Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
At the same time, i think they need a bigger bad than Kraven or Achebe. Kraven works as a Klaue-level secondary villain, but like Klaue he's too small scale and one-note. Achebe is worse, because at least Kraven can throw down with BP before being beaten to an inch of his life; achebe is more so secondary behind the scenes stuff. I think Achebe works well with Mephisto, and Kraven works well as the side-bar villain like Klaue was.

If it were those 3, [Mephisto, Achebe, Kraven]. I think that could work great. Altho if Kraven can't be used because of Spider-Man, then i'd like to see someone like Taskmaster.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
At the same time, i think they need a bigger bad than Kraven or Achebe. Kraven works as a Klaue-level secondary villain, but like Klaue he's too small scale and one-note. Achebe is worse, because at least Kraven can throw down with BP before being beaten to an inch of his life; achebe is more so secondary behind the scenes stuff. I think Achebe works well with Mephisto, and Kraven works well as the side-bar villain like Klaue was.

If it were those 3, [Mephisto, Achebe, Kraven]. I think that could work great. Altho if Kraven can't be used because of Spider-Man, then i'd like to see someone like Taskmaster.
I think Achebe works as a head villain that challenges BP (and his people/kingdom) on a psychological level, same as Joker to Batman (since that's essentially how he is to BP). He could have some lower level, powerhouses doing his dirty work while he plays mastermind schemer in the background or behind the scenes.

I know this would be jumping things around a bit, but an idea of mine would be to have the Coates run Tetu and his mind/desire controlling chick to be enemies on the forefront, unknowingly under the bidding of Achebe.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think Achebe works as a head villain that challenges BP (and his people/kingdom) on a psychological level, same as Joker to Batman (since that's essentially how he is to BP). He could have some lower level, powerhouses doing his dirty work while he plays mastermind schemer in the background or behind the scenes.

I know this would be jumping things around a bit, but an idea of mine would be to have the Coates run Tetu and his mind/desire controlling chick to be enemies on the forefront, unknowingly under the bidding of Achebe.
That could work, although I feel we just got that with Killmonger. We got the deconstruction of T'Challa's beliefs, of what Wakanda is versus what it should be, opposing strong opinions [Okoye vs Naka vs Wakabi vs M'Baku], and the movie ends with all 5 tribes united for the first time ever, under T'Challa.

So i wouldn't want a retread of that dysfunction per se, but if with your second idea you were to have Achebe, Tetu, and Zenzi (mind controlling chick) being of a neighboring country like Niganda [Marvel's afrikan country that is right next to Wakanda, and ruled by fat afrikan dictator named M'Butu] that are pissed that Wakanda took so long to offer aid [or just want to conquer it, since M'Butu is a north korea / Kim Jong-il type], and want to rage war with guriella tactics/terrorist attacks...

..or just whatever plot line works, I think M'Butu, Achebe, Tetu, Zenzi... between the four of them you can have a pretty good plot line.

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
Reed was always number 1.
Doom is 2, not 1B
Then is was Pym
Banner
Beast
T'challa
Tony
Cho = was 7th but in a book, they/he demoted himself to 8th.

But now with Moon Girl, and I guess they count Valeria, he may not make Top 10.

Nah doom is #1 fam, even Ultimate Reed Richards who goes through different universe like it’s nothing confirmed Doom was the smartest being he has ever knownz
I forgot to add Pym my bad.

I think moon girl is top ten. But a lot of :mjpls: people think she needs more feats.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I think the tough part with Namor is that he's the no-brainer character to make asian [to appeal to those chinese/japanese/korean markets] which may mean a reluctance from higher ups to feed him to Coogler [who has no qualms to killing villains] b/c they will be thinking of branching him off. Especially if Aquaman does well and Universal [who i think still has the Namor rights??] wants in on the festivities.

What would end up happening is them needing a 2nd villain to be the "actual" villain that BP/Namor team up against after whatever 'misunderstanding' has them at each other's throat. And yea, that'd be a bit too much going on, and i don't care for BP 2 being used as an advertisement for a Namor franchise either.

Now if Coogler is given free reign to use Namor as a villain, with no fukks given like with Klaue and Killmonger, then i'd be for that. Even then, he'd prob have to be introduced in a prev movie, bc i ain't tryna see time taken away from the Wakandan characters

basically. i see Aquaman leading to the release of Namor, they gonna wanna do underwater piff too

and i'd hate for BP2 to be overshadowed by Introducing Namor and his motivations and exploring his kingdom, best to keep it grounded in a way

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This new writer is killing it right now

RCO001.jpg

He's pretty much writing a Black Panther: Year 1 story, that doesn't coincide with the movie but has a lot of familiar elements.

He also throws some fun ideas around when it comes to tech stuff, things that i could see Coogler considering in the sequel

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige on the future of Black Panther, Captain Marvel, X-Men — and beyond

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: After Black Panther’s runaway success, you have to be feeling good about having so much Wakanda in Infinity War.

KEVIN FEIGE: That’s the grand Marvel Studios/MCU tradition of just being all in, right? All in on stuff we believe in, before the audience tells us what they think. You’ve heard us talk ad nauseam about the fact that we were in production on Avengers before either Thor or Captain America was released. Same thing with the whole third act of Infinity War being in Wakanda.

What role does Wakanda play going forward? It seems like kind of a new anchor point for the MCU. Can we expect a lot of the action and future stories to be connected there?

Anchor point is a good way of [describing] it, particularly as some of our other anchor points, Asgard for instance, are gone.

What can you tell us about plans for a Black Panther sequel?
Nothing specific to reveal, other than to say we absolutely will do that. One of the favorite pastimes at Marvel Studios is sitting around on a Part One and talking and dreaming about what we would do in a Part Two. There have been plenty of those conversations as we were putting together the first Black Panther. We have ideas and a pretty solid direction on where we want to head with the second one.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You opened Black Panther with a prologue set in 1992. I wondered if we might expect more hero stories to be set in that time period going forward?
I would say no. I mean, in terms of Captain Marvel and a young T’Chaka in ’92, no. That’s not where we’re headed. But we would talk about the ancestral plane sequence [in Black Panther] where, towards the end of the movie, T’Challa takes the herb again and encounters his father, where he’s like, “Hey, man. We’ve kind of screwed up, and I want to change it.” There’s that moment where all of the ancestors come behind T’Chaka. We would joke and go, “I want to see … what’s their story? What’s that story? Who was Bashenga, the first king of Wakanda? Who’s that third to the left, behind T’Chaka? What was their story in Wakanda in 1938? That would be cool.” It all starts as conversations like that. The more audiences want to see these stories, the more opportunities we have to explore different places and time.

Usually, we get three stand-alone movies for a single hero, then some team-ups. But is there potential in Black Panther beyond that? I see people saying, “I want a Dora Milaje movie. I would like a Shuri movie.” Do you see more potential there, or do you think you’ll stick with that kind of three-act structure that you’ve followed in the past?
I think there’s lots of potential. It’s a balance between leaving people wanting more and then giving them too much, but I would watch a movie about any of those characters you just named. I think Shuri’s astounding, and you’ll see much more of her in our universe. Okoye, I think I’d watch three action films just Okoye. I’m not saying we’re doing that, but I’m saying that we’re intrigued by them. Frankly, as I’ve said before, finishing these first 22 movies is really all we’re thinking about at this point.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blah, I would save Achebe and Mephisto for BP3 for a big bang. The whole deconstruction of Wakanda and the throne was just done so it would be overkill IMO for BP2. :yeshrug:

Achebe is more of a political/social manupluator and can be used as wedge between the wakandan people and their perception of the throne (and who it benefits). Especially now since T'Challa is expanding outreach programs outside of Wakanda, add to that with Mephisto giving him "enhancements" to make more persuasive and have Mephisto's motivations being primarily from Priest's run where he wants a panther soul to add to his realm/soul collection.

BP2 I rather see an adaptation of Kirby's (I know I know) run with Princess Zanda and the collectors. You could tie in Vibranium (and maybe King Solomon's Frog as an additional McGuffin that could only be controlled with Vibranium) and make it more of an action/adventure and have T'Challa deal with the issues of Wakandan throne being in spotlight while trying to be a hero (Avenger) without UN/World Security Council interference and trying to rule Wakanda at the same time. Could introduce Niganda and M'Butu as a minor subplot with them having a bigger role in B3 as a proxy for Achebe's plans.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Blah, I would save Achebe and Mephisto for BP3 for a big bang. The whole deconstruction of Wakanda and the throne was just done so it would be overkill IMO for BP2. :yeshrug:

Achebe is more of a political/social manupluator and can be used as wedge between the wakandan people and their perception of the throne (and who it benefits). Especially now since T'Challa is expanding outreach programs outside of Wakanda, add to that with Mephisto giving him "enhancements" to make more persuasive and have Mephisto's motivations being primarily from Priest's run where he wants a panther soul to add to his realm/soul collection.

BP2 I rather see an adaptation of Kirby's (I know I know) run with Princess Zanda and the collectors. You could tie in Vibranium (and maybe King Solomon's Frog as an additional McGuffin that could only be controlled with Vibranium) and make it more of an action/adventure and have T'Challa deal with the issues of Wakandan throne being in spotlight while trying to be a hero (Avenger) without UN/World Security Council interference and trying to rule Wakanda at the same time. Could introduce Niganda and M'Butu as a minor subplot with them having a bigger role in B3 as a proxy for Achebe's plans.

tenor.gif

That would actually be a great change-up. Zanda as that female villain, king solomon's frog for added fukkery... although when it comes to time-shfiting/reality bending stuff like that, definitely got to have a tight script and vision with how certain plot points occur.. but i can dig it :ehh:

I'd probably upgrade some of the collectors or keep em as is but have the less capable ones hire some mercenaries like Taskmaster to try and 'collect' the vibranium, and the frog.

The more i think about it, the more i like where this could go

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He's overconfident and stubborn. Those are flaws. He's basically a morally sound Dr Doom. He doesn't need allies. In the MU, he doesn't fukk with many. Reed is like his best friend, he did respect Cap. He and Luke are close. Blade is cool....that's about it.

That’s a....VERY good analysis :ohhh:

Also he has daddy issues which cause him to make certain mistakes while trying to live up to his father’s Legacy. I know it was already touched upon in this first movie, but knowing the genius of Coogler that’s a well that can still be mined.

Also it doesn’t make sense for T’Challa NOT to be a genius. Your telling me that this man, who was destined to be king form the moment he was born, wouldn’t have an advanced education coming from the most technologically advanced nation on earth? That he wouldn’t at LEAST be on par with Shuri, his younger sister?

fukk that. T’Challa is a dynamic and interesting character in the comics WHILE being one of the smartest people in the canon, he can be so in the movies. No excuses

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

they can also mix in elements from Panther's Quest where he goes to South Africa and fight white supremacists :lolbron:

Low key Don McGregor has one of the best Black Panther runs with Panther's Rage, Panther's Quest and Panther's Prey. Christopher Priest draws heavily from Don's run and are must reads if you truly are a fan of the character