Should I Join The Airforce?

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Do you all think I should join the airforce? What would be the pros and cons of me doing it?

My situation currently:

I'm 30 years old and live with my mother. She financially takes care of me. I am unemployed/broke and only have 30 dollars in my savings account. I spend all money I ever get from my mom on junk food because I am addicted to junk food. I am obese at 275 pounds. I am not in shape and have no stamina. I'm weak and can't lift that much weight.

I have a two year degree/Associate's of Applied Science in Business Management I got this past December. I also have 60,000 in student loan debt. I have 60,000 in student loan debt because I went to a 4 year university earlier and was lazy/didn't apply myself. I was put on academic suspension from the 4 year university and went to the two year university to get my Associate's of Applied Science in Business Management.

I am unemployed and have been applying/looking for jobs since I graduated this December.

Also I am timid, have bad social anxiety, low confidence.

After reading through all of this should I join the airforce? I want to be financially successful and wealthy one day. Is the airforce something that will help me be financially successful?

TL15

Veteran
Daps
You need to lose weight and get in ASAP before you end up who knows where :sadcam:

30 is already :flabbynsick: for the military so you don't have time on your side.

When you get in you will take an aptitude test and you will get a job/career. You can also have them retroactively pay your school debt and use TA to get a degree while you're in

Good luck breh

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
How tall are you?
What kind of jobs interest you?
If you lack drive or motivation outside of the Air Force it won't give it to you.

FSP

Banned
Daps
A respectable goal. I wouldnt do it at 30 though. Your mind is way to independent at this stage in your life. Think about it. If you join now, Youll be taking orders from some 22 year old little shyt, eating and bunkimg wkth 18-19 year olds. If you can stomach that, plus being your age then go for it. But if youre looking for money and independence, i thimk youll do better elsewhere.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
How tall are you?
What kind of jobs interest you?
If you lack drive or motivation outside of the Air Force it won't give it to you.

I am 5'10''

Jobs that interest me would be jobs dealing with banking, finance, real estate. I also like doing college algebra problems so I might like coding but haven't tried it before. I also like public speaking as well.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
A respectable goal. I wouldnt do it at 30 though. Your mind is way to independent at this stage in your life. Think about it. If you join now, Youll be taking orders from some 22 year old little shyt, eating and bunkimg wkth 18-19 year olds. If you can stomach that, plus being your age then go for it. But if youre looking for money and independence, i thimk youll do better elsewhere.

I see what you mean man. what else shouldl I do considering my situation?

Daps
Reppin
Hiram Clarke
You're too old for the Air Force breh. I'd look into the Navy first and lastly the Army. That all depends on if you can get in shape though.

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
I am 5'10''

Jobs that interest me would be jobs dealing with banking, finance, real estate. I also like doing college algebra problems so I might like coding but haven't tried it before. I also like public speaking as well.

5'10 275, you need to lose at least 90 lbs.

Your age won't stop you.

Financial management and comptroller (6F) sounds right up your alley.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
don't waste your time you are not going to make it :mjlol:

30 yrs old, obese with psychological problems and trying to join the air force :what:

you may sneak in with the marines but then again their boot camp will break you, you will be playing with your shyt by the second week :manny:

what should I do with myself then?