So Kendricks album came and went without making an impact

B. Pumpaveli

All Star
Daps
I know this is a touchy subject because a lot was riding on him but it's time to admit he disappointed.
1 month since it dropped and nobody is still playing or talking about it. It didn't make any impact at all and it won't do anything good for his career either. He should forget about taking another 3 years off.

No singles, no standout songs, no replay value and disappointing sales. GKMC was 10 times bigger.

Its not a bad album but the classic talk was way off. Its alright yall can admit it. Lets just be honest.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not a rapper that can hype people up like Waka or Chief Keef
He doesn't have the shock value of a Lil B
He's doesn't have the ability to strike emotion like Lil Boosie
He's too ugly to be a ladies' rapper like Drake
He's too conscious to be a swag rapper like A$AP Rocky
He doesn't have a charismatic tone like a 50 Cent
He's a lyrical rapper who can't paint pictures like a Nas or Eminem (see Renegade)
I think the problem is that Kendrick is a jack of trades and a master of nothing.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
1*

pdFJ7zN.gif

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
He's a lyrical rapper who can't paint pictures like a Nas or Eminem (see Renegade)
I think the problem is that Kendrick is a jack of trades and a master of nothing.

I've always said this about Cole and Kendrick - NOTHING about them stands out. They have no stand out qualities. That's the definition of wackness. And those are the kinda cats that kill hip hop - the ones who are in it for a paycheque and offer nothing great to the genre.

Lil B, ASAP Rocky - they have qualities that stand the fukk out. Some things they're wack at, and some things they're brilliant at. And that alone makes them way better rappers than Cole and Kendrick.

It has nothing to do with Nelson Mandela, Wet Dreamz and the hood.

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
he hould adopt ake persona, and do something that mainstream would like.

right now he's half fake which is where problems come. if you're gonna be fake you got go all theway.

just make a bunch of party songs, plus songs like back seat freestyle and htat other one where the maad ctiy

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
He's a better artist than all those people except arguably Nas. He raps better, tells better stories, makes better music and knows how to put together a great album. He's already delivered 3 albums that range from very goodt to classic. That alone puts him in the top 100 rappers of all time because let's face it, most rappers tend to fall off after 1-2 albums.

And Kendrick's really just getting started. He's got at least another 2 great albums in him.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
He's a better artist than all those people except arguably Nas. He raps better, tells better stories, makes better music and knows how to put together a great album. He's already delivered 3 albums that range from very goodt to classic. That alone puts him in the top 100 rappers of all time because let's face it, most rappers tend to fall off after 1-2 albums.

And Kendrick's really just getting started. He's got at least another 2 great albums in him.

best response I have heard.

These dudes act like the "sophomore slump" doesnt exist.

I applaud the effort but he has to pull a Big Sean for his third album.