Pretentious Swag Rap Is The Worst Sub Genre Since Snap Music

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
You know...Where the subject matter is money, clothes, liquor, drugs and hoes just like 90% of all post Death Row hip hop...But the twist is they do it with abstract art placement and homosexual clothing...

This whole Andy Warhol meets Ma$e cornball weirdo sh1t needs to run its course asap...

If your content and thoughts aren't original and creative..All the "unique" clothes, album covers and European culture vulturing won't save you.. You might fool Pitch Fork and the gentrification dwelling taste makers, but real n1ggas see through this..

"Oh Wiz is unique because he dresses like Jimi Hendix while rappin about nothin"..

"The way Kanye can rap about his dikk while surrounded by the Bolshoi Ballet Company is groundbreaking"

"2 Chainz raps about selling crack and drop tops but it's different because he dresses like Boy George now"

"The Cleveland Symphony Orchestra is gonna play background while Weezy raps how how much he loves head"

"Did you see the new album cover for "Make It Rain On a Strippa"? It's an interpertation of Basquiat's early work"

:ohhh:

wiz-khalifa-onifc-cover.jpg

pushatennoirtshirtbethiphopawards.jpg

drake-2-chainz-bet-hip-hop-awards-nominations-the-jasmine-brand.jpg

cute-kanye-west-ballet-black-Favim.com-465076.gif

ASAPROCKYDRESS-450x454-307x310.jpg

:smh:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Only people listed that I think that actually applies to far as the actual music, is prolly Kanye, Pusha and maybe ASAP...the rest are just artists following fashion trends, mainly an extension of the hood's current fondness with european designers (louis, gucci, etc.)...Wiz's actual music is pretty straight forward "swag and weedhead raps"...2Chainz is pretty by the books "swag trap raps" and so on...i don't think they try to present as anything other than it is, ya'll mainly just reacting to clothes...basically the whole "OMG OMG they're wearing skinny jeans" thing remixed

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
5 Stars

These rappers claim theyre different, but the music is the same.

thats why Kid Cudi is my favorite rapper. He actually is different.

I used to be a weezy stan bc he was different at a time.

Good thread

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
its nothing worse than wannabe artsy folk. like OP said....nikkas wanna dress like tortured artists but the actual musical content is basic like fukk. I see the simple minds behind the flamboyant ass outfits.

because music artists aren't artists nor believe in art. :uhhuh:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
its nothing worse than wannabe artsy folk. like OP said....nikkas wanna dress like tortured artists but the actual musical content is basic like fukk. I see the simple minds behind the flamboyant ass outfits.

Yep...

You see it...

The visual aspect is running laps around the audio...

Wiz has the same sound and content as when he looked like this

Wiz+Khalifa.jpg

But now he's calling himself young Jimi and on the cover of Rolling Stone... You wanna call yourself Jimi? Cool.. Well release something with the soul, passion and originality of Hey Joe...Don't just have your stylest raid his closet...

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
the gay agenda in hip hop is real as much as people on here try to ignore it...that im different track by 2 chainz is the gay agenda anthem right now...and someone from this board put me on to that tranny that appears at the end of that video too:troll:...

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
i believe the pc term is "luxury rap"

but the vast majority of the public enjoys being informed of how the barrel of an expensive batch of port they'll never be able to afford tastes, right?

I get that...I know the days of My Adidas are long gone (because who wants to rap about something that everyone in the hood can afford or relate to?)

Or old Wayne sayin "I pull up in an Exhibition" is probably laughable now because my uncle that runs a landscaping business has one too..And fukk that n1gga...

I get that it's all about reaching the next level of exclusivity for the purpose of flawsin...But it's almost reached Chapelle Show MTV Cribs level of parody now... (without any sense of irony)

Last edited by a moderator: