Started a new sports podcast called "Broadcast Journal" (Michael Kay Interview Now Up)

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Hey brehs, I recently started a sports podcast called "Broadcast Journal', where I individuals sports broadcasters about their careers and lives in the sports industry. Right now, it's mostly centered around people in the New York metropolitan area, but some of the names are also names known in the national scene. I have interviewed Kenny Albert, Don La Greca, Matt Loughlin, and just recently Sam Rosen. If you guys got 20-30 minutes to spare check it out and enjoy. I will definitely post each new episode on this thread whenever available:

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
That's cool, how did you get interviews with these cats?

Some of the leagues like the NFL and NHL have broadcast directories online in PDF form with all the team announcers emails and I just emailed them and asked. I also have an internship with the New Jersey Devils, so it allows me to interact with a lot of the announcers as well. It fact, three of the interviews were conducted at the Prudential Center with two more coming before the season ends.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
B1XK5Ok.png

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Some of the leagues like the NFL and NHL have broadcast directories online in PDF form with all the team announcers emails and I just emailed them and asked. I also have an internship with the New Jersey Devils, so it allows me to interact with a lot of the announcers as well. It fact, three of the interviews were conducted at the Prudential Center with two more coming before the season ends.

can you get Marv Albert?

bear27

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:salute: breh while we sit here and debate with some fukkin retards and ignore(like i do moat of them) you really out here trying to make it.

i wish you all the success you can get breh

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Most of these guys come out of Syracuse right?

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Most of these guys come out of Syracuse right?

Nah, Kenny Albert went to NYU, Don La Greca went to Ramapo College in NJ. Sam Rosen went to one of the City Colleges in New York City, and Matt Loughlin went to Seton Hall. In fact a lot of big name announcers in this area have come out of Fordham in the Bronx due to their strong sports radio station WFUV, which had sports radio show that preceded WFAN here.