NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
I will say though, there was absolutely no c00nery whatsoever in this movie. All the black characters were able to hold their own without the need of a white savior, and the supoorting white characters were just that, supporting. They weren't super important, and they weren't a huge part of the story overall, but they had their roles to play.

I also really thought that Killmonger was a well-written villain that you can really connect to, in terms of his motivations as to why he does what he does, and I think the audience may even side with his way of thinking... Even if the actions in themselves may not be the correct choice.

The action scenes were incredible, and I don't recall a single moment where I felt the movie lulled. Excellent pacing, right from the beginning, you get a backstory of Wakanda for about two minutes that sums everything up excellently, and then brings you right into the plot.

The soundtrack from what I heard was really dope too, you'll hear two instances of Kendrick in the background at some parts, and there's a scene where you can hear The Weeknd echo throughout the area, but both songs fit the vibe well.

All in all man, I thought it was amazing. If this movie doesn't win anything at the Oscars, I'm gonna be upset. The acting was incredible. Chadwick Boseman did his thing, same with Lupita, Angela, everybody. Everyone involved deserves their credit, cause you can tell, this movie was made to make a statement, and it really delivered.
Prepare to be upset. Superhero films almost never win shyt. Last time was Heaths joker.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Thats a funny way to spell spiderman. :leon: the title is his as long as the sony deal is active. If not him then Strange is a shoe in.

Panther having a deity to wakanda restricts him from such duties and i am cool with that.

:stopitslime:

Spiderman's never lead the Avengers, meanwhile, Black Panther has. This movie & Black Panther in general is obviously getting more attention than what Spiderman's movie did and most certainly more than Dr. Strange:dahell: and looking to make more money as well. LOL & SMH @ you.:hhh: Stop being a fukking Nancy regarding BP's acclaimed upswing and the general consensus/reception behind it.:camby:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: what? I dont get what ur saying.
I meant these cacs bytching about this movie. I done arguing with them. I don't want to see them when I got see it. They better not make eye contact with me or they getting the
bernard.png
look

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
BLACK PANTHER Director Ryan Coogler Wanted Kraven The Hunter To Appear In The Movie

When you make a Marvel movie, you’re not just making your film, you’re fitting in with every other MCU flick that came before it and – especially – with everything that will come after it.

Infinity War looming, did Black Panther director Ryan Coogler want to do something that didn’t fit in with the overall universe?

“No, not at all. That never happened. It was possible, maybe if I wanted to kill T’Challa or something. But nothing I wanted to do creatively came into conflict with what Joe and Anthony [Russo] were doing with their film – and I wasn’t encouraged to do anything that strayed from that by the studio either. It was a beautiful situation.”

As the Black Panther movie proves, Ryan Coogler knows his comics – so much so he wanted to stay true to a very particular (and very special) run of issues.

“Being a Marvel fan, you want to grab all the characters. You realise there’s contractual things. You don’t have that character. There was a Christopher Priest run that was pretty heavy, there’s a big scene where Panther’s fighting Kraven, Kraven the Hunter.”

“I’ve always loved Kraven the Hunter in almost every iteration. So there was a moment – ‘Can I grab Kraven?’ – and they were ‘Nah, you don’t have Kraven.’ He was one where I thought ‘Oh, man.’ But I don’t even know if he would have worked in the movie we ended up with, this was the early days.”

fd647b3f7dd6f10d92838e6fd3ad2292

Kraven has yet to appear in a Spider-Man film, but he’s one of the character’s most popular villains, first appearing in The Amazing Spider-Man #15 way back in 1964. A crazed big-game hunter who likes going after superheroes named after animals, Kraven is both ridiculous and terrifying.

The fact Coogler couldn’t use Kraven could mean that Marvel has plans for him in an upcoming project – potentially Homecoming 2.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Reading all of these glowing reviews and seeing the critics giving Marvel props for allowing Coogler to add a dimension of uniqueness and authenticity to the story has me wondering why Ava Duvernay passed on it initially and what her pitch to the studio was.

She played herself because that Wrinkle in Time shyt looks suspect.
Ryan Coogler doing this movie was just meant to be so I'm glad.

I’m not gonna shyt on her for making a $100 Million dollar budgeted movie starring a young black girl. I’m rooting for her.

I just want to know what her caveat was for passing on Panther. At the very beginning of the directing and casting rumors almost two years ago some of us were theorizing that maybe she wanted to go the Afro-Futuristic route and Feige was like :camby:

But now having seen that’s EXACTLY what Coogler did, that clearly wasn’t the case

I'm rooting for her to just being honest about the trailers I've seen so far.
I agree it is mysterious.

Seems like DuVernay is on board now. :leon:

:bpwhew::bpsalute::mjcry: