The :flabbynsick: aren't always as :flabbynsick: as you think they are

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Maybe, just maybe, they're keeping it real: Hip hop fell the fukk off.

I was at a bbq with an older crowd (:flabbynsick: I know) and we were dancing to shyt. This came on:

and this 50 year old sista was dancing/rhyming this shyt word for word. Having a ton of fun.

So we got to talk about hip hop. She thought the genre was trash now. I asked her when the genre fell off for her. And she said: around 2005.

If she really were :flabbynsick: and her opinion on hip hop should be ignored, she'd say some shyt like: "hip hop aint been shyt since the 1980s."

Why won't some of you see that hip hop, somewhere in the 2000s, became grooveless, mentally dull cac-friendly pop music? Heads and even non-heads who like to dance to hip hop dislike modern hip hop for very real and concrete reasons. And the 'age' argument is already getting played out, especially since it's clear that some :flabbynsick: cats are more up on the new shyt than the new kids.

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
idk where you be at, but i see plenty of people dance to today's music
at one point it was "all they make is dance/turn up music with no soul", now no one's dancing to it :deadmanny:
Real talk though the majority of time I be at the clubs and they play nothing but Trap/Drill no one is really dancing , their just were standing , on their phone or just not socializing with anyone but who they arrived with , I remember the last club I attended the scenery was similar to this and then they randomly played Touch Me Tease Me by Case and Foxy Brown and the whole club went bonkers and everyone started dancing and the DJ continued to play 90s hip hop & R&B for the remainder of the night and it definitely changed the atmosphere of the club everyone was more radiant, OP does have a point .

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
She was 40 in 2005. She just reached her limit on how much new music she could absorb. And dap and rep for the song in the OP.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
Real talk though the majority of time I be at the clubs and they play nothing but Trap/Drill no one is really dancing , their just were standing , on their phone or just not socializing with anyone but who they arrived with , I remember the last club I attended the scenery was similar to this and then they randomly played Touch Me Tease Me by Case and Foxy Brown and the whole club went bonkers and everyone started dancing and the DJ continued to play 90s hip hop & R&B for the remainder of the night and it definitely changed the atmosphere of the club everyone was more radiant, OP does have a point .
ok is it trap/drill or is it pop? of course no one was gonna dance to lil reese and songs about crack and gangbanging
there's whole range of music out there, that just sounds like a shytty DJ