Since when was Relapse considered a good album?

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
:why:

Every other Eminem thread there's always a select few people trying to rewrite history and calling Relapse a solid or good album... Like when motherfukkas? :what:

I remember when this shyt dropped and everyone was annoyed with the stupid accent and the album in general. There's hardly any good songs on that shyt. Let's go through the tracklist and I'll bold everything that's trash....

Dr. West (skit),
3 A.M.,
My Mom,
Insane,
Bagpipes from Baghdad [Explicit],
Hello,
Tonya (skit),
Same Song & Dance,
We Made You,
Medicine Ball,
Paul (skit),
Stay Wide Awake,
Old Time's Sake,
Must Be the Ganja,
Mr. Mathers (skit),
Deja Vu [Explicit],
Beautiful,
Crack a Bottle,
Steve Berman (skit),
Underground

Y'all not about to sit here and act like this some type of gem and that it took you years later to realize it :ufdup:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do notice this, but He woulda got more love for it if it looked like this.

Careful What You Wish For
Dr West Skit
My Darling
My Music Box
Tonya Skit
Same Song & Dance
Stay Wide Awake
Medicine Ball
Paul Skit
We Made You
Old Times Sake
Mr Mathers Skit
Deja Vu
Beautiful
Crack A Bottle
Steve Berman Skit
Underground

No songs about Bagpipes, Stepdad rape or tired songs about his mom, Less accents and the first 7 tracks flow really well with the whole serial killer theme.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I actually listened to it for the first time last month because everyone here was saying it was his last good album. And honestly, it was. I mean, he did have the weird accents and the disturbing content, but here, he was in the zone creatively. He just came out of rehab, he wanted to let people know he was back with a vengeance, and he even had Dre working closely with him like in the old days. It sounded like he was back to his old self and he was having fun, and he was trying out different flows to give each song its own unique feel. Plus, Dre gave him some great beats throughout the album.

The only reason he moved away from not caring what anyone thought about his work was because it didn't go 5x platinum in one year and people didn't respond to it well. It even made him become :mjpls: towards the album. Now we have what we have because of the potential of making another Relapse and flopping. Even though as @SunZoo said, it was a real live rap album. :mjcry: In fact, this was way more deserving of being called The Marshall Mathers LP 2 than the actual one.

Last edited:

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
it's easily his 4th best album

in any order based on preference:

MMLP
SSLP
Eminem Show

..then it's Relapse

I think that's fair. and it aint like nikkas are ever calling it a classic. it is what it is... was the last of his decent shyt before his flow went full robotic and before he went poppy.