Short Term 12...easily one of the year's best films

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
:wow:

This is EASILY one of the best films of the year. Personally, it and Gravity are 1A and 1B. Can't pick...but holy shyt are they different films :heh:

Anyway....as anyone else been able to see this? It's still in pretty limited release and it probably won't ever get very wide...but it should.

Every performance is so good, especially the kids, to the point where you feel like you're watching real kids in this situation.

Also, one scene features what is probably the realest rap verse spit this year :leon:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched it. Sick film. Top 5 of the year.

Read a few articles on it right after and there were rumors Brie Larson (Grace) should've got nominated for Best Actress. Shorty was cute. I havent seen any of the nominated films in that category, but does Sandra Bullock deserve it or is it just the special effects?

The kids were all great particularly the black guy and the white girl. I enjoy good films like this.

It was sick how the boyfriend started the story in the beginning and end, it was nice.

Made me :salute:the black kid as if I was his counsellor

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Downloaded the 1080p rip a few days ago but haven't watched it yet

I'll probably watch it today or tomorrow

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall should check out "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete". Had that movie gained some attention last year, it would've def been up for some Oscars.

I can easily say the child actors were better than Short Term 12, which is saying something.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Also, I think this is a good example of how important a song is to end with the credits. I watched the whole credits roll because of it. Leaves you with a sense of hope after all that you have seen in the movie.

Well done, I might watch it again later tonight to see if there is anything I might have missed.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Saw this in theater last August, I loved it, and was easily one of my favorites of the year. I got little emotional, I remember.