Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Carol's got military experience and the book makes it very clear her position in the team is very much political as she's the liaison to the government organization they answer to.:manny:

You can downplay that fact just as Marvel has done often enough in the years long before this character push when she was treated as a second rate Avenger despite having more credentials to lead a team than favored characters but outside of T'Challa she's the only one on the team properly trained for the job. Plus let's not ignore that Blue Marvel actually takes point on all of their missions since he's the Reed Richards of the team and by all means the field leader.

Also, since you think they've accomplished so much more than Carol, name me three stories of note that America Chavez and Monica Rambeau played huge roles in, and I'm not talking about some shyt they just happened to headline, I'm talking actual stories that mattered and are remembered as great. :sas2:

See, it's kinda easy to go like 'Oh, black character this, white character so' but the truth is that if Rambeau and Chavez weren't minorities you probably wouldn't give a single fukk about them or anything they have ever done. And that's because when push comes to shove, they really are very similar to Carol in the sense that they are characters with a ton of potential that no writer has ever really managed to tap into properly.

:mjpls:

threw on that :cape: for carol

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Carol's got military experience and the book makes it very clear her position in the team is very much political as she's the liaison to the government organization they answer to.:manny:

You can downplay that fact just as Marvel has done often enough in the years long before this character push when she was treated as a second rate Avenger despite having more credentials to lead a team than favored characters but outside of T'Challa she's the only one on the team properly trained for the job. Plus let's not ignore that Blue Marvel actually takes point on all of their missions since he's the Reed Richards of the team and by all means the field leader.

Also, since you think they've accomplished so much more than Carol, name me three stories of note that America Chavez and Monica Rambeau played huge roles in, and I'm not talking about some shyt they just happened to headline, I'm talking actual stories that mattered and are remembered as great. :sas2:

See, it's kinda easy to go like 'Oh, black character this, white character so' but the truth is that if Rambeau and Chavez weren't minorities you probably wouldn't give a single fukk about them or anything they have ever done. And that's because when push comes to shove, they really are very similar to Carol in the sense that they are characters with a ton of potential that no writer has ever really managed to tap into properly.

But seriously... :camby:
The only marvel females that ever got good stories were the x-females. Monica and America are better characters than carol, and it don't got jack to do with them being non-white. Because of the below..

They might not have any well known stories.. but atleast their well known stories ain't about...

them getting raped by, giving birth to, and fukking marrying their extra-dimesional son :russ:
them getting their powers jacked and put into the closet by another character for what.. a decade.. and that character became waaaay more popular :skip:

broad got turned into a punchline

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I was typing something similar, but you beat me to it. Also, BP doesn't even really belong on the team...they probably should've replaced him with Surfer or some other Cosmic...hell, even Thing.

Funny how he's ignoring the push Blue Marvel's been getting, ignored the previous Mighty Avengers that was all minority and lead by Luke Cage...and even ignoring the MAJOR push Misty been getting over the past decade.

Monica has been nothing but wallpaper, so it's been good to see her anywhere. I liked the arc her and Carol had in the Capt Marvel book, when they were really getting into her push. But the truth is, there's a lot of potential in a lot of characters and people don't pick up on them when they are given their shot.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
But seriously..
The only marvel females that ever got good stories were the x-females. Monica and America are better characters than carol, and it don't got jack to do with them being non-white. Because of the below..

They might not have any well known stories.. but atleast their well known stories ain't about...

them getting raped by, giving birth to, and fukking marrying their extra-dimesional son :russ:
them getting their powers jacked and put into the closet by another character for what.. a decade.. and that character became waaaay more popular :skip:

broad got turned into a punchline

The bolded is really the only thing that matters. For a very long time Marvel didn't give a fukk about solo female characters who weren't part of the X-Men unvierse. Hell, why do you think Rogue became more popular? Because the X-Men always got that push.

My point still remains, everyone knows the only reason Carol is in this book for the same reason she now runs SWORD on top of being a member of A-Force, and of course is headlining Civil War II. Because they're pushing her like crazy for the female audience and feminist agenda. It might not be fair to characters like Rambeau and Chavez but let's not pretend like those characters have strong legacies or anything.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:dead:@ this being an actual back n forth.
Anyone who actually reads Ultimates knows that Carol aint the damn leader of the team. I figured erryone was just pokin fun at the inherent :mjpls:'ness whenever they put her front and center of the promo art. It'll always come across as :mjpls:, whether intentional or not (:mjpls:).

Carol, like the Inhumans, is struggling to find her footing with readers amidst this push that they're giving her. Personally, I find her boring and bland, so i'm not surprised by the struggle. T'Challa aside, I find America Chavez to be the most interesting Ultimates character b/c Adam (as the focus of Ultimates) is also boring and bland, and Monica is reduced to his wall paper girlfriend. BP and AMC are at least fun a$$holes the way they be acting. I was actually hoping BP would be off the team and on to a better squad post-CWII, but oh well.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
IMG_4166-600x554.png

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The bolded is really the only thing that matters. For a very long time Marvel didn't give a fukk about solo female characters who weren't part of the X-Men unvierse. Hell, why do you think Rogue became more popular? Because the X-Men always got that push.

My point still remains, everyone knows the only reason Carol is in this book for the same reason she now runs SWORD on top of being a member of A-Force, and of course is headlining Civil War II. Because they're pushing her like crazy for the female audience and feminist agenda. It might not be fair to characters like Rambeau and Chavez but let's not pretend like those characters have strong legacies or anything.

They got that push because they were selling millions of copies...blew away the Avengers, Batman, Spider man, Superman, Spawn...all of it.