Official Spider-Man: Far From Home Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:dwillhuh:

It comes out after the IW sequel though. Am I missing something?

I get Marvel is committed to the story, but I can't see them just not marketing it at all.

What @Dominic Brehetto said. How do you promote a movie when your main character is dead? There are ways around it creatively yeah but they’re all risky ways

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I remember reading something, probably bullshyt, but he’s been telling anyone who will listen he wants to do it
Hamm is the worst parts of Ben already. An old drunk who doesn't want to get into that kind of shape. Wouldn't make sense to go with him to me.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
What @Dominic Brehetto said. How do you promote a movie when your main character is dead? There are ways around it creatively yeah but they’re all risky ways

If it was the marketing team behind Ant-Man, who seem to love the fukkery, I could have seen them running a bunch of 'Mysterio: The Movie:troll:' spots, that don't feature Spiderman at all, until after Avengers 4 drops.

In the grand scheme of things, motherfukkers who are so confident their movie is gonna make money that they put out this TV spot

are liable to do damn near anything.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If it was the marketing team behind Ant-Man, who seem to love the fukkery, I could have seen them running a bunch of 'Mysterio: The Movie:troll:' spots, that don't feature Spiderman at all, until after Avengers 4 drops.

I was thinking something similar. A bunch of reaction shots from people wondering where is peter Parker? My initial campaign would revolve around asking the question “where is Spider-Man?” And showing how his absence has made a difference in Queens and the lives of his people. Then once he’s back from the dead you switch gears

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I was thinking something similar. A bunch of reaction shots from people wondering where is peter Parker? My initial campaign would revolve around asking the question “where is Spider-Man?” And showing how his absence has made a difference in Queens and the lives of his people. Then once he’s back from the dead you switch gears

I can dig it.

I was talking full on - Mysterio acts like the entire movie is about him. Getting his own 'In a world.....' monologue and everything. Framing his origin story to make him look like a good guy.

I think there's a bunch of stuff you can do with the character being involved in films - Mysterio's origin story - in part could be used to make a pretty convincing fake film

Quentin Beck found his calling when his uncle gave him an old movie camera. Despite his widowed father making fun of him, he grew up to become a successful stunt man and special effects designer in Hollywood.

Or

there's a :ohhh: opportunity to have him do the fake Spider-man story line from the comics

. Later, an article in the Daily Bugle gave Beck the idea of pretending to be Spider-Man and framing him for crimes, then becoming a hero and bringing Spider-Man to justice. Beck studied Spider-Man for weeks and was able to duplicate his powers, apart from spider-sense.

So we see Spider-man doing a bunch of criminal fukkery, then he unmasks and it's Gyllenhall. Even plays into the story about Jake being picked to replace Tobey.:ehh:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Jake Gyllenhall?

giphy.gif