 200 m. Or rather I can't do that yet-maybe 90% top speed. My 100 m best is 13.1 sec ,200 m 28 sec and 400 m is 1.00 minute. I intend to improve within a month.
I still do a weekly 6k so as not to lose my cardio stamina. I notice my 6 k time has improved by 4 minutes. I'm faster and less winded-anyone else try sprints?