Poll: What Was Nas' Best Year?

What Was Nas Best Year?

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I'm going to pick 1996 (my birth year :youngsabo:)

I ain't gonna act like I was around to remember that shyt, but that was the year Nas became a solidified superstar. It Was Written is a classic album, one of the most creatives LPs ever to hit stores :umad:

Escobar Nas flow was GOAT, birthed other GOAT rappers like the gawd Lupe :blessed:, influenced and inspired Pac to make songs and acknowledge Nas as the "ringleader", was battling BIG for King of NY. Freestyles and features all classic.

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
I pick 2002 the release of Stillmatic with hits such as Got Ur self A Gun and One Mic. And later in he released God's Son with tracks such as Made You look, Thugz Mansion and I Can. I was in middle school at the time and alot of people my age and older where not really fukking with Nas like that.I mean everyone knew he was a good rapper but where I'm from the most popular rapper's at that time where Jay-Z, Eminem, Ja Rule and Nelly. It was not until Ether came out that people where I am from really started feeling Nas. But I have always been a Nas fan.It was written was the first album I ever had but it was the Edited version because I was 6 when it came out.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta roll with '02.

1994- he dropped what's pretty much universally considered his best album and an iconic Hip Hop album

1996- He became a superstar

1999- He became one of the first artists to drop two platinum albums in one year

2001- Jumpstarted his resurgence

2002- the victory lap. It's a year that he impacted the game in nearly every quarter. The hype and buzz from Stillmatic continued. There was "One Mic". He had a summer filled with features and drama. The fall saw Lost Tapes and buzz that he was signing with Inc. He capped off the year with God's Son, in which he saw one of the biggest songs of his career take off with "Made You Look".

True Sinister

Banned
Daps

It's when Stillmatic really hit and was breathing, lost tapes drops, God's son, the power 105 interview, the pledge, being on the 8 mile soundtrack, thug mansion on better days, what's going on, illmatic to stillmatic remix lp

That was his comeback

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I gotta roll with '02.

1994- he dropped what's pretty much universally considered his best album and an iconic Hip Hop album

1996- He became a superstar

1999- He became one of the first artists to drop two platinum albums in one year

2001- Jumpstarted his resurgence

2002- the victory lap. It's a year that he impacted the game in nearly every quarter. The hype and buzz from Stillmatic continued. There was "One Mic". He had a summer filled with features and drama. The fall saw Lost Tapes and buzz that he was signing with Inc. He capped off the year with God's Son, in which he saw one of the biggest songs of his career take off with "Made You Look".
There won't be a documentary about Nas' 2002.
The obvious answer is 94. He became a legend.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I pick 2002 the release of Stillmatic with hits such as Got Ur self A Gun and One Mic. And later in he released God's Son with tracks such as Made You look, Thugz Mansion and I Can. I was in middle school at the time and alot of people my age and older where not really fukking with Nas like that.I mean everyone knew he was a good rapper but where I'm from the most popular rapper's at that time where Jay-Z, Eminem, Ja Rule and Nelly. It was not until Ether came out that people where I am from really started feeling Nas. But I have always been a Nas fan.It was written was the first album I ever had but it was the Edited version because I was 6 when it came out.

yea nas was cold in '00-01.

people thought he was on his way out.