Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
Behind the back shrugs got my traps looking like they're attacking my neck.
Do you ever get any should/rotator cuff pain? I stopped doin that shyt cuz my shoulders be killin me the next day.

Maybe the weight was too high for me:manny:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Why go to the gym to just walk on a treadmill?

You notice how you only see fat people doing this right?

People gotta start somewhere, they might be self conscious about walking/running in the street.

Do you ever get any should/rotator cuff pain? I stopped doin that shyt cuz my shoulders be killin me the next day.

Nope, but the highest I've used doing it is only 355lbs, front shrugs Im 100lbs heavier.

sknk80

Rookie
Daps

Really? I get zero shoulder pain from that shyt, and my shoulders are finicky as fukk. How heavy were you going?

Back day today, gonna say fukk it and try to DL 405

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
5753817647_c6c74d7600.jpg

Bro?

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How far down are you suppose to go with Military Presses? I've been going down until the bar is below my chin but I've seen dudes go until its resting on their upper chest.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
Really? I get zero shoulder pain from that shyt, and my shoulders are finicky as fukk. How heavy were you going?

Back day today, gonna say fukk it and try to DL 405

I think it's my form(behind the back shurgs). I have problems when I do dumbbell/kettle raises for my shoulders too.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
How far down are you suppose to go with Military Presses? I've been going down until the bar is below my chin but I've seen dudes go until its resting on their upper chest.

just below the chin

you put your shoulder joint in a awkward position lower than that

yall need to keep in mind the "catch/snatch" position is not the same as the form you use when OH press/military pressin

Bro?

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just below the chin

you put your shoulder joint in a awkward position lower than that

yall need to keep in mind the "catch/snatch" position is not the same as the form you use when OH press/military pressin
That's what I figured. Besides seeing other people, what else confused me was that the first rep is always (at least to me) way harder than the second and third. I thought maybe I was doing half reps besides the first.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
That's what I figured. Besides seeing other people, what else confused me was that the first rep is always (at least to me) way harder than the second and third. I thought maybe I was doing half reps besides the first.

you can feel the same thing when doing floor press

our bodies are basically covered in elastic that allows us a certain amount "bounce" when doing any kind of movement(thats why running is so fluid)

if you do floor press, getting that first press off is much harder than all the reps afterwards, as opposed to bench where the weight starts in the air, you get your bounce(even if the bar aint touchin your chest)

you can see the same feeling when doing box squats too