The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think the opposite. Billy is what makes the charactor great...it seperates him from others in terms of identity and personality and a kid lead role sells much much better

Yeah, it would be stupid to remove the most distinctive part of the character, especially since he'll already be inevitably compared to Superman.

Agreed. Billy is a great character overall and that kid inside grown up superhero body is gonna be fukking jokes at points. Dude is funny as fukk in the cartoons and shyt. It'll be fun

Agree ... they need the kid ... how else can you explain the naiveness of Shazam without understanding its really the mind of a 9 yr old kid..

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
in the first reply to you I said I think superman is beatable lol.....anyway, I'm not trying to make variables, that's yall and others that dont like superman....they dont like the character cause he is overpowered and pretty much a god, so they always try to think of ways to knock him and reasons he can be beat....but that doesn't mean he's a bad character nor overrated...but that's whatever, cool having a discussion with you....
superman is not overpowered and pretty much a god, his fans make him seem that way

Prime is overpowered and pretty much a god lol

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but why would he engage in battle with superman as billy batson :heh:

Captain Marvel OR Black adam isn't losing a battle to superman. Black Adam has been sonning on the entire DCU for like a decade and WW3 he was ripping guys in half. There is nothing superman could do TO black adam or Shazam that could affect them...their invulnerability is off the charts and even youre are effectively agreeing with me by proposing that they'd fight superman as BILLY BATSON or TETH ADAM

naw, not propsing they'd fight him as billy or teth, but them throwing punches isn't beating superman...the lighting strike is what hurts him, which gives him a chance since he turns them back and forth from powered to normal....but whatever, we at an impasse, so i'll agree to disagree....been cool shooting the shyt with you...

and yea, black adam was wrecking shop in ww3...I would love to get an animated movie based off that...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
superman is not overpowered and pretty much a god, his fans make him seem that way

Prime is overpowered and pretty much a god lol

but prime is superman, just a pissed off one lol...I really would love an animated movie based off all the shyt he was doing....especially the fight when he fought the green and yellow lanterns, ion, and all the heroes...tossing anti-monitor into space like it was nothing lol....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think part of it was his name is Camtain MArvel ... not SHAZAM ... the captain marvel led to a lawsuit, etc ... and they didnt want marvel in the name to confuse readers

true....I think DC can call him captain marvel still if they wanted to, just not in titles of things nor movies...but they've said fukk it and just renamed him shazam

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm a decent Black Adam fan but I feel like peeps are overrating his magical abilities. Dudes pretty much a straight brawler. nikka ain't Zatanna slinging spells and shyt. Dudes nowhere near as fast as Supes either. It'd be a dope fight.

Wiki said:
By channeling Heru's supernatural speed, Black Adam can move at sub-light speeds in orbit. In outer space, Black Adam can fly at trans-light speeds, while on Earth he has been depicted running at a maximum Mach 500. He was able to give his speed to the Golden Age Flash, running at incredible speeds with him.

52712ff6424839e04c1c0921de93f51e.jpg

2wvi.png

Last edited:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
am i the only one who thought this was some sort of follow up to shaqs kazaam? :skip:

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Btw, to be fair,

ULTRAMAN gave black adam the business in forever evil....he, like prime, is crazy broken however
That shyt was wack :to:

As mentioned by other fans, the new 52 seems to make him/shazam seem weaker or some shyt

Ultraman isnt on superman prime level, he basically just a superman clone thats ruthless

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
That didn't happen :sadcam:

That shyt was wack :to:

As mentioned by other fans, the new 52 seems to make him/shazam seem weaker or some shyt

Ultraman isnt on superman prime level, he basically just a superman clone thats ruthless

Well earth 3 ultraman is pretty different

This version of Ultraman is empowered by Kryptonite (and even snorts it like a drug) and is hurt by sunlight. He was responsible for murdering Monocle when he claimed that the Crime Syndicate was the Justice League in disguise. Ultraman moved the moon in front of the sun to eclipse the Crime Syndicate's section of Earth.[10] It is interesting to note that the "new 52" version of Ultraman is shown as incredibly strong (fights Black Adam and swiftly defeats him), and is fairly impervious to "Shazam magic," which, in pre-new 52 continuity, is one of mainstream Superman's weaknesses.
Basically he is tailormade to beat blackadam...i probably shouldntve even mentioned him

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...omics-role-says-announcement-coming-very-soon

Back in March, fan favorite actor Dwayne Johnson laid out that he and Warner Bros. had been in discussions for a long time about what DC Comics character he could play on the big screen. At the time, it seemed like it could be Lobo or potentially the villain Black Adam, but now in an interview with Total Film, Johnson not only confirms that he’ll be playing a character but appears to say he’s playing Shazam.

“I will say this. There’s a character out there that we’re going to announce very soon that I’m going to play, and I’ll just say this: This character has the power of Superman, he can throw down. Just say the word. That’s all I’m going to say.”

If you recall back to the slate of DC Comics titles that popped up last month, a “Shazam!” solo film was said to follow the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice for a July 2016 release date. Check back here on Saturday for our live blog from the Warner Bros. panel at the San Diego Comic-Con where they just might be revealing all these details.

looks like the rock has been confirmed, but who is he playing is the question :lupe: i can't see him playing the villain in a movie. he's too likeable and hasn't been a heel for years. i think he has the personality to play shazam so if he does get that role then it should still be good. either way i'm watching this piff:takedat: