d9056.jpg

Marcus Garvey's U.N.I.A. Parade In Harlem, NY, 1924

I_UNIAParade_Harlem1924.jpg

257509398099337f17db92e1dbdd2481.jpg

BlackStar.gif

garvey1-copy.jpg

Proudly-Afrikan-Ghana-Flag.jpg

tumblr_lz12j5LtG21rp6xbno1_1280.jpg

quote-god-and-nature-first-made-us-what-we-are-and-then-out-of-our-own-created-genius-we-make-ourselves-marcus-garvey-68928.jpg

Marcus%2BGarvey%2BLook%2Bfor%2Bme.jpg

The fight continues...

List of Marcus Garvey's achievements

Marcus Garvey was one of the greatest black leaders we ever had. He said that black people will never be successful depending on whites or other races of people, he said that as black people we must come together and do for self. I'm going to list some of Marcus Garvey's achievements.

1. Marcus Garvey built factories, where he made black dolls for black kids to play with.

2. He built a hotel.

3. He built a chain of grocery stores.

4. His organization had their own trucking company.

5. He built schools.

6. He built restaurants.

7. His organization had their own printing press.

8. He started 3 newspapers.

9. His main newspaper was called the Negro World, and that newspaper was published in Spanish and French.

10. His organization bought 3 ships and they started practicing international trade and commerce.

11. He sold stocks in the companies to working class people at $5 each

12. Marcus Garvey's organization owned office buildings.

13. They also bought an auditorium in New York, and that's where he mainly spoke and this place was called Liberty Hall.

14. By 1922 Marcus Garvey organization had 6 million members.

15. They had branches in 40 countries.

16. Marcus Garvey also started his own political party, and he named it The Peoples Political Party.

Marcus Garvey did all of that without help from white people or the Government, and he did it with an 8th grade education.

Also to note, he invented the Red, Black, Green Flag and...

The Black Star in the Ghanian Flag is a tribute to his Legacy

Words of the Prophet. This is almost 100years old and the message is still as relevant as ever

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was named after this man :blessed:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/go-back-to-africa-is-that-so-you-damned-devil.12214/

But sadly, brother........You're just wasting your time. But hopefully at least one of these blockhead negros learn something from your stellar thread.

My brother was named after him too.

This is the state of our peoples, the colonised mind has rejected all forms of its natural self. History, Culture, Skin, Hair, Women

Garvey prophesied we would be a tree without roots and here we are today.

With the spirit of the Ancestors I remain assured that we will reform to pass glorifies of our Forefathers. If Garvey taught me anything, it is that defeat is never an option.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope posting. How are we going to act on it though
People say these things, but believe me when I say there are so many organisations in place with the philosophy of black economic self reliance. The only issue is we've been taught to disregard our economical liberation and are content under the white man's thumb.

We got black brothers even doing the Damn thing in Spain and I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of them.

I can advise you to go searching for organisations in your area committed to black economic reformation. They do exist and they need us young brothers on board.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Garvey was great, but I don't agree with his back to Africa plan. I felt as though it was a cowardly way to avoid confronting the racial and economic oppression in this nation. Abandoning land that we built with our blood, sweat, and tears? Nah, we must fight the monster and educate our youth in developing solution driven goals to gradually destroy this monster. Again, Garvey did a lot of good things, but his ultimate goal was seriously flawed.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
People say these things, but believe me when I say there are so many organisations in place with the philosophy of black economic self reliance. The only issue is we've been taught to disregard our economical liberation and are content under the white man's thumb.

We got black brothers even doing the Damn thing in Spain and I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of them.

I can advise you to go searching for organisations in your area committed to black economic reformation. They do exist and they need us young brothers on board.

I agree with this though.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Garvey was great, but I don't agree with his back to Africa plan. I felt as though it was a cowardly way to avoid confronting the racial and economic oppression in this nation. Abandoning land that we built with our blood, sweat, and tears? Nah, we must fight the monster and educate our youth in developing solution driven goals to gradually destroy this monster. Again, Garvey did a lot of good things, but his ultimate goal was seriously flawed.

:mjpls:

You have to think about it in the logical sense, what Garvey accomplished was 50-60years after slavery "officialy" ended.

The few centries we've been here can never compare to the millenia our Ancestors lived in Africa.

Also you can not allow the media's representation of Africa/ Africans to influence your decision.

Yes we did build here, but this is not our land we do not belong here. This is the land of the indigenous peoples of the Americas we want no part of the wicked genocide inflicted on them.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
:mjpls:

You have to think about it in the logical sense, what Garvey accomplished was 50-60years after slavery "officialy" ended.

The few centries we've been here can never compare to the millenia our Ancestors lived in Africa.

Also you can not allow the media's representation of Africa/ Africans to influence your decision.

Yes we did build here, but this is not our land we do not belong here. This is the land of the indigenous peoples of the Americas we want no part of the wicked genocide inflicted on them.

You hit the nail right on the head. That's how I've always felt in my heart, that we don't belong here. I'd hate to die here in this cac infested wasteland.