Rare/Obscure and Unreleased fighting games

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Battle Tryst: Released in a few arcades in Japan back in 1998, it was supposed to be released on the canceled 3DO M2 system

flyer_front.jpg

Fighting Bujutsu:
Released in 1997 by Konami in arcades in Japan
18112902.jpg

(This video is probably the best quality displaying the game, most YouTuber's are running it on MAME)

FX Fighter: Released on PC in 1995 by Argonaugt Games there was suppoed to be a SNES version but it got cancelled

250px-FX_Fighter_cover.png

Tenth Degree: Was a fighting game that was intended to be released in arcades 1996, however it got canceled. Atari claims that it got cancelled because of the poor fighting game market(yeah.. right in 96 that is a lie)

Cancelled
10.jpg

Jingi Storm: The game got released in 2006 on the Sega Naomi arcade systems in Japan by Atrativa Japan.
jingystm.png

@Kairi Irving @suflay @Wiles

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
poor fighting game market in 1996 :dahell:

that shyt is a god damn lie. :skip:

But anyway.. keeping with the threads theme

Daraku Tenshi: The Fallen Angels

always thought it looked cool.

Art reminds me of Range Murata's abit. Also you can see some of the designs were modified and used in King of Fighters.

just read up more on this. 98 so the fighting game market was still around. they say the company folded

Last edited:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
poor fighting game market in 1996 :dahell:

that shyt is a god damn lie. :skip:

But anyway.. keeping with the threads theme

Daraku Tenshi: The Fallen Angels

always thought it looked cool.

Art reminds me of Range Murata's abit. Also you can see some of the designs were modified and used in King of Fighters.

just read up more on this. 98 so the fighting game market was still around. they say the company folded

LOL Atari chatting shyt, I think they ust had no faith in their game.
Daraku Tenshi is another rare one indeed, believe it or not the game was incomplete when it got released, the company that developed it had a tight schedule they left out quite a lot of characters, the characters had no story or even a proper ending and lastly, you can see that there were incomplete animations, unbalanced rosters, missing shadows and other sprite data was patchy.

Yep KOF pretty much modified a few of the characters.
fallenlegacy01.jpg

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Touryuu Densetsu Elan Doree: Released in 1998 on the Sega Saturn and Arcade by Sega and Kamata and Partners. The fighting based on fighting with dragons.
43345_front.jpg

D-xhird: Released in 1997 by Takara the same company that released the Battle Arena Toshinden series. This game was only released on the Sega Saturn
Rare
D-Xhird%20(J)%20Front.jpg

Dark Seed: Unreleased SNK fighting game
Here's the story
"
About a year ago, Neo Geo fan Brian Hargrove bought an unlabeled ROM board at a Japanese auction for about $600 in the hopes that it would contain leftover data he could play with, USgamer reports. After a few failed attempts to extract its secrets, he got it working and stumbled across an unknown, unfinished fighting game prototype that might tie into Dungeons & Dragons lore. Happily, he's shared videos and images of the mystery title in action.

Until someone steps forward with insider information, there's no way to know which studio made the game or what it was called. But, there are some clues. The board also contained data for the 1995 game Voltage Fighter Gowcaiser from Technos, though USgamer notes the mystery game looks more elaborate than that studio's other Neo Geo titles. Plus, the game has an overall Dungeons & Dragons feel -- each character can choose to be Chaotic, Neutral or Lawful, a system that mirrors the classic alignmentchoices in D&D.

The game clearly wasn't finished, but it's still fun to see what could have been, thanks to a handy hardware detective."

djkNBGY.png

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rage of the Dragons

Tag team fighter made by Brezza Soft/Noise Factory, published by Playmore (SNK-related company)
Was supposed to be a sequel to the 1995 vs fighter Double Dragon, but they couldn't get the rights sorted out.
shyt was pretty dope too. Character designs where on point, played smoothly. It also had the most thugged out version of Jimmy in my opinion.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Rage of the Dragons

Tag team fighter made by Brezza Soft/Noise Factory, published by Playmore (SNK-related company)
Was supposed to be a sequel to the 1995 vs fighter Double Dragon, but they couldn't get the rights sorted out.
shyt was pretty dope too. Character designs where on point, played smoothly. It also had the most thugged out version of Jimmy in my opinion.

This game is pretty good, this should have got released on the Dreamcast. Noise Factory recently folded in March 2017.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
LOL Atari chatting shyt, I think they ust had no faith in their game.
Daraku Tenshi is another rare one indeed, believe it or not the game was incomplete when it got released, the company that developed it had a tight schedule they left out quite a lot of characters, the characters had no story or even a proper ending and lastly, you can see that there were incomplete animations, unbalanced rosters, missing shadows and other sprite data was patchy.

Yep KOF pretty much modified a few of the characters.
fallenlegacy01.jpg

I agree with K'=Cool
Maxima=Harry

but that other one...I want to say Yashiro. But I think Yash was two years before..

Yeah read up on that incompleteness. Sucks but it probably wouldn't have done well anyway

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I agree with K'=Cool
Maxima=Harry

but that other one...I want to say Yashiro. But I think Yash was two years before..

Yeah read up on that incompleteness. Sucks but it probably wouldn't have done well anyway
Who knows what would have happened had it fully been completed? In my opinion, it may have received a bigger cult following than it currently has. Fallen Angels should get an OVA or even Novel, Fallen Angels has a tone that is very dark and grim.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Who knows what would have happened had it fully been completed? In my opinion, it may have received a bigger cult following than it currently has. Fallen Angels should get an OVA or even Novel, Fallen Angels has a tone that is very dark and grim.

No doubt it would have a bigger cult following..

I think it probably would have hit a Power Instinct level of popularity or a bit higher. :yeshrug:

DipsetUnit

Rookie
Daps
Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style

I copped that game strictly cause it was basically a tamer Thrill Kill which I was looking forward to and eager to play before people complained about the violence and got it shut down.:stopitslime:

Thrill Kill for the PS1
Canned for being too violent (and from previews, it sucked also) but the engine was used for other games like Wu Tang: Shaolin Style and XMen Mutant Academy. However you can find a rom of the beta online to check the game out for yourself.

First game I thought of when I saw the thread title, I was:krs:as a shorty at how violent the game was and Belladonna was:noah:I jacked off mad times to her.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Thrill Kill for the PS1
Canned for being too violent (and from previews, it sucked also) but the engine was used for other games like Wu Tang: Shaolin Style and XMen Mutant Academy. However you can find a rom of the beta online to check the game out for yourself.

I don't get why this was canned? MK contained more violence.