The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the original captain marvel. decades ago.

Captain_Marvel_29.jpg

220px-DeathofCaptainMarvel.jpg

(bottom is 3 separate pages added together...)

2142808-captain_marvel.jpg

Carol Danvers took the mantle and name a couple of years ago. She was originally "Miss Marvel."

2725383-1625487_ms._marvel___flying_cho_lrg_super.jpg

When Kelly Sue Deconnick, a writer (and Matt Fraction's wife) took a crack at the character, She changed her name from Miss Marvel to Captain Marvel (per Steve Rogers' suggestion, in the book).

background.jpg

cap1.jpg~original

There's a young pakistani american girl with powers who goes by "Miss Marvel" now. Her civilian name is Kamala Khan.

latest

130e1fbed375a8749e844fdc468c53a3.jpg

Thanks man I appreciate it

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
If they have movies planned to 2028 then obviously there's no plans to reboot anything. There's no reason to permanently kill him either, just let him retire/disappear and War Machine take over. A few years down the road, have him pop back up on some Han Solo shyt. That alone would do numbers.

The internet been saying they're gonna kill off/replace RDJ since the 2nd Ironman movie. If it was that easy they would've done it by now....instead he's being used to boost other properties, like Spider-Man.

Fred.
He was a lot younger and a lot cheaper then. RDJ is making like 60 million a film. He's all but done with Marvel after 2019 and he will be 52. By the time Marvel start hitting y'all with Runaways, Nova, Khamala Khan, She Hulk, Miles Morales..y'all aint gonna be upset.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He was a lot younger and a lot cheaper then. RDJ is making like 60 million a film. He's all but done with Marvel after 2019 and he will be 52. By the time Marvel start hitting y'all with Runaways, Nova, Khamala Khan, She Hulk, Miles Morales..y'all aint gonna be upset.

shyt man....I wouldn't be upset now. I thought "Ironman 2" was :ld: and 3 was garbage. I'm just saying, I don't see it happening. Not in the definitive "kill him off forever" way people are saying, anyway.

Fred.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Not if he dies. Eventually yeah he will be recast or rebooted. Maybe 2029. But damn sure no 2022. Marvel announced in 2014 they had plans through 2028

Pierce Brosnan was Bond in 2002, Daniel Craig was Bond in 2005. It's 4 years max post-RDJR before a recast.

These are franchise characters, they're not going to be written out. It's an ongoing universe.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The movies have made it clear that they aren't doing that mantle stuff. Rightfully so, no one wants a Bourne Legacy :scusthov:

It's not clear at this point, they haven't even finished the first arc (Thanos) they started. If they keep the same core actors post-"Infinity War", ok cool. But now it's too early to say they're not gonna switch it up.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Pierce Brosnan was Bond in 2002, Daniel Craig was Bond in 2005. It's 4 years max post-RDJR before a recast.

These are franchise characters, they're not going to be written out. It's an ongoing universe.

Which is why if he dies in 2019 there is no need to replace him. As he's died there wont be another Iron Man film or actor in at least the next 8 years. The Marvel story is going to roll right ahead with no Iron Man.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already posted a direct quote from Kevin Feige about their plans moving forward as it relates to casting, so nobody should still be in here arguing about them killing characters off and passing the mantle to other actors. When the time comes when the current actors can't or won't reprise the roles they'll recast.

Marvel has also already shown they're willing to recast actors fairly quickly if they need to do so.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are going to make Sebastian Stan Captain America after Infinity War. Which is why he has 6 more films on his contract and Evans has NONE.

No, Stan has six more films on his contract because Marvel signs everyone to long term contracts just in case they decide to use those actors in other films for minor roles. Just because an actor is signed to a six picture deal doesn't mean they be asked to come back later....

Ask Hugo Weaving about his multi picture deal with Marvel.....

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
They are going to make Sebastian Stan Captain America after Infinity War. Which is why he has 6 more films on his contract and Evans has NONE.

The Winter Soldier will NEVER become Captain America in these movies :stopitslime:

Steve Rogers is Captain America. Bucky Barnes is The Winter Soldier. Chris Evans will be recast if decides he doesn't want to stay on. It's that simple. Like I just told Hex nobody wants a Bourne Legacy type situation.

Which is why if he dies in 2019 there is no need to replace him. As he's died there wont be another Iron Man film or actor in at least the next 8 years. The Marvel story is going to roll right ahead with no Iron Man.

It's an ongoing story/franchise of course RDJr needs to be replaced :gucci: