The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Are you selling or keeping? I tell you what, if I see these things going for $900+ then I will not even open mine

If keeping what are you going to grab @ launch?

Keeping the PS4, unless people are paying absurd amounts, then I can just sell it and wait. I'm selling the Xbone though, they expect limited shipments so somebody is going to overpay.

Launch, probably Killzone and BF4.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought I'd get it in on release day but seeing some of y'all posts and all the positive press, Xbox one also being a none factor, went ahead and pre ordered it.

Debating now if I should pre order another...

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Blacklight: Retribution sells the PS4 controller as a shooter's best friend

Consoles live and die by the ergonomics of their controllers, and the manner in which developers utilize those controllers for launch titles. That's what Blacklight's aiming to be: a launch title for the PS4, though it may take a few months longer than that to finish the port, Zombie Studios communications manager Collin Moore told Polygon during an E3 2013 demo.

My Blacklight demo marked my first time holding the PlayStation 4's new controller, which I fell in love with instantly. It feels better in the hand, with more responsive buttons and far more manageable triggers than those on the comparatively obtuse DualShock 3. Blacklight on PS4 utilizes that controller extremely well — the PC version of the title has been lauded for its tight shooting mechanics, which have been adapted nicely to the new DualShock.

That's quite fortunate, Moore explained, because a console's early shooters are often responsible for selling the promise of how all games will control on new platforms.

"For ergonomics in the controls; we saw it last generation with Halo, Halo pretty much defined how people held the Xbox with the old Duke controller," Moore said. "Sony's made some really good updates to the DualShock. When we got our hands on it and started playing, we were like, 'Holy crap, I think I've found my new favorite controller.'

"The first-person shooter genre being a genre that a lot of people buy their console for, the genre where you get your 15 million sellers, your 18 million sellers, your Call of Duty and Halo-type games," Moore said. "Those are the games that everyone puts their hands on, and if it doesn't make sense, you'll have a lot of disappointed fans out there. But we've done a lot of research to make sure Blacklight, even though we have different features, that people still feel comfortable in the game. They can pick up and play if they've played a previous game in the first-person genre, and they'll be able to figure it out really quickly and have a great time."

Shooting in Blacklight PS4 felt responsive, even though it used the DualShock's formerly maligned rear triggers. While the DualShock 3's squishy, convex inputs left a lot to be desired on the PS3 shooters which decided to use them for aiming and firing, the PS4's — while still slightly analog — do not disappoint. My demo was single-player, and the bots I was firing at didn't do much in the way of evasive maneuvering; the demo, Zombie explained, was to show E3 attendees what shooting guns on the new console feels like.

There's a lot we haven't seen from Blacklight: Retribution's PS4 port, but if demoing that one mechanic truly was Zombie's goal at E3, it succeeded with flying colors.

Blacklight: Retribution sells the PS4 controller as a shooter's best friend | Polygon

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Xbox One, PS4 coming to Jimmy Fallon this week - GameSpot.com

NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon will host its fourth annual Video Game Week beginning this evening with a demonstration of Xbox One racing simulator Forza Motorsport 5.

Other titles on display this week include the PlayStation 4's Knack (June 18), Ubisoft's Watch Dogs (June 19), Activision's Call of Duty: Ghosts (June 20), and Nintendo's Game & Wario and Super Mario 3D World (June 21).

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Sony: "We had a good day but it's not over yet"

Sony: "We had one good day, but it's not over yet" | Games industry news | MCV

An aggressive Sony took E3 by storm last week, but says it was only ‘one good day’.

The company’s pre-E3 press conference was quite low on new games compared with Xbox. But its decision to not force online checks every 24 hours, or block trade-ins, was a real crowd-pleaser.

And PS4’s £350 price tag is more attractive than Xbox’s £430 (including Kinect).

The result has been a huge increase in pre-orders.

Yet SCE UK boss Fergal Gara has played down the significance of winning E3, telling MCV that the company needs to keep its foot on the gas up to launch and beyond.

“Winning is determined by a much longer timescale,” he said. “We were very pleased with how our messages went down at E3. We aim to be the best for gamers, and this was a key step in that direction.

“E3 is important for early momentum and generating pre-orders. But it is only one step along. We feel we had a good day but there is loads more hard work to do, and we are focused on that.”

The E3 event marked a more aggressive Sony, with barbed remarks aimed at Microsoft during the show. And Gara says the firm won’t hold back in the future.

“My UK and Ireland team is under the most competitive pressure in Europe,” he said.

“So if we want to be more successful, we have to earn it. We are have to be more driven and focused.”

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Sony details Ps4 playstation plus changes

Sony details PS4 PlayStation Plus changes - VideoGamer.com

"If you choose not to subscribe we are still gating relatively little in many senses, so access to online catch-up TV and online movie services sit outside of the gate, for example. The social features of PS4 and PS4 games sit out of the subscription service... things like auto-updates on PS4 sit outside of PlayStation Plus, so we're trying to be as balanced and as fair as we possibly can. If you choose to pay the subscription, yes, you get one important element of modern-day gameplay, but you also get fantastic value in games, including the PlayStation Plus Edition of DriveClub."

Auto-update functionality had previously only been available to PS Plus subscribers on PS3, and though it isn't yet clear what Gara means by PS4's "social features", it's possible he could be referring to the console's broadcasting and video upload features

...About their cloud streaming service.
Whether PlayStation Plus users will be required to pay an additional fee for access to PS3 title streaming through Gaikai, however, is still undecided.

"In short, we haven't decided," said Gara when asked whether the firm plans to introduce additional PlayStation Plus tiers to accommodate backwards-compatibility streaming. "The Gaikai developments are exciting. The Remote Play feature which we're particularly excited about not just benefits PS4 but PS Vita - that uses some Gaikai technology.

"But secondly, the full cloud gaming service comes a bit later – we announced that 2014 will start to see that introduced for PS3 titles in the US, and we'll start to see a gradual increase in consoles, titles, devices and countries involved as we go forward, so there is a plan there to bring the PlayStation experience to more devices out of the cloud using the Gaikai that will broaden over time.

"Will that be part of PlayStation Plus? I genuinely don't know. Will that require some other, different charging mechanism? Perhaps. We just haven't sat down to answer that question yet."

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Keeping the PS4, unless people are paying absurd amounts, then I can just sell it and wait. I'm selling the Xbone though, they expect limited shipments so somebody is going to overpay.

Launch, probably Killzone and BF4.
Yeah I just paid off 5 of them. I will sell 2 of them for a small premium to the brehs here if its THAT crazy to find

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
GTA 6 will appear naturally on the Ps4

PS4 version of Gran Turismo 6 will “appear naturally” - Gematsu

A PlayStation 4 version of Gran Turismo 6 will likely appear, according to series creator Kazunori Yamauchi.

Speaking with 4Gamer.net at E3, Yamauchi said, “I think a PlayStation 4 version will appear naturally.”

He teased, “We won’t keep you waiting too long, but it won’t be too soon either.”

Yamauchi’s thoughts on the new console? “Basically I think it’s a good neutral machine,” he said. “It’s balanced hardware with no quirks, so it’s just about how to make the software.”

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
c_Mad-Max_articolo2.jpg

mad-max_PS4_w_919.jpg

mad-max_PS4_w_4433.jpg

:gladbron:
His face looks kinda bleh to me though :shaq2: