MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Not looking good, brehs. :mjcry:

Muhammad Ali on life support as family is warned 'the end is near'
Muhammad Ali on life support as family is warned 'the end is near'
The children of the sporting icon have rushed to be at his bedside as doctors treating the former heavyweight champ have told them they fear he “is near the end”

The children of the sporting icon have rushed to be at his bedside as doctors treating the former heavyweight champ have told them they fear he “is near the end”

The children of the sporting icon have rushed to be at his bedside as doctors treating the former heavyweight champ have told them they fear he “is near the end”.

Already four of the 74-year-old’s nine children, including daughters Laila, Hana and Maryum, are at the hospital in the Phoenix area where medics continue to fight a breathing problem picked up by the star.

The children flew in last night from around the US as doctors said the future survival of the champ was “uncertain”.

Although there were discussions about transporting him to another area of the hospital, sources claimed doctors decided the move “potentially could be deadly,” and the transfer was called off.

Getty
Muhammad-Ali.jpg

Ali has been unwell for some time

Getty
Muhammad-Alis-daughters.jpg

(L-R) Maryum Ali, Rasheda Ali-Walsh, Khaliah Ali, Jamillah Ali-Joyce and Hana Ali

Sources close to the star say Ali’s battle with his respiratory problem has been complicated by the Parkinson's that he was diagnosed with in the 1980s.

Read more: Boxing legend Muhammad Ali taken to hospital to be treated for a respiratory problem

Have your say in the comments below

“Like in the ring, Ali is a fighter on the ward,” said a source. “Doctors are working to regulate his breathing put it is being hampered by his Parkinson’s.

“His children are all extremely concerned and dropped everything to be with him. They fear the worst.

Getty
Muhammad-Ali-Yolanda-and-Asaad.jpg

Muhammad Ali with current wife Yolanda and their son Asaad

WireImage
Laila-Ali-and-Muhammad-Ali.jpg

Ali watched daughter Laila's career with pride

“Ali is everything to them and there are worried his problems are worse than first feared.”

Read more: Support floods in after Ali admitted to hospital

The boxer has children - two sons and seven daughters - from three marriages although two of his kids are from extra marital relationships.

Confirming his daughters had flown to be with him the fighter’s third wife Veronica Porche, 60, said Laila – a 38-year-old retired professional boxer — and Hana Yasmeen, 40, were with him.

Getty
Muhammad-Ali-Career-In-Pictures.jpg

Ali is the world's foremost sporting icon

Yesterday a spokesman for the ex heavyweight champion confirmed to the Mirror Ali was under medical care and described his condition as “fair”.

Read more: George Foreman reveals he FaceTimes Ali

"Ali, who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, is being treated by his team of doctors and is in fair condition," said Bob Gunnell in a written statement.

"A brief hospital stay is expected. At this time, the Muhammad Ali family respectfully requests privacy."

Since he was admitted sources say Ali, arguably the most recognised person in the world, has deteriorated.

View image on Twitter
CTsIGjWWoAAcTdx.jpg

Follow
Matt Lauer

✔@MLauer

Kindest person I know? @MuhammadAli. Always has been, always will be. #ShareKindness

11:49 AM - 13 Nov 2015

News of his dash to hospital sparked on outpouring of concern on social media with many fans fearing the worst.

Many celebrities added their best wishes including Sugar Ray Leonard, who modelled his career after Ali.

Ali’s life long friend Tim Shanahan confirmed the grave news to the Mirror.

The former medical-instruments salesman has enjoyed a 40-year friendship with the former boxer travelling the world together and being close to the boxer’s daughters.

He said: “Service to others is the rent that we pay on earth for our room in heaven, was an encryption he liked.

“He believes that God keeps tabs on each individual and that on one side are the good deeds one has done in life and on the other, the bad deeds.”

“He used to tell me ‘I want to make sure that when I die, I have more good deeds than bad deeds’.

“Now Muhammad Ali, your room in heaven is right next to God's master bedroom in his mansion in heaven. Thank you for giving the world the Greatest Love of All.”

The boxer has been in hospital several times in recent years, most recently in early 2015 when he was treated for a severe urinary tract infection initially diagnosed as pneumonia.

View image on Twitter
CSGl8N2VEAEdJf5.jpg

Follow
Muhammad Ali

✔@MuhammadAli

Got up early to cheer on @GoCards from out west. Great start, let's get the win! #UniteLouisville #AliTweet

7:38 PM - 24 Oct 2015

The Olympic gold medalist had suffered a “mild case” of pneumonia in December 2014 but was discharged after a few days in hospital.

When he was released his daughter Rasheda Ali-Walsh said: “My daddy is a strong man. He's so resilient and we're all very grateful and blessed.”

Weeks later he was readmitted with a urinary tract infection.

Getty
Muhammad-Ali-Celebrity-Fight-Night-Award-honoree-Carrie-Underwood.jpg

Ali with Carrie Underwood at a celebrity fight night earlier this year

Getty
Muhammad-Ali.jpg

Muhammad Ali was last seen on April 8, 2016 in Phoenix, Arizona

In April, Ali was pictured looking frail with singer Carrie Underwood, 33, at one of his celebrity fight night dinners in Phoenix, Arizona.

His last official public appearance before that was in October when he appeared at the Sports Illustrated Tribute to Muhammad Ali at The Muhammad Ali Centre in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky.

Getty
Muhammad-Ali-Sports-Illustrated-Tribute.jpg

Ali appeared frail at the Sports Illustrated Tribute to his life in October last year

Mr. T reveals why Ali really was the greatest

Two years ago his brother Rahman Ali said the Olympic gold medalist’s health had deteriorated so much he was unable to speak.

It led the boxer to miss the premiere in Hollywood of the new I Am Ali movie due to his frailty.

Several days later however Ali took to Twitter in attempt to reassure fans he was alright posting a picture of himself smiling alongside two women at the Boar's Head in Charlottesville, Virginia.

VIEW GALLERY
Muhammed-Ali.jpg

But his illness has not stopped him taking Donald Trump to task over the presidential hopeful’s bid to ban Muslims from America.

He said recently: "Speaking as someone who has never been accused of political correctness, I believe that our political leaders should use their position to bring understanding about the religion of Islam and clarify that these misguided murderers have perverted people's views on what Islam really is."

Ali joined the Nation of Islam in 1964 before changing his name from Cassius Clay.​

EDIT: Confirmed dead. RIP to the Greatest of all Greats.

Muhammad Ali, 'The Greatest of All Time', Dead at 74

Bz441Y-IgAARliQ.jpg

Last edited:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Cassius Clay! Muhammad Ali! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I watched so many of his fights! Every bout he had with George Foreman in Zimbabwe, every bout with Joe Frazier, and many more!

The GREATEST!

"I am a mountain.. I am a tall tree ooh I am a swift wind sweeping the country.. I am a river.. down in the valley ooh I am a vision, and I can see clearly... if anybody ask you who I am, just stand up tall, look'em in the face and say.. I am that star up in the sky, I am that mountain peak up high.. here I made it! I'm the World's Greatest! I'm that little bit of hope when my back's up against the ropes.. I can feel it.. I'm the World's Greatest!"

REST IN PEACE MY FELLOW BOXING BROTHER! May my fists be thrown in your name!

Last edited: