OJ Simpson and his c00ning

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/espn-30-for-30-o-j-made-in-america-series-discussion-thread.434634/

After watching part 1 of this documentary it got me thinking. Many people are saying he is a sellout, c00n, etc for what he did.

Here are some comments from reddit on this issue. What are your thoughts?

They focused so much on this idea that he tried to fit in rather than speak out against white society, and portrayed that as negative. But I feel like that isn't negative or positive in and of itself; it just is. Not every black athlete playing from 1965-1975 who didn't speak out was a sellout. Is Willie Mays a sellout too?

That's not fair to compare 1968 still in college OJ to already retired Jim Brown and most famous human on earth Ali.

My point is that all those guys are very brave. But that doesn't mean OJ, Mays and Chamberlain were cowards. They were just not as brave.

The way I see it is that he just wanted to be defined by who he was/is and not by what race he happen to be. Acceptance is just a byproduct.

Great start

Twitter reaction was hilarious the first hour when it OJ sold out, brainwashed by white society and by the end of the second hour once you got more on his childhood, stealing his best friend girl..etc.

You realize he was just a manipulative b*stard who wanted to be rich and famous by stepping on/over anyone in his way.

OJ didn't get seduced, he was the seducer.

O.J.: Made in America - Series Premiere Discussion Thread • /r/television

Personally, I have mixed feelings about it. If your one and only objective is to be famous, rich, and successful it paints what he did in a different light. Also, Jews, Irish, Italians, etc have "c00ned" in order to become rich, successful in society. Joseph Kennedy Sr. did everything he could to deny his Irish background.

This book on how the Jews invented Hollywood talks about how the Jews completely rejected their heritage and assimilated with WASP in order to achieve success.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
nikka is and always will be a c00n

dude stole his best friend wife and treated her like shyt.... look at her face she was never happy being around all those whites
You can't steal anyone's woman, hoes go willingly. If she was treated badly, oh well, she's not a victim...that's what she chose :ufdup:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/espn-30-for-30-o-j-made-in-america-series-discussion-thread.434634/

After watching part 1 of this documentary it got me thinking. Many people are saying he is a sellout, c00n, etc for what he did.

Here are some comments from reddit on this issue. What are your thoughts?

O.J.: Made in America - Series Premiere Discussion Thread • /r/television

Personally, I have mixed feelings about it. If your one and only objective is to be famous, rich, and successful it paints what he did in a different light. Also, Jews, Irish, Italians, etc have "c00ned" in order to become rich, successful in society. Joseph Kennedy Sr. did everything he could to deny his Irish background.

This book on how the Jews invented Hollywood talks about how the Jews completely rejected their heritage and assimilated with WASP in order to achieve success.

i just got that book last week

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
What are your thoughts on the book? Do you feel like the Jews were c00ning in the book?
naw not at all

a lot of them held their fathers in contempt
while a lot of them did succeed in covering up their cultural roots
they ended up losing themselves

the book itself had me like :ohhh::wow::what::jbhmm::merchant::whew::ohlawd::feedme:

they got shyt done but it came with a price

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
naw not at all

a lot of them held their fathers in contempt
while a lot of them did succeed in covering up their cultural roots
they ended up losing themselves

the book itself had me like :ohhh::wow::what::jbhmm::merchant::whew::ohlawd::feedme:

they got shyt done but it came with a price

sounds interesting

Do you feel it was worth it for the Jews to do that or any other groups that wants to succeed like them?