The Official Black Conservatism Thread

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
:blessed:

Historically speaking, blacks in the United States have traditonally been IDEOLOGICALLY CONSERVATIVE!!! Its only been since 64' that blacks have been thought of as liberal mainly due to the marketing job far left liberals have done. So Id like to first start this thread with the great black conservative thinkers of the 20th Century

220px-Booker_T_Washington_retouched_flattened-crop.jpg

Booker T. Washington - "Self Help"

Marcus-Garvey-9307319-1-402.jpg

Marcus Garvey- "Self Reliance"

carter-g-woodson-black-history-month.jpg

Carter G. Woodson- "Mis-Education of the Negro"

220px-George_Washington_Carver.jpg

George Washington Carver- "The Black Leonardo"

220px-Malcolm_X_NYWTS_2a.jpg

Macolm X- "By Any Means Necessary"

1952(3).jpg

Jackie Robinson- "Reinforcement of Black power through conservatism"

Plenty more Black Conservatives in the early 20th century but I will leave at these great gentlemen for now and we can discuss specifically why each were ideologically conservative in their own right and how their message is the blueprint for saving the black population today.

Now I caution, this thread isnt about democrats vs republicans for both parties has its racists elements (white far right southern republicans and gay far left democrats). This thread is about black conservatism in general and how different issues today are seen from the black conservative perspective.

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
Jackie Robinson Explains his perspective of Black Conservatism:

“I believed blacks ought to become producers, manufacturers, developers and creators of businesses, providers of jobs. For too long we had been spending too much money on liquor while we owned too few liquor stores and were not even manufacturing it.

“If you found a black man making shoes or candy or ice cream, he was a rarity. We talked about not having capital, but we needed to learn to take a chance, to be daring, to pool capital, to organize our buying power so that the millions we spent did not leave our communities to be stacked up in some downtown bank.

“In addition to the economic security we could build with green power, we could use economic means to reinforce black power. How much more effective our demands for a piece of the action would be if we were negotiating from the strength of self-reliance rather than stating our case in the role of a beggar or someone crying out for charity.”

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jackie Robinson Explains his perspective of Black Conservatism:

So only black conservative idealogy have a monopoly on the idea where black people, "become producers, manufacturers, developers and creators of businesses, providers of jobs."? :childplease: You act like black people who are liberal don't want the same things. GTFOH

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
So only black conservative idealogy has a monopoly on the idea where black people, "become producers, manufacturers, developers and creators of businesses, providers of jobs." :childplease: You act like black people who are liberal don't want the same things. GTFOH

The majority of black liberal rhetoric centers around Reparations in the form of Government welfare, not self sufficiency and sustainability. For if what your saying is the case then the black liberal elite would have been advocating for more empowerment based policies, not the increase of the welfare state. You'd never hear a black liberal say "For too long we had been spending too much money on liquor" as Jackie Robinson did for they would quickly be labeled as a c00n

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The majority of black liberal rhetoric centers around Reparations in the form of Government welfare, not self sufficiency and sustainability. For if what your saying is the case then the black liberal elite would have been advocating for more empowerment based policies, not the increase of the welfare state

I have never heard any rhetoric about reparations come from any serious liberal black intellectual, you will have to point me to any serious discussions about that. And I don't want to see you say you hear it on the streets or some shyt.

What Welfare state are you talking about exactly? Are you talking about the welfare state that is trying to get education and training into poor black neighborhoods so that they can get a job or go to school and then build a business they want? Are you talking about the welfare state that is trying to increase medical insurance coverage so that black families don't have to worry about medical bills bankrupting them and not being able to afford school?

If the welfare state you are talking about is just welfare itself then I'm not sure where you are getting the information that black liberals are trying to increase the amount of black people on welfare. It's something a white conservative would say.

And Ironically the most welfare recipients comes from conservative red states.

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
I have never heard any rhetoric about reparations come from any serious liberal black intellectual, you will have to point me to any serious discussions about that. And I don't want to see you say you hear it on the streets or some shyt.

What Welfare state are you talking about exactly? Are you talking about the welfare state that is trying to get education and training into poor black neighborhoods so that they can get a job or go to school and then build a business they want? Are you talking about the welfare state that is trying to increase medical insurance coverage so that black families don't have to worry about medical bills bankrupting them and not being able to afford school?

If the welfare state you are talking about is just welfare itself then I'm not sure where you are getting the information that black liberals are trying to increase the amount of black people on welfare. It's something a white conservative would say.

And Ironically the most welfare recipients comes from conservative red states.

Rep. Keith Ellison and John Conyers are advocates for the general idea of reparations due to slaver. Plenty others as well, but those are the two most recently in the mainstream that advocate for reparations. When I say avocation for the welfare state I am referring to the many of black liberals who were against the general reform of the welfare systemy, most notably in the '96 when Clinton signed the welfare reform act into law.. many liberal black intellectuals like Julian Bond, John Lewis, etc lambasted clinton for signing that into law because they felt it would hurt poor black folk

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many people confuse those listed above to be of a Conservative Party of Washington. These great men pushed Black Folk to think for themselves and be for their community. Republicans and Democrats act they own the copyright of these men. Both Parties helped to destroy black men like this...

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
Several of the people you listed above were pro-reparations. Sounds like another simplistic attempt to characterize Black history.

Indeed, as some of those men advocated for reparations for the purpose of self sustainability and growth of the black community to establish wealth. Much different from the liberal rhetoric of today. And given the time period that those men were active in, its understandable.

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
Many people confuse those listed above to be of a Conservative Party of Washington. These great men pushed Black Folk to think for themselves and be for their community. Republicans and Democrats act they own the copyright of these men. Both Parties helped to destroy black men like this...

Indeed, and thats whats missing in this day in age in the community unfortunately

Superstar
Daps
"Conservatism" has no meaning in this discussion because it is an imprecise term. The only reason we say "liberals" were pro slavery is because Democrats were pro-slavery at a time when most Dems were conservative and Republicans were more liberal.

All of the people you listed preached black self-esteem and self-reliance. Neither of those concepts is especially conservative.

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
"Conservatism" has no meaning in this discussion because it is an imprecise term. The only reason we say "liberals" were pro slavery is because Democrats were pro-slavery at a time when most Dems were conservative and Republicans were more liberal.

All of the people you listed preached black self-esteem and self-reliance. Neither of those concepts is especially conservative.

So are you saying there is no such thing blacks being conservative on certain issues? And this has nothing to do with democrats and republicans, as I stated in the first post. For even certain groups that were responsible for the Civil Rights movement in the 60's and aligned with democrats such as the SCLC were ideologically conservative at the core and used that ideologically to advocate for Civil rights. Then you had the other side of black conservatism such as the SNCC, Panthers, US, that were advocating black seperatist ideals based on Self sustainability, self reliance, self help which are black conservative ideals