Should Michael Jackson have followed the path laid by "Lady In My Life"?

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Just listen to these songs, pure greatness:

For me "Lady In My Life" is the funkiest, most musical (& underrated), slow burner created by MJ/Rod Temperton. His vocals on this track where pure magic, & he also showed a feeling for great ad-libbing towards the end of that track! After "LIML" he could have chosen to be the most successful R&B/Jazz vocalist in the world, similar to Anita Baker. I checked out that Anita Baker thread...greatness!!!

I'm so frustrated not knowing how great he could have been producing a couple of more, strictly R&B albums with slammin' musicians.

Have you ever wondered how it would have sounded if MJ made his "Rapture" (Anita Baker) album, or something similar in the jazz/R&B vein?

He might not have been the greatest pop star if he did, but I think he would have left a greater legacy behind him.

GSR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
daygo

This song would of been a summer smash in the 80's if they would of dropped it :whew:

I'mma try and find the link or reupload it tonight for y'all

this my shyt right hurr
:blessed:

this shoulda been track #9 & lady in my life shoulda been #10 on thriller.

probably quincy jones's overrated ass who decided it wasnt good enough.
:stopitslime:

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just listen to these songs, pure greatness:

For me "Lady In My Life" is the funkiest, most musical (& underrated), slow burner created by MJ/Rod Temperton. His vocals on this track where pure magic, & he also showed a feeling for great ad-libbing towards the end of that track! After "LIML" he could have chosen to be the most successful R&B/Jazz vocalist in the world, similar to Anita Baker. I checked out that Anita Baker thread...greatness!!!

I'm so frustrated not knowing how great he could have been producing a couple of more, strictly R&B albums with slammin' musicians.

Have you ever wondered how it would have sounded if MJ made his "Rapture" (Anita Baker) album, or something similar in the jazz/R&B vein?

He might not have been the greatest pop star if he did, but I think he would have left a greater legacy behind him.

Most definitely.

It would have kept him out of legal trouble if he meant the lyrics of this song instead of playing with little boys.