Spin: Wale Is THEEE Most Balanced MC Of This Generation

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Wale by far. Neither Cole or Lamar would sound believable on a record like this:

Wale sounds more authentic than drake when it comes to "street" type joints. Wale can spit the "conscious" shyt wit the best of em and his joints for the ladies are actually unfukkwitable

This joint right here:

Is actually one of the best displays of lyricism we've ever heard. Most of you don't know it tho. Very dope how the entire song is an analogy between a woman's body and a car.

My vote goes to Wale and I didn't even mention his spoken word ability:noah:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Yes agree to some extent, but the industry just sees him as corny. And the madder he gets the more corny he seems

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Wale is one of the few who doesn't sound out of place on pretty much any type of joint.....street, club, or conscious.

And I've said for years when it comes to making dope songs for women that don't come across forced or sappy, Wale is at the top of the game. Lotus Flower Bomb, Bad, Diced Pineapple, The Body, etc..just dope records all around.

Jack Don the G

What am I? A farmer?
Daps

@PhonZhi , when you say balanced, how do you define it?

Lets say I find Kendricks story telling ability is far superior compared to Wales. But I find Wale's "song for the ladies" better then Kendrick. How do you compare it?

Lets for example say we have mc A and mc B (nothing to do with Kendrick or Wale).

Mc A have great party, ladies and hard personal tracks, but weak conscious tracks and no story telling or concept track.

Mc B Have mediocre/okay ladies, party or hard tracks, but good (not great) personal, conscious, story telling and concept tracks.

Who are the most balanced? The one with the widest range or the one that dont have the same range but are clearly better within the range of same kind of tracks?

I feel Kendrick range as and MC is wider. Not saying his ability in some of the areas are better then Wale but since we are talking "balance", are we not comparing which MC that got the widest range of song making capability?

Do you feel Kendrick is lacking in some area where Wale excel?

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
when we talk about rappers of this generation are we only talking about the 6 or 7 cats that are on majors, are we talking about everyone within his age group who raps?

I notice in alot of these "rappers of this generation" threads, "this genration" basically equates to 6 or 7 rappers.

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
Yup dude literally is never out of place from the hardest trap songs to even the poppiest pop songs

Which is the reason mmg was a perfect situation for him especially then