Official Spider-Man: Far From Home Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Man I would really love to see what the sony/marvel deal looks like. Did marvel get to decide which villains they wanted and to!d Sony they weren't interested in certain villains? Did Sony not allow use of some? Did marvel have any idea the venom etc movies were gonna happen?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Man I would really love to see what the sony/marvel deal looks like. Did marvel get to decide which villains they wanted and to!d Sony they weren't interested in certain villains? Did Sony not allow use of some? Did marvel have any idea the venom etc movies were gonna happen?

From what feige and Amy have said, there are no restrictions. They have an open door to use whomever they want but I’m sure now they take things into consideration. Like if there’s a venom movie over here then don’t be an a$$hole and put venom over here. Professional courtesy

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I been thinking about this since April
Same way they market ant man now. Like nothing happened. Id imagine. The ant man trailers don't specify that it happens pre snap.

They shouldn't have scheduled a movie within at least 4 months of A4 afterwards.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Same way they market ant man now. Like nothing happened. Id imagine. The ant man trailers don't specify that it happens pre snap.

They shouldn't have scheduled a movie within at least 4 months of A4 afterwards.

This one takes place after infinity war tho. They’ve already let the cat out of the bag several times. So you can’t go the ant man route entirely

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
In

Deadline is reporting Jake Gyllenhall, Maggie’s brother for those of you who don’t know
Who the hell doesn't know who Jake Gyllenhaal is?

H1UHT0e.gif

You called him Maggie's brother like it's Cheryl and Reggie :russ:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This one takes place after infinity war tho. They’ve already let the cat out of the bag several times. So you can’t go the ant man route entirely
I know it does but I imagine they'll just go full steam ahead. What else can they do? Not have a trailer? They put themselves in a corner. Might as well just go with it like everything is normal. :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know it does but I imagine they'll just go full steam ahead. What else can they do? Not have a trailer? They put themselves in a corner. Might as well just go with it like everything is normal. :yeshrug:

One writer at Forbes argued you don’t need to do a traditional rollout for a Spider-Man movie. He said they’ve got a chance to do something radical and start their promo during and after avengers 4. Like, put the trailer for homecoming 2 at the end of avengers 4 like they did with the avengers at the end of the first avenger. Then from there you’re off to the races for two months.

Now of course that’s in a perfect world that doesn’t include marketing partners and toy companies and manufacturers who are going to want to know shyt ahead of time but it’s not a terrible idea. Just probably unrealistic

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
One writer at Forbes argued you don’t need to do a traditional rollout for a Spider-Man movie. He said they’ve got a chance to do something radical and start their promo during and after avengers 4. Like, put the trailer for homecoming 2 at the end of avengers 4 like they did with the avengers at the end of the first avenger. Then from there you’re off to the races for two months.

Now of course that’s in a perfect world that doesn’t include marketing partners and toy companies and manufacturers who are going to want to know shyt ahead of time but it’s not a terrible idea. Just probably unrealistic
I just don't see Sony agreeing to that. But anything is possible.