Source Awards 1999

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
1st time the source awards aired in primetime.

its been 15 years since this show. great show, even tho the crowd had a stick up they ass.

source awards used to be one of the grand finale events of the summer back in high school."flabbynsick:

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
told this story in the guerrilla warfare thread a few weeks ago.

the morning after the source awards, me & my bul went to the bootleg stand. i copped TRU's da crime family, and he copped hot boys' guerrilla warfare. then we went to rite aid & went half on a pack of blank cassettes and dubbed each other's tapes up.

that crime family joint had the whole double cd packed on one $5 cassette. needless to say, both tapes popped on me. i dont know how his held up.

this was really a coming-out night(pause) for cash money. that performance, and then juvenile winning single of the year for "HA" was a great moment.

• Dap
Reactions: VBM

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i looked up some performances on youtube and i'm :dead: watching this. silk the shocker was so terrible:heh:

lol. he shouldve just passed the mic to big boz and let him perform the verse. looks like silkk couldnt wait to get to the "watch my feet" part.:laugh:

hard to watch tho. c-murder, magic, MAC & mystikal, etc all on that stage together.

lol @ the random backup dancers from the video on the side of the stage. what a waste.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
The opening was the highlight

i think MOP prolly had the best performance but they edited the whole performance up and mixed it with their rehearsal footage.

personal highlight for me was soulja slim being out the joint. that had to be his 1st national tv appearance ever, even tho all he did was walk on stage with no limit and yell on the mic.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think MOP prolly had the best performance but they edited the whole performance up and mixed it with their rehearsal footage.

personal highlight for me was soulja slim being out the joint. that had to be his 1st national tv appearance ever, even tho all he did was walk on stage with no limit and yell on the mic.

I always wondered why they did that?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I always wondered why they did that?

yea made no sense to me. that was one of the few highlights that night.

that was the only bad show the source did. remember the source island bullchit, or whatever its called? where they had people performing outside DURING the show?