The Official Splinter Cell:Blacklist Thread

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
We have to wait til Aug 20th to get this Piff so here is a new trailer and rewind trailer from IGN to hold us over.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k90ARHtadTg"]IGN Rewind Theater - Splinter Cell: Blacklist Inauguration Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Here are some words from Senior Producer, Alex Parizeau:

"We hope you enjoyed the new Splinter Cell Blacklist trailer. You likely all noticed the launch date for the game – August 20th, 2013 in North America (August 22nd in Europe).

We’ve said it before, but this truly is the biggest game in the series – it has a huge scope. We’ve created a massive amount of content across all the game modes, from single player, to co-op and multiplayer, and we feel strongly that the game will benefit from taking the time we need for polish. We all saw how that decision helped another great Ubisoft franchise this past year with FAR CRY 3 and we have the same high expectations for our title. Splinter Cell Blacklist will have full support for a for a wide variety of play styles from Ghost, to Panther, to Assault, combined with a completely universal economy system are intricate and require a high level of tweaking and balance. We’ve put a great deal of effort into creating this game, and we do it all for you, our fans.

We’ve got big things planned for Splinter Cell over the next few months. 2013 is going to be a big year for Sam and 4th Echelon. And a huge thanks from our team at Ubisoft for all the support and excitement you show for our game.“

:clap:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I Cant Play The Videos At Work Right Now Brehs, Is This A Whole New Game Or A DLC Add On?

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I wonder if it's going to be released onto next gen consoles now that they pushed it back so far. I'm coppin the PC version either way. :takedat:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
This has been on my radar since it was announced. Wasn't a huge fan of double agent but loved conviction.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This has been on my radar since it was announced. Wasn't a huge fan of double agent but loved conviction.

I'm the other way around...Double Agent was my FAV in the series. Conviction was good but it was too short. Loved the Hunter and Infiltration modes. They brought back that old school SC stealth.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I'm the other way around...Double Agent was my FAV in the series. Conviction was good but it was too short. Loved the Hunter and Infiltration modes. They brought back that old school SC stealth.

Double agent was closer to a real splinter cell than conviction was I'll admit. My problem was splinter cell felt stale by then to me, so I liked that they tried to change things up.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Double agent was closer to a real splinter cell than conviction was I'll admit. My problem was splinter cell felt stale by then to me, so I liked that they tried to change things up.

I agree...that's Y I'm excited about Blacklist because I believe Ubisoft will take the best from Conviction add new shyt while giving options for play styles like old school steath(Ghost) like earlier games, to Panther to Assault.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
taken from Ubisoft Splinter Cell Blacklist forum:

Splinter Cell: Black List Features

Story

Blacklist, takes place after Conviction in story chronology. Sam Fisher is the head of Fourth Echelon, and directly reports to the President of the United States. The primary mission of 4th Echelon, as assigned by the president, is to shutdown all current operations being conducted by Third Echelon and their agents. While conducting this primary mission, a group of 12 terrorists initiate a terror ultimatum called the Blacklist - a deadly countdown of escalating terrorist attacks on United States interests. Reason being, these 12 have had enough of the United States global military presence in two thirds of the countries around the world. In turn, Sam and his team must hunt down these terrorist by any means necessary, and stop the Blacklist countdown before it reaches zero. Splinter Cell Blacklist sees the return of Anna 'Grim' Grímsdóttir as well as the addition of new characters such as Isaac Briggs, and Charlie Cole.

Gameplay Features

New Features on Black List

Play-Styles: There are three main play styles that will be featured in Blacklist. Ghost, Panther (agro-stealth) and Action. You will be rewarded based on how well you dedicate yourself to whichever path you choose. [Screenshot: Ghost play-style] [Video: Ghost play-style, Action play-style]
Choice: Except for a few tutorials and certain story-driven moments that may take the decision out of player's hands, the player can get through the entire game without registering a kill.
Killing In Motion: Blacklist got KIM "Killing In Motion" which enables the player to M&E on the move.
Active Sprint: It enables the player with the push of a button to run or jump over obstacles and terrains in one swift and fluid animation.
4th Echelon Support: Sam can call support like Air Strikes, or ask Grim to take out the lights so he can sneak by, it is not scripted you can use it or not, it is totally optional and up to you.
Tactical Cross Bow: it is kinda similar to the launcher function of the old SC-20K, it can be equipped with Electric Bolts & other bolts.
Breaching: it seems SCB got new ways to breach doors, like Planting a Bomb which also enables the player to earn a M&E token.
Economy System: SCB has an economy system that connects between SP, Co-Op, and MP, meaning you are earning money always and using it for customization, you can upgrade your plane, your goggles, your gear, your gadgets, your weapon, or your Adversarial Character, you need to be perfectionist with whatever style you play with to earn more money, for example if you are playing Action then to earn more money you need to do more headshots or take out 3 guards with a grenade, you can use the money to buy boots that don't make any sound if you are playing stealthy, or if you are playing actiony you can buy bulletproof vests or packs to all you to carry more frag grenades.
Suits: there are multiple suit, each corresponding to the play style, so it is different visually, like a Stealth Suit is more sleek.
Environment: Blacklist is going to have interior, exterior, nighttime, daylight, different weather – moments that are going to look amazing.
The Plane ((Osprey)): After the intro finishes, you get handed the keys of your plane, Paladin. Your team is in there and that's a playable hub. You can walk around there and talk with different characters. At the center of the playable hub is the SMI – the Strategic Mission Interface. That allows you to decide which missions you want to do.
Sam's Animation: Sam Fisher has 90+ new animation of his moves for Non-Lethal play-styles. [Video: Splinter Cell Blacklist - Non-Lethal Variety]

Classic Features that back on Black List

Abduction: it is similar to the corner grab of SCDA.
Lethal and Non Lethal Takedowns: when you equip the knife then your takedown is lethal, when you un-equip it your takedown is non lethal. Active sprint does not include takedowns.
Night Vision and Thermal Vision: They are back, the goggles can be upgraded in a cumulative, in the sense that you can overlay these things.
Light & Shadow System: It is similar to SCDA, there is a light on Sam's back that lits when you are in shadows.
Carrying Bodies: Sam regains the ability to carrying and hiding bodies. [Proof: Screenshot Link]
Repelling: Repelling is back. [Proof: Screenshot Link] You can repel inverted.
Dogs: they are back & more dangerous.
Whistling: Whistling is back as well.
Spies vs. Mercs mode is back.
Closer Than Ever: Closer Than Ever is back in Blacklist. [Video: First look at 'Closer Than Ever']

Features that excluded from Conviction

Black & White Filter: The black and white filter from Conviction has been removed.
Foul Language: The enemies no longer curse a lot. [speculation based on the AI behavior in the demo].

Weapons, Gadgets and Other Equipments

Weapons:

Melee
Karambit Knife- The Tiger's Claw-A Curved Blade designed to be Quick,Versatile,and Deadly.

Handguns
Five-Seven- Custom Built to Sam's Specifications,with an Integrated Suppressor and Deadly Accuracy.Holds 20 Rounds.

Assault Rifles
M416- Capable of laying down 850 Rounds of 5.65MM Ammo Per Minute.Attached is an Under-Mounted Launcher.

Explosives
Frag Grenade- Standard M67 Fragmentation Grenade.
Breach Charge- Capable of Breaching through Doors and Eliminating Hostiles on the other side.Remote Detonated.

Gadgets/Gear:
OPSAT-Real-Time Data Integration with Field Intel Collection,4TH Echelon Comms and the Onboard SMI Analytics Engine.
Sonar Goggles-Cutting Edge Wideband Pulse Gear with Wall-Penetrating Capability.

:blessed:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77nYiyLItUE]Splinter Cell Blacklist | Official Fifth Freedom Trailer [North America] - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: