So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him..

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Genesis 1:27

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

So what exactly does that mean? Is this to be construed as God being a bipedal humanoid creature that made us?

Here's my take on it, God creating us in his image would be more logical if we were created from the same stuff he was made of. The six most common elements humans are made of is carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus and calcium. What does that mean? Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe and that's what stars are made of. EVERY heavier element (oxygen, carbon, etc) is only made from the guts exploding stars. Every one. So does that mean we are the remnants of exploding stars, made in their image? Their composition? Is our God in heavens the sun?

What say you religious coli? To me it makes more sense why early 'religions' worshipped the sun. :ehh:

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Personally i'm still trying to figure out how Moses used a magic staff to part the Red Sea.

:whoa:

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
@Hawaiian Punch

Go up one verse:

Genesis 1
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

The word God is elohiym in Hebrew which is plural. This is the Most High, His Son and the angels saying this together in agreement with his will that is why the word God is a plural.

The Lord God is the Most High God that talked to Adam in the garden. He directly made the prime Adam from the ground. So many of the elements that were in the ground and in the air were instrumental in our creation after all those same elements also those same elements came from the the Most High.

Genesis 2
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

It is no coincidence that man was called Adam since the Hebrew word for ground is adamah. More than one Adam was created in the garden but there was a main Adam which was the one that was set in the midst of the Garden.

Genesis 5
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Their name...so all the men were called Adam in the first generation because they all came from the ground (adamah) and those Adams all had their wives created from their own flesh, only in that first generation. The next generation took wives from the daughters born from other Adams.

The line from Adam to Noah in Genesis follows is from the prime anointed Adam that was in the garden of Eden. Those descendants from the anointed Adam to Noah were known as the sons of God and the descendants of all the other Adams were the sons of men.

Genesis 6
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

The sons of God are not the heavenly angels, but the descendants of the prime anointed Adam. The daughters of men were the women from the other Adams. Its just like an Israelite seeing fine Japanese women and taking her as a wife instead of his own Israelite women.

After the flood all men were destroyed except for 4 men, Noah and his 3 sons and their wives. Noah's son Shem continued the anointed line which went to Arphaxad, Salah, Eber, Pelag, Reu, Serag, Nahor, Terah and then Abram (Genesis 10 &11). Then Abram became Abraham through the covenant with the Most High God and that covenant continued to Issac to Jacob and his 12 sons who became Yasharala (Israelites) - which means princes of the power of God in Hebrew.

Genesis 32
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel (Yasharala): for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

That is why Israel is known as the chosen line of God.

Deuteronomy 32
8 When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
9 For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Last edited:

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
My take on this...

God's "image" isn't a physical thing. I interpret this as God created man to think, create and have dominion over the earth.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Religion confuses the shyt out of me but I like Paul Tillichs theory,

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
you can't really read the Bible and pretend like that isn't some shyt that just too extensive to fabricate it all.

Why/what is the point ..........of something like that to be made up? Religion was jut fine before all that . Religions had control and power before that.

and anyway... the human mind is complex.. the human structure is genius and beautiful............so it's not farfetched that someone/thing designed it. we come from the ground like it says.

There are only a few people on the planet that will understand the Bible and its mysteries. It is a sealed book, meaning that only the Most High God can open up to whoever he chooses. If someone don't understand it, it is because he is not chosen.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
There are only a few people on the planet that will understand the Bible and its mysteries. It is a sealed book, meaning that only the Most High God can open up to whoever he chooses. If someone don't understand it, it is because he is not chosen.
lol,

this is why i changed my post.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
My take on this...

God's "image" isn't a physical thing. I interpret this as God created man to think, create and have dominion over the earth.

This is pretty much my take on it and the theory I prescribe to most, hence why I'm such a fan of Paul Tillich..

When people talk of God, they talk of him as if he/she ..whatever is a being itself..but i personally don't believe that. I believe God is seperate from "a being". God IS being, itself..

I like Paul Tillichs "God Above God" theory

"Existence” is a most unrefined alternative to the word “being,” because it omits the potentialities of existence which we usually call the essences of things. And they have being, too; they are the power of being, which may become beings. For instance, even if suddenly a scourge should cause all trees to disappear, the tree, or the power of becoming a tree, would still be there; and given the right conditions, living trees might come into existence again. Here you have a clear differentiation between essence and existence, which are two types of being. And then there is of course that being which is beyond essence and existence, which, in the tradition of the classical theology of all centuries, we call God – or, if you prefer, “being itself” or “ground of being.” And this “being” does not merely exist and is not merely essential but transcends that differentiation, which otherwise belongs to everything finite"

He argued that for believers to argue the existence of God is to deny God itself

"It is as atheistic to affirm the existence of God as it is to deny it. God is being-itself, not a being"