The CW's Military Conspiracy Thriller series "Valor" thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

The CW has given a series order to military thriller Valor, its second series order following the pick up for sprawling soap Dynasty. CW president Mark Pedowitz is said to have wanted a military drama on the schedule since he arrived at the network and every broadcast network made sure to develop shows they think would reach rural/blue collar America in the wake of President Trump’s November election.

From Kyle Jarrow (The Drop) and executive produced by Bill Haber (Beauty and the Beast), Valor takes place on a U.S. Army base that houses an elite team of helicopter pilots. The series focuses on two pilots pegged to head a Somali rescue mission meant to bring home a fleet of their captured brothers. However, what the Army doesn’t know is that these pilots know more about the botched mission that landed these soldiers in enemy hands than they let on.

The second military-based drama to be picked up this season, following NBC’s For God and Country, Valor stars Matt Barr (Sleepy Hollow), Christina Ochoa (Blood Drive), and Charlie Barnett (Secrets and Lies).

The CW will be unveiling its plans for 2017-2018 on Thursday, May 18th. You can check out what KSiteTV thought they could be doing next season here.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
Definitely not gonna last more than 2 seasons. They need to stick to the CW formula. Superhero, SciFi, & Teen dramas. That's it. Lol

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i watched. you have to be a bit forgiving to pilot episodes, so i am grading on a bit of a curve. it is kinda cool that the main characters start off with a lie that will probably get exposed if those MIAs are recovered. other than that, the special effects are terrible and the lead actress has no charisma. outside of being attractive, i dont care about her. her BF is boring, her co-pilot comes off as a paper thin cliche of a hotshot, the enemy is faceless and uninteresting, there is no coolness or thrill in the way they shot that spec ops mission.

still, i give it a passing grade of C+ and i would say that it was worth me sticking around to watch one more episode next week. im hoping the show has a rhythm that it will settle into over time because the basic idea of a female pilot and spec ops is inherently interesting to me. i think one thing that could improve quickly depending on who is directing each episode is the style of the show.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Don’t watch but posting this anyway

‘Dynasty’ Gets Full-Season Pickup From the CW, No Back Order For ‘Valor’

Same thing that happened to Frequency and No Tomorrow.

No more additional episodes and they were eventually canceled in May.

Same thing will likely happen to this.

Not that surprising. Again I haven’t watched it but it seemed like such an odd choice for CW

Meanwhile Dynasty got a full 22 episode season.

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
Don’t watch but posting this anyway

‘Dynasty’ Gets Full-Season Pickup From the CW, No Back Order For ‘Valor’

Same thing that happened to Frequency and No Tomorrow.

No more additional episodes and they were eventually canceled in May.

Same thing will likely happen to this.

Not that surprising. Again I haven’t watched it but it seemed like such an odd choice for CW

Meanwhile Dynasty got a full 22 episode season.
Never got around to checking out No Tomorrow.. But, I was heated when they canceled Frequency. That was a pretty dope show.

How is Valor & Dynasty, in your opinion?

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Never got around to checking out No Tomorrow.. But, I was heated when they canceled Frequency. That was a pretty dope show.

How is Valor & Dynasty, in your opinion?
Never checked out Valor but I watched the first two episodes of Dynasty and it’s not great but entertaining. Whole bunch of fukkery basically.

I don’t watch it weekly but I might binge when the season is over.