Official Persona games discussion thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
an_all_out_attack___persona_4_wallpaper_by_ppgdblossom-d5hfqsx.jpg

1374507973.persona.3.the_.movie_.1.spring.of_.birth__thumb.jpg

Soundtrack to the thread :ohlawd:

Now that there's less clutter on this forum, I'd say this thread was long overdue. I understand there are soulless guys who don't care about Persona and out of respect for the Vita thread getting cluttered with Persona 4 Golden talk, let's talk about the Persona games here. Please tag spoilers obviously. Tag them like this:

Kanji boss fight tips?

Not like this:

SHADOW KANJI HOW YOU BEAT HIM?? :beli:
Someone probably didn't reach him yet and would be annoyed. Not a huge spoiler but you get what I mean...

Anyway I already sung high praises enough for Persona 4 Golden in the Vita thread so I'm ready for P5. What y'all think they should do in that one??

I hope they find a better way to incorporate the actual gameplay aka battles to where it doesn't feel like a chore i.e. running through a long dungeon. Persona 3 FES was HORRIBLE with the way Tartarus is handled. It feels like a chore and not something that's part of the story(yet). Persona 4 improved upon 3 with it's differently designed dungeons but it got annoying running through long maze like hallways when you know you just want to reach a boss.

Presentation I think was great in Persona 4 and I hope they stick with the hand drawn portraits that appear when characters are speaking. Since it's going to be a new engine, It may be changed but Idk even with better gfx it should still retain that presentation style.

Gameplay wise, I think they should go back to how in Persona 3 there were more elements to the battle like slash, strike and pierce as opposed to simply being physical attacks in 4. Maybe introduce a new element?? New fusion process??

Social links I think can be improved. They should slightly have an effect on the story. It made no sense how your interactions went about during story scenes and yet during social links you could be buddy buddy with someone. It may be complicated but at least offer some variations.

Music i'm not worried about that. As long as Shoji Meguro and Shihoko Harata are there, songs should still be blissful. :blessed:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
When is P5 coming out? Is it coming for the Vita as well? I'm not even done with P4G yet but I already got money ready for a sequel :whew:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: I opened a chest with The Reaper. I haven't been this shook of an enemy NPC since Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts. As soon as that nikka brought down the HPs of my hard hitters Yosuke and Chie down to a thread and I saw that my moves weren't doing shyt :merchant: I tried to escape and Rise was like :whoa: "let me look for an opening!" :camby: We got thrashed some more and had to wait for my MC's turn to use a Vanish Ball. :flabbynsick:

What level do I have to be to even have a chance against that fukk?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: I opened a chest with The Reaper. I haven't been this shook of an enemy NPC since Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts. As soon as that nikka brought down the HPs of my hard hitters Yosuke and Chie down to a thread and I saw that my moves weren't doing shyt :merchant: I tried to escape and Rise was like :whoa: "let me look for an opening!" :camby: We got thrashed some more and had to wait for my MC's turn to use a Vanish Ball. :flabbynsick:

I never beat him. Even on my second playthrough with my personas leveled up I still got one hit ko'd by him. I just left that shyt alone :whoa:

As for Persona 3 FES, I just defeated the 12th shadow boss. :ohlawd: it was a beautiful fight, strategy was used carefully and I had plenty of good items in stock so he didn't really take me out too much. I defeated him with one last all out attack too.

And NOW the story takes a huge twist, 55 fukking hours later.. :wtf: I had a feeling something was up with the SEES
chairman. He always seemed too calm and cool.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was Yukiko the whole way through on playthrough 1.:myman:

But was I the only one that went after Naoto just for shyts and giggles on a later playthrough? :lupe:

Wanted to crack that obvious ass shell and see what she was really like. :ld: Her S. Link was actually one of my favorites until the one where you tell her you wanna smash:dead:

Smashed Yukiko and Rise (broke Rise's heart on Valentines because Yukiko had my soul:wow:) I'm on my third playthrough and will go for Naoto this time. Every time I consider going for Chie I feel like a bad friend cause there's OBVIOUS chemistry between her and Yosuke and you don't treat the homie like that.

Man I was tight when I saw that hospital nurse was teasing a nikka. I was like :gladbron: when I seen she was all up on a trill nikka. :wow: I would've smashed that and needed some snuff soul to recover SP. She wasn't really bout bout it though.

Last edited:

DF is BUSY

ididknotnothat.
Daps
Reppin
NYC

there's a specific pattern to kill that motherfukker.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im at level 99 and im still shook of The Reaper:skip:

in this play through im actually gonna fight him tho...at some point.
I only saw that nikka like once in the entire game. The sounds of the chain dragging across the floor :merchant:. When i seen him I almost threw the Vita like :merchant:.

Nikka just exhaled and killed everybody in one motion.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I only saw that nikka like once in the entire game. The sounds of the chain dragging across the floor :merchant:. When i seen him I almost threw the Vita like :merchant:.

Nikka just exhaled and killed everybody in one motion.
in my 1st playthrough I ran into him early with Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko. I NEVER ran into him in p3p so this was my 1st fight with him.

i thought I would play a lil D the 1st turn to see some moves:mjlol: boy wiped out everybody except me:dead:
I used one of the escape items and dipped on the dungeon for the day.

anytime I hear those chances i just keep it moving and never touch a chest.