Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
Someone on GTAForums has bullet pointed all the info so far

Info taken from Telegraph preview

-----

Arthur drops to his haunches to contemplate during player inactivity

During the demo heist, Karen asks Arthur how to "behave" as a distraction

A glimpse into Rockstar's perfection "“But the fact is, we don’t want to be better than anyone else. We want to be better than ourselves.”"

Arthur can interact with every character he comes across

There is no break between story and gameplay so players feel they are living as Arthur

Players might find Arthur disagreeable at first but will get to understand him and his motives

Arthur is a rough man but his actions speak louder and he has a moral "code" - suffering is unncessary if it can be avoided

RDR2 has the honour system and affects the environment as before

The world can be as hostile or as friendly as the player choses to play

Every area of the map has a unique identity and seamlessly blends into one another

Foliage has been hand-crafted and hand-placed

Horses kick up dust, snow and mud depending on terrain

Environmental sounds are vastly improved

Flies can be heard buzzing around

Arthur can find travellers on the road - lawmen, rival gangs, compatriots

Some parts of the HUD were seen and it is completely customisable - all details can be removed

Circular HUD map returns

Information taken from IGN's preview articles

New screenshots from IGN can be seen here

---------

Arthur is the gang's "chief enforcer" and Dutch's right hand man

This is "Arthur's story" - single protagonist confirmed?

Arthur is made of muscle and provides the camp with food and supplies - he can "pick up a 5 point buck"

Arthur can act as a mediator between brawling gang members

Bill Williamson is whiny and wants to prove himself

Arthur puts the gang first - they're family and the closest to family he's ever known

Arthur was brought under Dutch's wing from a "young age" - age and circumstances not known - making him one of the few Dutch trusts

RDR2 chronicles the "fall and fracture" of the gang

Arthur is having an existential crisis

RDR2 focuses heavily on player choice for the story and missions - " “We try to give you options within a lot of these missions to choose how you approach it, whether you'll send your buddies in first or whether you'll go in first,” says Rob Nelson, Co-Studio Head at Rockstar North, speaking to how players choices can affect interactions and missions."

It is player choice how Arthur interacts with the gang - he can hunt and explore alone, or he can keep the camp fed and supplied

Interacting with the gang can earn job and mission invites

Unknown yet if these choices affect narrative, but they will affect gameplay, but cutscenes can change depending how much Arthur helps the gang

Between Redemption and Redemption II: “It’s a companion piece,” Rob Nelson, co-studio head of Rockstar North, tells me. “They exist together. They’re connected. There’s a lot of connective tissue between the two stories and lots of characters that you’ve seen before that you’ll see again.”

IGN saw a 45 minute demo - Bill needs Arthur's help on a small bank job in the town of Valentine

RDR2 is technically a standalone and you don't need to have played Redemption to get the story

Every NPC has a purpose in the world with work schedules

Arthur's actions are connected to the world as Rockstar want players to live as him, not just play as him

Home is the gang's camp, a living breathing community

New gang members seen in the demo - Sean McGuire, Pearson (camp cook), Lenny, Karen

Every gang member has a job within the community, such as cleaning clothes, collecting wood, which players will see happen naturally

Gang spirits are higher if Arthur keeps the community well-fed through hunting or buying supplies

If gang food is low, members get angry and start muttering about Arthur

Camera doesn't cut away during interactions

Rockstar is "blurring the lines" between main missions and side quests

Missions and side questions are contextual i.e. depend on time of day and who you are with

How NPCs react to Arthur depends on his choices in the world - each interaction offers a choice

An example of choice seen when meeting an NPC was "Greet" or "Antagonise" and these dynamically change

HUD was mostly switched off for the demo

NPCs also react to how Arthur conducts himself within the world i.e. travelling with gun drawn or holstered makes a difference

Farmers won't like Arthur travelling too close to their lands

IGN witnessed Arthur looting from a nearby fisherman - fisherman's dog raised warning

Arthur can choose how to deal with situations if caught stealing or commiting a crime - peacefully or forcefully

Bounty for murder is higher than robbery

Demo was set in an area called New Hanover

Wildlife is rich - birds, deer, fireflies, bears, rabbits seen in the demo

Horses are vastly improved - your horse is your companion rather than transport

Arthur can bond with his mount - calming it when agitated, feeding it, grooming it

Strong bonds with your horse can result in calmer personality

Untrained horses are unpredictable

Horses stay put when dismounting

You can whistle for horse but only if you're nearby

Horses carry supplies and larger weapons

Different horse breeds have different personalities reacting to the environment and situations

When hunting, Arthur can tie trophies to his horse or skin them first

Skinning animations and sounds return

Weapon seen in demo - bow and arrow for hunting

Arthur can crouch when hunting

Animal distress sounds are "brutal, bloody and exceptionally unpleasant" when hunting

Dead animals left on the ground from the hunt decay over time so should be returned to camp

When selling meat to butchers, you'll get more money for better quality i.e. less decay or less gun shot debris

Other characters can ask Arthur what direction to complete the mission in

Dead Eye returns and is mostly similar to Redemption in the demo

The map is a large world sprawling from snowy wastelands in the north to swamps in the south with a city in-between

No details of multiplayer were shared

This only contains stuff IGN didn’t mention

- Arthur’s actions will have impact in story / environment.

- “An epic story about honor and loyalty”

- They didn’t talk about Red Dead being a videogame, “the landscapes have become places to visit”

- The environment is a completely organic ecosystem never seen before in a videogame.

- It’s the biggest and most dense map in all Rockstar’s games

- Arthur is the only playable character

- The footprints our horse makes can become puddles if it rains.

- The animal corpses will rot and the smell will attract predators.

- We will see how the railroad grows and connects more towns

- Arthur can be customized. Sometimes his clothes may change because the mission requires to.

- They saw Arthur with an elegant moustache (so it’s pretty much confirmed that you can customize your facial hair)

- Same mission as the IGN team (bank robbery at Valentine)

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
R* doesn't NEED it to sell what GTA 5 did.

GTA 5 is still making money to this day. They always made bank on GTA which is why some of their side games are amazing because they know they already have a cash cow. Its like Activision/Blizzard with Warcraft. Overwatch coulda flopped and they woulda still been one of the most wealthy game companies on earth. R* has the money to take the risk.

Also, Red Dead Redemption sold 15 MILLION....by ANY stretch of the imagination that is a MASSIVELY successful game. Especially for one with such a polarizing setting.

In fact, if Red Dead 2 sold 1/3 of what GTA V did it would be around 30 million copies...which is what Pokemon Red & Blue sold. It would be the 8th or 9th best selling game of all time...

Your perception of what makes a game successful is all kinds of fukked up...just pulling numbers out of your ass and making anecdotes about your nephew who prolly wasn't even alive when the first game came out...

Your post is riddled with idiocy.
I swear y’all niqqas lack reading comprehension. Nowhere did I say anything negative about the successs of this game. You dumb fukks. You fukkin idiots think this game can just be launched with just cgi trailers being the only promo. R* knows that’s not the case just like I do that’s why previews hitting today . The fukking game is is 8 years fukkin old.

shyt needs promo.tons of gamers are not familiar with this game. And if red dead 2 sells 15 million in 6 years like the last that would be a failure to R* I bet. This game is expected way bigger than that. shyt. For the last time all I said was the game needed to be shown to maximize it sells. And @District Line posted previews are coming today. So I what I expected happen. Way sooner than I thought.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I swear y’all niqqas lack reading comprehension. Nowhere did I say anything negative about the successs of this game. You dumb fukks. You fukkin idiots think this game can just be launched with just cgi trailers being the only promo. R* knows that’s not the case just like I do that’s why previews hitting today . The fukking game is is 8 years fukkin old.

shyt needs promo.tons of gamers are not familiar with this game. And if red dead 2 sells 15 million in 6 years like the last that would be a failure to R* I bet. This game is expected way bigger than that. shyt. For the last time all I said was the game needed to be shown to maximize it sells. And @District Line posted previews are coming today. So I what I expected happen. Way sooner than I thought.
There’s still a ton of time left breh no need to panic once the R* media push begins it’ll be everywhere.R* does the same rollout for every game.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Rockstar is "blurring the lines" between main missions and side quests

:jbhmm:

Just don't do what Saint's Row 3 did and sub in side quests for main missions like people won't notice

Untrained horses are unpredictable

:leon:.....:patrice:

nikkas about to fail missions because an untrained horse will buck em off during a getaway :heh:

As long as thye don't fukk this up with online, I'm all in :mjgrin:

Dame Dash's Motor Oil

Not From Harlem
Daps
I completely forgot all about this yesterday :dead:
Me too :snoop:

Now that I'm older I'm not a gamer like that no more...teenage me would probably laugh at this flabby ass nikka:flabbynsick: forgetting to check out the new RDR trailer :mjlol:

Make no mistake this is still and always was Day 1 buy for me :ufdup:Probably the first game ever that I'll buy in some super deluxe version or whatever, the original game is still the GOAT for me so it's only right :yeshrug:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

1. Its not CGI its the game engine...totally different thing.

2. 15 million is not failure for ANY game period...POINT BLANK PERIOD

3. R* has ALWAYS dropped trailers with no game play. Are you 14?

This was the first trailer for San Andreas....literally says NOTHING about the gameplay mechanics. Guess what it sold 21 million copies.

We read exactly what you said...Its just what you said was fukking stupid.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1. Its not CGI its the game engine...totally different thing.

2. 15 million is not failure for ANY game period...POINT BLANK PERIOD

3. R* has ALWAYS dropped trailers with no game play. Are you 14?

This was the first trailer for San Andreas....literally says NOTHING about the gameplay mechanics. Guess what it sold 21 million copies.

We read exactly what you said...Its just what you said was fukking stupid.

I swear y’all retarded. I clearly said this game is not GTA and never said anything about this game being a failure. For last time R* prove my point. They know they needed to show this game off and they fukking did

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I swear y’all retarded. I clearly said this game is not GTA and never said anything about this game being a failure. For last time R* prove my point. They know they needed to show this game off and they fukking did

So if its not GTA, why are you holding it to GTA standards? :sas2:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So if its not GTA, why are you holding it to GTA standards? :sas2:
Them dudes are by saying “R* don’t need to show shyt”. “They don’t show gameplay”. I said they do and obviously R* agrees because tons of previews came out today. All I’m saying is GTA can get away with that. Not Red Dead