SPOILER REVIEW AND RANT : SUPES VS BRUCE

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Hey Joe,.....

Whad'd down coli battle dome faith ful readers...
It is your good ole invadin tablin champ:

ART BARR

Bringing you an in depth spoiler filled place to talk about Bruce vs supes.
This should be kept separate from the other thread because it will be filled with spoilers.
So if you have not seen supes vs Bruce,....
You should leave now,......

Any way comic book fans,....
Let's see does:

SUPERMAN V BATMAN : LONG ASS SECONDARY TITLE

GET PUT THROUGHED'T THE TABLE

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So, coli battle dome fight fans,....

Did you enjoy supes versus bruce flanked by diana.
Or was it the below forty percent splatter rating on rt.

Seeing as I have not ranted on a movie in quite a bit.
I figured I should start where I first started ranting movies and that is a dc comic book movie, of the dark knight alternate timeline type.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
BATMAN V SUPERMAN : DAWN OF JUSTICE

I hope I got this title right because real talk,...the final part of the title is pretty much dc trying to foreshadow in the title.
As dc or wb really tried to ratchet up batman and superman into the characters.
that were asked for and regulated by campiness in previous gen's. Till superman and batman became the two properties.
along with hulk Hogan who can be credited with single handedly creating, the word phoney being in the hood.

Which can be also described as hokey, to campy give or take your pic. As superman and batman are the two of biggest gateway characters in any genre and because of the revenue both have generated and can potentially generate. Dc or wb used them as their gateway wing in their filmhouse slave volume sales style model. That in our Generation was championed by mother's group because of the wholesome PC content found in supes and Bruce style content marketed to mainstream consumers.
So, over the years dc/wb had platooned batman and supes to being pretty much hulk Hogan booking status and any danger they could be in was written with batman and superman going over in any and every incarnation to the point logic could be written right out of the content of the conclusion.
when logic was used to get you to buy into the content.
Thus creating the insult your intelligence component that was created and gave and branded dc and wb the label of phoney.
Like our buddy Bruce in this movie got to aggressively do.
Where dc and Warner try their damnedest to move away from the campy and phoney label given to live action Warner comic book properties. Which originally only fully worked when burton took over batman.
before it was ruined by Schumacher and then re-established as high quality all around in the dark knight film style series.

This particular movie tries its damnest to move the entire dc universe in this film away from the campy, hokey, and phoney label dc has gotten over the years. So, it is good to see dc is aware their brand is damaged in general scope and they try their damnest to completely move the entire dc comic book wing away from.
the campiness of the Adam west and phoney lack of efx of the original Christopher reeves superman.
All by the way of a frank miller style re-write movie.
That is basically a chuckie from fresh what if style mash up wet dream.
That most kids of this generation are all about.
As comic book continuity, content and characters of dc so desperately needed..so, dc characters could be put into the what if style convo's and dc fans could not be egged and rotten tomatoes off the block for even mentioning superman.

So, if you are like this,.....

This movie is for you.

AS DC really tries to bring on a new dawn of justice for Warner and dc comic book superheroes in perception via this movie.
It was time and dc could not move forward without addressing the elephant in the room.

The elephant in the room being:

Public perception of any dc comic book hero was perceived as phoney and far from edgy. Except for the dark knight, so what does dc do. Make everything dc, dark knight via this movie.
Is it successful, well only time will tell..yet, the perception of dc started to change from hokey to all dark knight is well on its way and no one can complain cause finally dc is giving us what we ask for.
Maybe they are making a few miscues along the way by trying to play x's and o's and match the blueprint marvel laid via their film franchise fan perception. Plus, by taking all the comic movie block buster standard x's and o's and closing out any works that made dc campy and then elevating it in perception.
So, the title of this movie is long but really real talk. If ever a title or anything needed to be long drawn out and create a long task list of bulletin points to closeout. Dc goes about trying to appease its entire disgruntled fan base and time will tell if they are successful.
As, dc put itself in feel.
In the same little space of indifference but prospect for the future many felt leaving amazing spider man 3. While, trying to eliminate all the fan apathy of amazing spider man 3, and outdo that model.

Imo, amazing spider man 3 and the what if style comic book fan brought this all on dc tries to close out and appease that style of fan.
Imo, it cuts out anyone being able to create a bad argument against this movie. While also recreating the same argument points people had about Spiderman three while eliminating the hokey moments that also crippled spider man three.

Mash it with dc trying to close out all the sins of the father of the nineties.
when they ruined all of dc by injuring Bruce and killing batman. With dc being fully aware of the impact and box office scores of avengers and marvel.
Which puts us right where we can talk about this movie indepthly.

This review will have a horde of levels of psychology explained.
as dc had to address hordes of elephants in the room they created by making dc so PC and hokey over the years.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
supes vs Bruce : The review

First off before we even move forward.
If you have not seen this movie,...
Then, real talk don't talk about any titan graphs cause this movie is a made in titan graph rant style and is so long and drawn out.
That any review of this movie should be long as fukk..as, there is so much to address and dc had to fix.
From over forty plus years of fukk UPS.
that when I left this movie.
I really had no energy for a review.
Yet, I knew I would do one because I would have to address my elephant in the room and that was.
I disliked the initial casting of Ben Affleck and gal gadot as wonder woman.
As neither look or make me believe I am seeing Bruce Wayne or Diana at all. So, I have to address the elephant in the room. That being comic books in general and disconnect dc has to its audience from being PC. Since dc never really patterned any of its main gateway characters with any style of racial energy of the late sixties. It makes dc comic franchises hard to be grasped in the black community.
As marvel based xmen on Malcolm x and martin Luther king and even spidey had run in with race via Robbie Robertson as a college student.
So, dc created an elephant in the room staying PC and never creating an underlying current of racial prejudice or empathy sympathy. So, from that dc had no street cred or hood curb appeal to its characters.
As, metropolis and gotham were either protrayed as sunny or dark as a palette. While never indepthly fleshing out any real world issues as an actual cog to its main titles or most popular characters. So, marvel's main gateway characters being based in ny always gave marvel real world connection to its entire fan base. Whereas via perception dc never made it feel as though dc revolved around real world issues.
Plus downplayed having a real world undercurrent like marvel using ny as its main gateway character base.
So, in marvel the superheroes felt more authentic because their main locale of their gateway franchises were welled in the real world and also welled in real world ideals via the mutants and the interaction of Charles and mags who emulate Malcolm and martin.
So this is the first place dc has disconnect and more than likely will never get to emulate or change in overall perception.
So, given this new age dc needed to move forward and bring on a new dawn for dc like the long title of this movie.
Which I can say it is a wait and see but possibly a good setup.
for what will possibly be the film adaptation of justice league Jim lee style dc 52 relaunch animated movies.

Meets a wb batman/jla/supes style mash up of the iconic cartoons.
Which this movie does a good job of giving us the movie live action conversion of the animated ninety style series.
That many feel represent the direction dc and wb should move into mixed with dark knight style film noir.

Which I feel they actually set themselves up to do and numerous times in this movie.
I felt I was at home watching a binge of the animated dc cartoons.
As dc does attempt to get over its elaborate reveal the main conflict after being given a diversion by the villain mystery of those animated series used as its main storytelling scope.
So, if you like the wb cartoon series this is for you.
If you are a strict marvel guy, you may have left the theatre feeling some type of way. Yet, I feel as a former marvel only guy.
That I left the theatre with an even idea about this movie.
Yet, I feel dc did try to re-right all the wrongs that could have created the black indifference to dc. So with that I can't really give the film any negatives.
Nor, can I keep up the dc versus marvel talks any longer.
As dc did just attempt to address any and every elephant in the room and I can not hate or fault them for that.

I give them high marks for even acknowledging us as fans and attempting to appease our issues with dc.
So, if you are a marvel guy the whole marvel versus dc thing maybe over with if dc continues with this approach.
As I got the same feeling from this movie of neither here nor there, but just glad I did not waste my time watching a dc product.
So, if you are a disgruntled comic guy, you should be a little optimistic after leaving the film. As dc did try to make an apology piece to the comic book fan base with this movie and finally listen to the masses on what we want to see from the dc universe.

So, I would like to say,....
If you were a marvel guy and a closet dc simplified abstract animation dc cartoon viewer.
You should not have any negativity towards this movie and it gives you a chance.
to finally watch some dc shyt and not feel like you got hosed in viewing some dc comics shyt.
Which for our gen should relieve you and dispel any past disconnect with dc products moving forward.

After this I could see myself possibly investing in dc and finally buying some dc jim lee books and lifting the no dc banner.
Many marvel only readers have.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
THE BATMAN CASTING : THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM

the first issue I had with this entire movie going into it and why I went to the premiere was. I was going to see if dc was going to fukk it all up and make me feel like a little boy with his intelligence insulted like I just watched an Adam west hokey episode of batman. So, to even make the argument,...i took my self to the show in my Thomas Jane punisher and a pair of leather shorts and Jordan elephant print striped and infra red socks.
Dc has to earn me being seen in a DC shirt at this point.
So, I showed my marvel allegiance and even my don't make me MAD about this. By fukking up superhero movies and wore my Thomas Jane punisher logo shirt. Just so possibly, I would stay focused on if they insult my intelligence like marvel have done since 1996. Plus, so I would still not hold dc accountable if they gave a good ole college try. So, I can say dc did give this franchise the good ole college try by casting Affleck to fit into the x's and o's of marvel movie casting psychology.
By recasting, a failed fox marvel movie franchise pick and recent academy award winner in Ben Affleck. To counter the casting of the acclaimed Robert Downey Jr and captain America and Johnny storm. In regard to this comparison, and Affleck. I can say he is no Robert Downey as stark and is just another long line of whatever style batman casts. Nor is he as good as Evans as captain America. So, his batman is just there and the only time I felt a brilliance in him as Bruce or batman. Was when bruce first tries to steal from lex, in the battle of the tech billionaires. Which is hilarious when you think about the sheer audacity of a real life billionaires being into and using their toys and ploys on one another
Which eventually this movie regulates itself to and I found no issue with the dark knighting of lex to be placed in perception with the dark knight joker with billions of dollars.
I will heap into the lex discussion later.
But as far as batman is concerned casting wise.
We need to address the elephant in the room and that is batman is such a fictional character. There does not exist any white guy cool enough to ever play BRUCE fukk'N WAYNE....
As real talk, Bruce maybe in just x's and o's the best alter ego ever put in dc print or comic book hero print and no white boy could ever be the real Bruce Wayne.

The other issue batman has as a franchise is,....
Imo, the guy who could be batman and Bruce Wayne was already used as bane. So, outside of Gerard butler, I really don't see any drawing actor and I don't forsee any other actor ever being able to portray Bruce Wayne ever.
As Bruce Wayne is a real fixture of a white boy imagination.
As real talk, there is no white boy who will ever be great.
who could really play Bruce Wayne. So, batman in live action is in that weird place where Peter pan was and having to be cast weirdly.
To the point a female had to play Peter pan. So, as far as batman being cast in live action. Dc was always going to have its work cut out for themselves trying to find Bruce Wayne.

All because Bruce Wayne does not exist and is the epitome of a white boy's fascination.

So, Affleck being batman once on screen and you know this.
Just makes batman and Bruce like an avatar and at times bruce Wayne and batman is just there for visual. As dc continues to just cast batman as a supporting character to the villain or story execution like the dark knight series batman does.
As batman once again takes a back seat in importance casting and execution/convincability wise.
If you go into this hoping Affleck is the comic book lead of the universe. You would be foolish to and would be disappointed.
So, going in with apathy towards this casting, actually helped me viewing this movie because when it came time to hate.
I had no way to hate cause I already accepted batman was just going to be there.

If you are a batman fanatic,...
I feel for you but hopefully in your Stan riddled and addled mind.
You also realize batman is one of the most blatant fictional characters ever created and also the main reason why dc had to tackle its disconnect to the consumer.

So, the casting of batman is just like all the other castings of batman.
He is just there, and the performance is just neither here nor there.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Take_Note

All Star
Daps
Not terrible but not very good.
Agreed. It's frustrating because it was better than MOS. The acting was good. Snyder did a better job. But the movie is still rough and the world of MOS and BVS just isn't appealing or enjoyable enough (IMO) for all these future DC movies to be attached to

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
GAL GADOT : WONDER WOMAN

the best elephant in the room for me and a lot of the ic was the casting of wonder woman.
In that I can say, initially I did not feel this casting and lately in wb movies.
Since Kim Basinger, and the burton series to the horrible castings of bruce'a love interest in the dark knight. I looked at this casting as I did the brice casting and just accepted this like a frank miller drawing of a black female character with dreads made into typhoid Mary. I just expected it to be there to be noir and act as an abstract idea of what wonders woman is. So, as the movie was going I had that same thing that occurs with super girl and I just realize I liked this casting and they did a good job.
Wonder woman is a plus in this film and they also eliminate the love arc of the frank miller dark knight superman setup.
So, all in all, wonder woman is a welcome addition and her scenes are what if Zack Snyder would have made sucker punch a quality film.

This whole movie at times gives you a bit of sucker punch we never get to see this chick dancing cringe but quickly makes up for its missteps.
So, all in all I give a another thumbs in the middle for this casting.
As gadot is more than just there incomparison to the Affleck casting choice similar dilemma and by the end.
She can possibly win you over similar to the casting of the live action super girl tv show which is excellent btw.

Yet I will say I like super girl, flash and legends more than this movie but legends, flash and super girl are the first two things dc ever got right.
Plus, created the ability I have to give dc patience quality of overall product wise and gadot does another good job of this.

As eventually, she could be touted as much as the flash, legends and super girl castings on tv.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Agreed. It's frustrating because it was better than MOS. The acting was good. Snyder did a better job. But the movie is still rough and the world of MOS and BVS just isn't appealing or enjoyable enough (IMO) for all these future DC movies to be attached to

I feel these movies are a wait to see as they come type deal like the animated wb dc comic book gen's of this era since Jim lee took over or as far back as the nineties abstract animated series of supes, batman, and jla.
To the point you could be surprised and eventually over the course of these movies be given a few movies as good as the last trilogy piece of the dark knight film properties.

So, dc has done good enough work to be rewarded with a patient based consumer.

Dc has listened and for a kid like me who has seen close to forty years of bullshyt from supes and Bruce and all of dc.
I think dc has finally earned me not trashing them.
till LL, the exact moment they really mess this up.
If they really get this right I will give them a high quality mark.

I am glad dc has listened to the consumer base for a change.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM : DOES LEX STACK UP TO LEDGER

another component to this movie was the consumer question of if the casting of lex was going to be made.
to emulate the performance of heath ledger's joker in the dark knight.
With that I feel the lex casting was okay but has to be done in the manner it was.
All because the joker had to be a young up and comer with acclaim but also have a question mark factor to it in casting like ledger.
ENTER : Eisenberg as lex

The execution of lex hinges a bit in trying to make you feel as creeped out as the ledger's joker.
Yet not having the psychotic background, or hint of questionable mystery like the ledger joker.
Nor, does it go into why lex was lex.
In the same manner we really never found out why ledger's joker was the joker.
In that it works because this movie is so long the threat of lex needed to be staggered and they do a great job of getting across the dc mystery of batman detective narrative with the lighter superman ideals.

So, when lex finally has his reveals and you also are along on the mystery.
After going through the billionaire tech war between lex and Bruce. It plays out well enough to eliminate the disconnect you may have had in spider man three when it went to attempted larger box office blockbuster mode with the inclusion of venom.
As lex is the write in that pushes forward the what if dc meets chucky in fresh aesthetic needed to get dc over the hump of its pass transgressional missteps in batman and supes.

In that we get the execution needed in Spiderman three that was lost.
As supes vs Bruce actually makes good on the story style blockbuster model that failed in sony's Spiderman III.
So, in that is also why I give this franchise a positive.
As at least dc actually went into a domain, where they could fail.
Yet, somehow nav themselves out of an epic fail moment that this movie could have fell into.

Imo, if you hated spider man three you probably will hate this movie.
Yet, for people who are casual consumers and only know bits and pieces of the mythos of the death of superman.
You will be treated to a better execution of the death of superman.
Than the comic community got in dc's epic fail quality wise in the death of superman the comic book.
Plus it is done well enough with intelligent what if plausibility of the vertigo design writing style.
That you feel secure enough in the fact. dc could possibly re-right the wrongs of re-incarnating superman in the comic and in the earlier abandoned tim burton, Nicholas cage is the worst cast ever as superman in the death of superman film as well.

So with that dc won a bit of a victory over a fox marvel comic movie property.
So, dc can grab an actual w over marvel Sony picture with that comparison.
Plus, did not fall fully on their face.
By evenly weighting lex overall in the context of dangerous villains in the dc universe on film.
Lex evolved as the movie went along and is an important cog to this like the joker in the my buddy batman aspect.
As lex put himself in threat of villainy up there in treachery with the joker.
While also not being a jabrone like the gene Hackman lex.
Plus, showcasing his treachery to make himself a hof villain to batman and Diana.
That hopefully in the next solo batman and wonder woman films.
We get villains weighted higher than lex and the joker as a central threat, or in jla a higher weighted intelligent villain threat after darkseid.

So, this movie setup lex and then put him in proper context.
as a hof villain as well incomparison to the joker and any other on screen comic book live action film villain.

Art Barr

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This review is going well....I had high hopes for BA as Bruce/Batman but this sounds discouraging

Bear in mind that my concept of Batman only goes back to like...1989 when a young Exo was getting comics from the Flea Market in Green Acres Mall on Saturday and was excited as fukk to see Micheal Keaton become Bat Gawd.

I'm 32 so even as a kid when I used to watch the reruns of Batman on WPIX (the Adam West shyt) I was like WTF is this bullshyt :dahell:

Only to be satiated when Batman: TAS came out because it was like YES that's the Batman I know :ohhh:

And that's the Batman I want, that's the Batman that should be. I seen dude using a gun in the trailers and I'm like....what??? It felt like they were trying too hard to pull in modern issues/personalities and not really knowing who the characters are and thus screwing it all up.

But I'm gonna let Art Barr continue this tho because his review is starting to come together :lupe:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This review is going well....I had high hopes for BA as Bruce/Batman but this sounds discouraging

Bear in mind that my concept of Batman only goes back to like...1989 when a young Exo was getting comics from the Flea Market in Green Acres Mall on Saturday and was excited as fukk to see Micheal Keaton become Bat Gawd.

I'm 32 so even as a kid when I used to watch the reruns of Batman on WPIX (the Adam West shyt) I was like WTF is this bullshyt :dahell:

Only to be satiated when Batman: TAS came out because it was like YES that's the Batman I know :ohhh:

And that's the Batman I want, that's the Batman that should be. I seen dude using a gun in the trailers and I'm like....what??? It felt like they were trying too hard to pull in modern issues/personalities and not really knowing who the characters are and thus screwing it all up.

But I'm gonna let Art Barr continue this tho because his review is starting to come together :lupe:

Sorry for the break,....had to tend to the cha cha and cut the beach, so my wavefront is killin,....
Plus I need a recharge cause this movie is long as hell and trying to give people a good idea.
of if this movie is for them as a fan boy of comics.

Anyway,......
I am glad, you mentioned the point of high importance in this rant to reply to the review so far.
Which is batman's convincability which only occurs because of the moment in question.
when does actually Bruce kill or goes beyond the typical dc batman and into the realm of dark knight and early detective violent batman.
When bruce Wayne is first kick'n off his battle of the billionaires with lex.
He uses a device to hack into lex's mainframe of servers.
It takes seven minutes and it is how supes as Clark and wonder woman as Diana first encounter one another and put two and two together along with the foreshadowed idea lex may know who all three of them are and their secret identities.
When the seven minutes is up with Bruce moonlighting in the engagement at lexcorp. Where we see the first signs of lex publically as a maniac.

Plus his brilliance is navigating a covert examination of our three heroes and their secret identities.
When batman as Bruce goes to retrieve the hacking device, from the lexcorp sever room.
He encounters Diana and she loses him in the fray and get away after stealing the device for herself.
The next night Bruce using his detective skills, or prep time tracks down Diana and she gives him the hacking device with the Intel and asks him about encryption.
So, she can retrieve Intel from lex.

Of course he is Bruce Wayne and returns to the batcave to de-encrypt the Intel from lex corp.
In that instance as the data is de-crypting.
Bruce has some vision. where supes has taken over the world in a post apocalyptic dream sequence.
Where batman in post apocalyptic dark knight suit of coolness.
fails to acquire the kryptonite from supes via a lex corp acquired box and security unit.
In this instance the movie makes you fully dial into as elaborate as this movie can get because the fight sequence.
that erupts over the kryptonite in this post-apocalyptic sequence is batman meets madmax bad-assness. Where finally batman drops the moral code and goes fully dark knight and commences to slaughter murder death killmode everything moving with machine guns.
In some weird when spawn had guns channeling his al Simmons side in the early issues of spawn. So, this really shows how much more of a killer batman is in his mind frame and state and soon Bruce comes out of this killer deathmode apocalyptic sequence that could have been a movie in itself.
Where the viewer and Bruce fully realize how much of a threat supes actually is and feel bruce's stance and other on the anti supes argument.

This instance in the imo, should make any viewer who was not dialed in, fully dial in.
So this was the dial in point to the detail of this movie and one of the beginning holy shyt moments.
that create batman's convincability as far as not to be fukked with in hand to hand combat.
The dream sequence pretty much catapults batman to full badass mode.
while not being of real reality or continuity whatsoever to the actual movie.
While also giving out Easter egg spoiler to a popular dc timeline. that fanboys of dc wanted covered and dc actually LISTENED THIS TIME AND FULLY DELIVERERD IN BIG BOX OFFICE Film HOUSE GLORY.
so, this is the mark out period for dc fanboys to use and also closes out any argument of dc is to campy.
With the counter that batman is one of the most badass visually stunning violence harbingers in film history.
As this should be the moment in the film.
where you know dc has fully shed the campy kid gloves all together.
In this version of post apocalyptic supes and Bruce and as a fan boy.
you can breathe a healthy sigh of long angst riddled fan boy relief.
Plus as a parent you can explain batman killing as just a dream.
So dc, uses vertigo style writing intelligence to craft a great movie mechanism to show how edgy they can be and it works with a number of film house purposes being used.
So, props to Warner for an intelligently violent sequence that can squelch any violence arguments.
All because that sequence of the film is a dream sequence.
Yet, in this movie magic instance dc fully delivers in another sector of must see movie moments.
Which were on the bulletin point list required to appease the dc fan boy ic crowd.
So, anyone complaining about this movie and convincability of character.
even with Ben Affleck is full of shyt when batman under the hood is concerned.
As the only time after this you can complain about the action.
or Affleck as batman is in his voice and the fact he just is not grizzled with the stone chin like Bruce is depicted to have.
as far as under the hood and cowl as Bruce.
As batman and in action you are getting a what if visul of dc mortal combat style batman.
Complete with one of the coolest nineties must have a long trench coat like gambit on screen visuals you can ever possibly get in a film.

This part of the film is where it takes off and finally should cement this film.
is going to at least hit all the bulletin points of dc fan boy faithful.
Any angst the dc fanboy faithful had I believe this moment in the film is when they felt blessed to ride for dc all these years.

That scene and sequence is as bad ass an action gun fighting sequence as you will ever get whether it is Wu or anyone you can name.

Dc fans can rest assured, in this scene to hold up any convincability arguments about the content of this film violence in the dispelling dc is campy argument.

One of the best moments in all of comic book film history.
To the point, it outdoes the captain America history montage in non-relevent relevent violence in a film.
Plus puts itself in hof territory as far as post apocalytpic visuals and violent sequences and gun battles are concerned.

Art Barr

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Art Barr good shyt so far, i'm digging the break down, keep it up brotha...when you finish, i'll shoot the shyt with you about the movie...

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
THE RATING

as far as ratings go,.....
Which I feel people would want a comparative to the marvel franchise and Sony marvel films.
Or other comic book movies of high quality.

In that I say it actually figures out how to get right.
The block buster comic book movie story arcs xmen three and spider man three got wrong.
in bringing major comic book story arcs of the general consumer variety to film, in a what if cinema style mashup
As far as movies go,...
This movie fits in as an action thriller film.
that is vertigo meets frank miller comic to film inspired.
the look of the film is as next level perfect as you could ask for the type of film this is tone wise.
Tone wise or genre wise this film fits in the same realm as the dark knight universe.
So, fan boys can relax and breathe a sigh of relief.
As dc has finally listened to its consumer base fully and delivered a mix of what if the dark knight meets the vertigo watchmen universe.
As this film look like the watchman could be ported into the universe along with the grit of seven nin score style detective films like seven. to appease the mystery thriller edge of the dark knight saga.
Meets the franchise feel of the dc coming pictures in the dc meets jla cinaverse.
I can admit anything you ever liked about Zack Snyder is in this film and I can not complain about anything that occurs in this film.
As it visually is as stunning a phosphorus yellow gritty looking film.
as the burton batman mixed with the first crow's dark look mixed with the yellow phosphorous look of the crow two visually.
It captures that misty what if reality film feel accurately.
Where you escape to another realm like a dream sequence in sucker punch.
done exactly right with the exactly right content and exactly right detail in every way.
To the point, visually this is as fine a film as you can get in this type.

GRADE A LOOK AND CINEMATOGRAPH

Rating : 3 1/4 STARS = @@@ 1/4

I gave this film a rating of three and a quarter stars because it has enough in it.
TO carry it to a two and a half star action film of the b variety that could make it a cult classic.
Yet, it also features sound comic style what if we fix the universe writing.
That dialed into all the fanboy bulletin points.
Plus the bleak dark feeling of doom ending that occurs to the very end of the dark knight series. It does not rate as high as dark knight.
or the sequel with bane and it is not as good as mos.
Yet, it is clearly better than the marvel Sony film missteps from the hulk, Thomas Jane punisher, spidey three and xmen three.
It is better than the second crow, but not as epicslly good as John Carter. It has the same type of high quality film pacing as birdman or dark knight or the sequel with bane and for the number of avenues this film tackles.
It is actually expertly written way better than it will probably be given credit for.
Yet this is as fine a story and detailed as the best batman animated film movie like phantom to the current jla films.
Plus the battle is as kick ass as mos and as dope in conclusion fight scene wise as the final fight of jla versus darkseid. While being more captivating for a longer period of time than any of the epic jla animated series.
Yet, it ties in a number of fanboy wanted bulletin points.
that had to be met to pull dc as a company away from being called just a gateway pc children's selling device.
As far as superman and dc overall as a company as concerned.
By fully dark knighting the dc universe and giving dc comic book characters convincability in the adult realm.
Which is how this movie pushes itself over the three star marker with a quarter more leg room to spare territory at three and a quarter stars as a rating.
As it expertly matches or equals one of the best long dc animated epic come to live action in the entirety of the jla, batman, and supes animated series.
Plus, sets up the sequel and cinema universe for dc.
Movie is chock full of talking points, Easter eggs and foreshadows for future films and does an expert dc storytelling job of doing it as well.
This movie feels like a dc vertigo frank miller comic book and it has the quirky feel of the frank miller batman vs superman comic as well.

Thumbs up and patiently waiting to see what happens next.

RATING :

SUPERMAN V BATMAN : DAWN OF JUSTICE
@@@ 1/4

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
QUESTIONS: ASK GOOD OLE ART BARR ANYTHING ABOUT THE FILM!

I am putting this here to supply rants to anyone about any aspect of the film.
As this movie is an epic and to be able to cover all the other amazing points of emphasis of this movie in succinct Continuity and order will be difficult to do.
So, I would like to answer questions and get supplied rant ideas from you guys.
to further detail points of the movie past my rant and review points here.

I knew when I was in this movie the review for this would be way way longer than dark knight.
The rants on this movie could be as long as the stand.
That is how much interesting stuff is in this film.
Plus, I would also like to discuss the fact :

WARNER BROTHERS FINALLY FINALLY APPEASED EVERYONE AND MADE BATMAN AND SUPERMAN COOL.

Art Barr