The Role of Black Intellectuals

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
This is something that I have been pondering for a long time in regards to Black intellectuals and their influence in helping to shape Black America going forward. What role(s) do you think they will have in the future in regards to Black America's advancement in gaining economic and political power? Do you think Black Intellectuals are even needed? What are your thoughts?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
This is something that I have been pondering for a long time in regards to Black intellectuals and their influence in helping to shape Black America going forward. What role(s) do you think they will have in the future in regards to Black America's advancement in gaining economic and political power? Do you think Black Intellectuals are even needed? What are your thoughts?

I believe its the responsibility of the black intellectual to spread the knowledge and educational revolution to the urban centers where the majority of black citizens live. The reason is that we have studied extensively the causation of racial oppression and hegemony and understand certain trends that can be broken to lead to solutions; in addition, we must use Academia to push these measures forward; Instead of just submitting journal articles and books detailing the black experience, we need to submit multiple versions so they can read at various levels, even going down to the elementary level. Early development of the critical analysis tactic can really propel our people. The black intellectuals must first be dedicated to spreading truths and solutions to hinder oppression and progress the race and get off the neo-conservative "its all blacks people's fault because they are lazy" bullshyt; we must spread the ideas of loving each other and coalition building to younger people and really revolutionize how education is spread throughout the majority population. Its a long, extensive, exhaustive process, but it can be done if we work together in systems and break the class antagonisms. I have tons of ideas on how all of this will work and I'd be happy to share more in the future, but this is a general answer that should get the discussion going. Im a realistic optimist: the shyt will be hard, but it is not infeasible

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
I believe its the responsibility of the black intellectual to spread the knowledge and educational revolution to the urban centers where the majority of black citizens live. The reason is that we have studied extensively the causation of racial oppression and hegemony and understand certain trends that can be broken to lead to solutions; in addition, we must use Academia to push these measures forward; Instead of just submitting journal articles and books detailing the black experience, we need to submit multiple versions so they can read at various levels, even going down to the elementary level. Early development of the critical analysis tactic can really propel our people. The black intellectuals must first be dedicated to spreading truths and solutions to hinder oppression and progress the race and get off the neo-conservative "its all blacks people's fault because they are lazy" bullshyt; we must spread the ideas of loving each other and coalition building to younger people and really revolutionize how education is spread throughout the majority population. Its a long, extensive, exhaustive process, but it can be done if we work together in systems and break the class antagonisms. I have tons of ideas on how all of this will work and I'd be happy to share more in the future, but this is a general answer that should get the discussion going. Im a realistic optimist: the shyt will be hard, but it is not infeasible

Good response. I'll save more for later. I just wanna get more perspective on this.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Good response. I'll save more for later. I just wanna get more perspective on this.

I also believe it is the RESPONSIBILITY of all black intellectuals to engage in social activism at the local level. The reason for this is that we write on the black experience, but some of us have never actually been on the inside looking out; some of the black intellectuals have a skewed view of the black experience because they are on the outside looking in; the best works I have read have been from brothers that have participated in social movements; We must participate to understand how to best help our community in developing strategies and trends that we will write about and spread throughout the community to all levels.

FunnyJulius

Rookie
Daps
Black Intellectuals don't have much power. MLK & X had massive power but in the middle of our fight we lost them. Black intellectuals bring hope and are the face of modern day blacks.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Black Intellectuals don't have much power. MLK & X had massive power but in the middle of our fight we lost them. Black intellectuals bring hope and are the face of modern day blacks.

No we didn't; black intellectuals are still in the streets everyday and MLK and X were not what you call black intellectuals; we're talking Huey Newton, Kwame Ture, Aldon Morris, Maulana Karenga, Sundiata Cha-Jua, James Jennings, Abdul Alkalimat, etc. and other dudes that researched the historical black experience and particpated in social movements; they have spread literature and ideas, but we need more to join in.

FunnyJulius

Rookie
Daps
Micheal Eric Dyson could actually be the face of modern day Black Intellectualism

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
on WHAT TOPICS though?

A lot of social rhetoric ain't really hitting outside of the group economics theme cause we've just about overcome social racism for the most part.

Since the system is so political and the majority of the local areas of the U.S were controlled by black leadership following 1967, we must talk about the polotics and economic situation the most. How can blacks learn self-determination at the youngest ages? How can kids learn the effects of capitalism on local, national, and global senses? There is so much to go here, but black intellectuals must be invested in discussing these things in the community, not just in a book or in a classroom, but in the streets with others

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
on WHAT TOPICS though?

A lot of social rhetoric ain't really hitting outside of the group economics theme cause we've just about overcome social racism for the most part.

Topics? Areas you deem essential for Black people to work on that will help us progress. By "social racism", do you mean drinking out of the same water fountains and being able to go where you want to go without be refused service? If so, then I agree.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Black intellectuals need to communicate with the people on a level they can understand also.

black intellectuals like to preach to people instead of having a fruitful conversation, using every big word that comes to mind, completely confusing and putting people off.

this is why people like PAC are important, he knew how to speak to his target audience and adjust his language for each audience he happened to be in front at the given time.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Topics? Areas you deem essential for Black people to work on that will help us progress. By "social racism", you mean drinking out of the same water fountains and being able to go where you want to go without be refused service, then I agree.

yea because we are currently experiencing a second Nadir period where state sponsored terrorism from white police and private citizens has risen since the 1990s, economic exploitation of black working class since the income gap between blacks ans whites has widened every year, and political subjugation as whites hypersegregate our communities so they can consolidate certain voting blocs; this affects our local, state, and federal funding for housing, education, and other resources; incarceration numbers are through the roof; social racism is FAR FROM OVER in my eyes because its so deep and expansive....

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Black intellectuals need to communicate with the people on a level they can understand also.

black intellectuals like to preach to people instead of having a fruitful conversation, using every big word that comes to mind, completely confusing and putting people off.

this is why people like PAC are important, he knew how to speak to his target audience and adjust his language for each audience he happened to be in front at the given time.

This is exactly what I said