The Last of Us | PS3/PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

PN3c5JS.jpg

The Last Of Us strips away the geek-centric fan service so commonplace in contemporary games. For every highbrow idea explored, developers seem compelled to throw in a lowbrow one to counterbalance it. The Last Of Us resists such compromises, and does so without disappearing up its own backside. Naughty Dog has delivered the most riveting, emotionally resonant story-driven epic of this console generation. At times it’s easy to feel like big-budget development has too much on the line to allow stubbornly artful ideas to flourish, but then a game like The Last Of Us emerges through the crumbled blacktop like a climbing vine, green as a burnished emerald.
Edge-10/10

One of the finest games I have ever played.
Adam Sessler

There is more to The Last of Us than just combat and "emotional" story tropes. To touch on its setpiece moments, to detail its beautiful changes in pace, would be to spoil too much. It cannot be said enough, however, that Naughty Dog's new best creation is complete, and when I say complete, I mean it to pay the highest of compliments. I do not want more from The Last of Us: I do not need more. As the last line was uttered and the credits ushered in the close, I was done. The Last of Us had achieved everything it needed to achieve in order to provide me with everything I wanted.

And it ended perfectly.
Destructoid

:win:

June 14th, the buildings are being crushed.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:gladbron: MP finally confirmed

Playstation wins again

Preview embargo's in an hour. :gladbron:
Probably not of MP.

This MP has so much potential because it's not simply going to be a reskinned UC MP. The whole survival, tense atmosphere may transfer to MP very well. I could see some sort of 1 life per round, faction against faction stealth, team oriented gameplay.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:

Who the fukk wants Last Of Us MP?

I do. If it's wack, don't play it but it's not as if it existing is going to ruin the SP aspect of the game. I never get the contempt people have of MP for games they haven't played. MP was added to UC2 and I bet lots of people ate their words because UC2 is heralded to this day as one of the best games this gen. Mass Effect 3's MP was pretty nice. Let's wait and see.

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
I do. If it's wack, don't play it but it's not as if it existing is going to ruin the SP aspect of the game. I never get the contempt people have of MP for games they haven't played. MP was added to UC2 and I bet lots of people ate their words because UC2 is heralded to this day as one of the best games this gen. Mass Effect 3's MP was pretty nice. Let's wait and see.

The effort and resources put into tacking on MP should be used to create an even better or longer SP experience. A lot of developers could learn a thing or two from Resident Evil 4.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
The effort and resources put into tacking on MP should be used to create an even better or longer SP experience. A lot of developers could learn a thing or two from Resident Evil 4.

You couldnt ask for a better experience lengthwise & quality wise from Uncharted 2

And that game had multiplayer :mjpls:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This statement is repeated over and over online but i've yet to see proof of this assertion. ND done said this is going to be one of their largest SP games yet. UC3 SP was wacker than UC2's and it wasn't because of MP because MP was already in UC2.

:huh: What RE4 got to do with this?? RE4 was a last gen game, MP was just taking off on consoles then. RE5 was considered a step down due to several things. MP on that game made it better. The things most people didn't like about it was the loss of scaryness, overt action and whatnot.

Yes you could. I say the SP would have been even better without MP and you can't prove me wrong :jawalrus:
Nonsense. How could you prove that?? :troll: