On walking dead, why did nobody think of a MOAT and DRAWBRIDGE?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
In the prison, in Alexandria, in Woodbury....

A fukkin moat....like in the dark ages they thought of that...walkers would just walk directly into their watery death...simple right?
bl1338_moat_1.jpg

I mean fukk, you can FIND ONE in America if you searched hard enough...tom bradys house has a fukkin moat

Isn't this simple logic?

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Water wont kill zombies, they'd just be stuck in the moat. The moat would fill up with them making it so you would soon be trapped in your castle with a single entry/exit point (the drawbridge) because the moat would be deadly for you to try and cross.

If anything happened where you guys needed to leave the castle, all the zombies would be huddled at your drawbridge... so you are basically sealling yourself in from the outside world if you decide to hold up in a castle.

Because of how the zombies in TWD work, anyone that dies inside the castle also turns.
This means any accidental or sudden death would result in walkers inside the castle in a situation where leaving the castle is basically suicide.
So as long as you don't need to go outside you've made it so you are basically 100% safe, but as soon as a threat is inside and you need to go outside... you've killed yourself.

It could work out or it could be a death trap. Its all luck once you select a place to hold up in with others.

The only way you are ever safe of zombies is if you are secluded and alone (meaning no one can turn). A sad existence.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or a tree house? :yeshrug:. But seriously it would ruin the show if you are allowed to think logically.

:stopitslime: If they find you they'll wait under the tree forever and your dumb ass will have to come down eventually.

:patrice: Where would they find a moat and drawbridge? They can't build one. The best bet is to be on the water like the brother with the yacht on ftwd. If you can't find seclusion you gotta deal with the crazy humans too.

What they need is better ways to wipe out walkers. Burn them, learn to make explosives, dig pits etc. I still don't get why they use knives to kill instead of making spears so they can't get close and potentially bite.

Zombi_Jeezus

Bad Hombre
Daps
Reppin
Wasted Talent
There's all kinds of shyt they could do. Like make a wall in front of the current wall out of cars. Then just have a regular patrol spearing them from a safe distance. I don't get why they never think of body armor. I'd be phone booked up like I getting ready for a prison riot. Or find a shark attack suit you'd be invincible. But like someone said earlier using logic would just destroy the show.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
There's all kinds of shyt they could do. Like make a wall in front of the current wall out of cars. Then just have a regular patrol spearing them from a safe distance. I don't get why they never think of body armor. I'd be phone booked up like I getting ready for a prison riot. Or find a shark attack suit you'd be invincible. But like someone said earlier using logic would just destroy the show.
the body armor worked in the early prison episodes...but they abandoned it

masking themselves with zombie guts when making runs works...but they abandoned it

cutting the jaws and arms off of walkers to make them docile, and using them to keep walkers at bay worked....but they abandoned it...

i suspend reality but sometimes you just go :why: