Old Testament questions

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I was watching a documentary on Sumer and it was talking about how they used an ancient Afro-Asiatic language (Hebrew is too). I thought it was odd because that language group is thought to come out of East Africa and yet these people were supposedly the forefathers of Persians and Arabs. I grew up in an Atheist household so excuse me if this is all common knowledge.

So I'm looking at this biblical guy Cush and find out he is the forefather of Ethiopians and his son Nimrod built Babylon :wtf:

So I say fukk it, let me look at the whole family tree

Ham - Ham was one of the sons of Noah and the father of Cush, Mizraim, Phut and Canaan, who are interpreted as having populated Africa and adjoining parts of Asia. The Bible refers to Egypt as "the land of Ham"

Since the 17th century a number of suggestions have been made that relate the name Ham to a Hebrew word for burnt, black or hot, to an Egyptian word for servant or the Egyptian word Kmt for Egypt.

Unknown my ass:duck::duck::duck:

Cush- He is traditionally considered the eponymous ancestor of the people of Cush, a dark-skinned people inhabiting the country surrounded by the River Gihon, identified in antiquity with the Nile River and Aethiopia, i.e. all Sub-Saharan Africa, particularly the Upper Nile.

Mizraim- is the Hebrew name for the land of Egypt, with the dual suffix -āyim, perhaps referring to the "two Egypts": Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt.

Ugaritic inscriptions refer to Egypt as Msrm, in the Amarna tablets it is called Misri, and Assyrian and Babylonian records called Egypt Musur and Musri. The Arabic word for Egypt is Misr (pronounced Masr in Egyptian colloquial Arabic), and Egypt's official name is Gumhuriyah Misr al-'Arabiyah (the Arab Republic of Egypt).
(note: A lot of Bantu tribes claim to come from Misri)

Phut- The name Put (or Phut) is also used in the Bible for the people or nation said to be descended from him, usually placed in Ancient Libya, but connections are sometimes proposed with the Land of Punt[1] known from Ancient Egyptian annals.

Josephus writes: "Phut also was the founder of Libya, and called the inhabitants Phutites (Phoutes), from himself: there is also a river in the country of Moors which bears that name; whence

Canaan- Canaan was the ancestor of the tribes who originally occupied the ancient Land of Canaan: all the territory from Sidon or Hamath in the north toGaza in the southwest and Lasha in the southeast. This territory is roughly the areas of modern dayIsrael, the Palestinian Territories, Lebanon, western Jordan, and western Syria.

(Ham was Black so Canaan was Black meaning the fertile crescent was colonized by Blacks? )

Is it possible Eden was in the Great Rift Valleys or the Wet Sahara and the biblical floods happened there? :mindblown:

I mean from a scientific perspective it isn't without question the Out of Africa theory is true but how did non-Blacks co-opt the old testament if all the motherfukkers beginning it are Black?

Where is it assumed that Seth was living during these times? What the fukk are the Nephilim? They sound like hominids that homo sapiens either killed off or absorbed. Are the egyptian god Set and biblical Seth related in any sense? Hams bloodline is chronologically before Abrahams who are all from Canaan.

If the people in the Fertile Crescent were an African colony then when did those Eurasians from the Caucasus Mountains come back down to "lighten" that population? Note that Black skin was still dominant in Eurasian stock (http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jan/26/swarthy-blue-eyed-caveman-dna-tooth) Are Eurasians mentioned in the Bible? Does a nikka have to go back and read up on Zoroaster? I think some answers would give human migrational insight.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Old Testament is a scientific document
michael-jordan-laughing.gif

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't expect an idiot to understand how linguistics and documented migration factors into human genesis :manny:
Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. Keep these words that I am commanding you today in your heart. Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise. Bind them as a sign on your hand, fix them as an emblem on your forehead.
(Deuteronomy 6:4–8)

:laff:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. Keep these words that I am commanding you today in your heart. Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise. Bind them as a sign on your hand, fix them as an emblem on your forehead.
(Deuteronomy 6:4–8)

:laff:

What was the point of quoting that? I don't believe in the Bible as a supernatural text :ohhh:

:mjlol:

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
I was watching a documentary on Sumer and it was talking about how they used an ancient Afro-Asiatic language (Hebrew is too). I thought it was odd because that language group is thought to come out of East Africa and yet these people were supposedly the forefathers of Persians and Arabs. I grew up in an Atheist household so excuse me if this is all common knowledge.

So I'm looking at this biblical guy Cush and find out he is the forefather of Ethiopians and his son Nimrod built Babylon :wtf:

So I say fukk it, let me look at the whole family tree

Is it possible Eden was in the Great Rift Valleys or the Wet Sahara and the biblical floods happened there? :mindblown:

I mean from a scientific perspective it isn't without question the Out of Africa theory is true but how did non-Blacks co-opt the old testament if all the motherfukkers beginning it are Black?

Where is it assumed that Seth was living during these times? What the fukk are the Nephilim? They sound like hominids that homo sapiens either killed off or absorbed. Are the egyptian god Set and biblical Seth related in any sense? Hams bloodline is chronologically before Abrahams who are all from Canaan.

If the people in the Fertile Crescent were an African colony then when did those Eurasians from the Caucasus Mountains come back down to "lighten" that population? Note that Black skin was still dominant in Eurasian stock (http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/jan/26/swarthy-blue-eyed-caveman-dna-tooth) Are Eurasians mentioned in the Bible? Does a nikka have to go back and read up on Zoroaster? I think some answers would give human migrational insight.

You leaving out East Africans were Jews before they were Christian. Arabs just get he shine for it

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
The Old Testament is a scientific document whether religious or scientific people want to admit it :yeshrug:

Scientific document? :mindblown:

The bible absolutely flies in the face of anything that is scientific. There is NO record of the originals. There are NO copies of the original. You don't even know who wrote or edited, or in some cases translated those stories over and over again.

Talk about linguistics? Like the tower of babel? :laff:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
lets just say i fail to grasp its scientific merit :skip:

The view points of the first human populations on Earth give insight for scientist and archaeologist to figure out things like human migration, linguistics and sociology :what:

Scientific document? :mindblown:

The bible absolutely flies in the face of anything that is scientific. There is NO record of the originals. There are NO copies of the original. You don't even know who wrote or edited, or in some cases translated those stories over and over again.

Talk about linguistics? Like the tower of babel? :laff:

Do you not understand the concept of being meta? If Hebrew is Afro-Asiatic and Afro-Asiatic is an African derived language and humans came out of Africa then it absolutely has scientific worth to pursue the Biblical story of migration

And there are going to be inaccuracies due to translation and oral tradition, it doesn't mean you don't look into some of the oldest stories on Earth as a correlate to human migration

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
The view points of the first human populations on Earth give insight for scientist and archaeologist to figure out things like human migration, linguistics and sociology :what:

Do you not understand the concept of being meta? If Hebrew is Afro-Asiatic and Afro-Asiatic is an African derived language and humans came out of Africa then it absolutely has scientific worth to pursue the Biblical story of migration

And there are going to be inaccuracies due to translation and oral tradition, it doesn't mean you don't look into some of the oldest stories on Earth as a correlate to human migration

:whew: I thought you was gonna go in a different direction with that.

Actually the bible is probably the most scientifically studied book in history. It aint really wortha a piss for much tho

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:whew: I thought you was gonna go in a different direction with that.

Actually the bible is probably the most scientifically studied book in history. It aint really wortha a piss for much tho

Nah.. I'm just trying to make sense of the illogical aspect of the human migration in the Bible?

I don't believe in Ancient Egypt religion but if they say they came from the Land of Punt, I want to know where and what it was, ya dig? :pachaha:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Honestly, its quite a few Ethiopians that tend to believe the garden of Eden was in parts of Ethiopia. Not to mention Egyptians themselves profess that they came from Ethiopia and Ethiopians whom came from the sources of the Nile. There's a tiny town called Giyon just a little to the southwest of Addis Abeba as well, and the myth of Eden tells that there were 4 rivers and there are lots of river systems in Ethiopia aside from the Blue Nile. The only river that would encompass the whole of Ethiopia as the myth says can be the Nile, Ethiopia in this context of course meaning the Sudan since most of modern Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Somalia was the Land of Punt or "God's Land" according to the Egyptians. So for me, I tend to think Eden itself was sandwiched between the highlands, and the Omo and Rift Valley areas where humans first migrated north into the Sudan where Nubian culture/civilization was developed.

It's interesting nonetheless, you can find lots of clues in religion thats why its stupid to dismiss it altogether because this is our ancestors passing their knowledge to us in a way.