Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
How you feel about Michael B. Jordan in this movie breh?

He sounded a bit better in this recent tv spot, but still :jbhmm:

MJB is one of the best young actors we have in the game today and I’m willing to genuinely give him a chance in this movie.

He’s got the look down, the only thing that gave me pause a little was his dialogue delivery in the first trailer (the whole “I’ma Burn It All!” Bit)

One of the posters here claimed to see an advance screening and says that MJB’s Kilmonger comes off as more of a rival than a villain, if that’s true I think that will play more to MJB’s strengths.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Here's the guy doing the score for Black Panther - Ludwig Göransson. He's basically worked with Coogler on all of his movies since film school. I hope he and Coogler bring that heat for the BP flick.

Ludwig Göransson - IMDb

They got that Creed score in last minute :whew:

Straight Outta Compton was the reason we got the OG music (no pun) :wow:

I wonder if the score for this is already done :lupe:

That music makes a big difference. One of the things lacking in Marvel films. Scores be so what that you don't feel what happening as much. Creed's score was great...lets hope he delivers again..

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
They got that Creed score in last minute :whew:

Straight Outta Compton was the reason we got the OG music (no pun) :wow:

I wonder if the score for this is already done :lupe:

That music makes a big difference. One of the things lacking in Marvel films. Scores be so what that you don't feel what happening as much. Creed's score was great...lets hope he delivers again..
Yeah though I will say Winter Soldier's theme was ill

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You know nikkas gon be extra hard on their reviews just because It's Black Panther.
Part of me thinks the early screenings will be very positive and most the critics and social media outlets will ride the positivity out the gate. Just like with Wonder Woman.

Then i think the great opening weekend and all the positivity will cause a backlash resentment from people who just want to be different, and will start nitpicking any and all things.

Overall i think reception will be very positive though, the movie just looks cool, slick and fun.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Part of me thinks the early screenings will be very positive and most the critics and social media outlets will ride the positivity out the gate. Just like with Wonder Woman.

Then i think the great opening weekend and all the positivity will cause a backlash resentment from people who just want to be different, and will start nitpicking any and all things.

Overall i think reception will be very positive though, the movie just looks cool, slick and fun.

I dunno I can see it going either way tbh. I have feeling that most of it's going to come down to Wakanda. Coogler is going to have to effectively sell it as a nation. You already got a lot of people on the net scrutinizing it and think those people are going to watch the film and see if the questions and/or criticisms are addressed. If they aren't, they are going to dock it.

MBJ is another thing that may not go over to well. You already got people ready to write him off as another throw away doppleganger villain. If he doesn't shine above that then that's another thing that people will dock the film for.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I dunno I can see it going either way tbh. I have feeling that most of it's going to come down to Wakanda. Coogler is going to have to effectively sell it as a nation. You already got a lot of people on the net scrutinizing it and think those people are going to watch the film and see if the questions and/or criticisms are addressed. If they aren't, they are going to dock it.

MBJ is another thing that may not go over to well. You already got people ready to write him off as another throw away doppleganger villain. If he doesn't shine above that then that's another thing that people will dock the film for.
See that's the thing, I actually don't see a lot of people scrutinizing it lol

I occasionally scroll down to the YouTube comments of the trailers and tv spots, and it be overwhelmingly positive.

I see more negativity about MBJ, the music, and ish like that in this thread than I do on the net tbh. :russ:

But we all know with the internet that if you go out there looking for negativity, you gon find it. no matter the topic or product.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
empire%20magazine%20black%20panther%20cover%20michael%20b%20jordan%20erik%20killmonger.jpg

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
See that's the thing, I actually don't see a lot of people scrutinizing it lol

I occasionally scroll down to the YouTube comments of the trailers and tv spots, and it be overwhelmingly positive.

I see more negativity about MBJ, the music, and ish like that in this thread than I do on the net tbh. :russ:

But we all know with the internet that if you go out there looking for negativity, you gon find it. no matter the topic or product.

Agreed. I see more negativity on here than any of the youtube comment sections I've seen

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t give a flying 747 fukk if it scores 1% on Rotten Tomoatoes. I’m going to see that movie at LEAST ten times in theaters. This movie should be our Titanic. Where black people see it multiple times to show support

I already know I'm seeing this IMAX first day and then the next week in 2d. :mjcry:

we were watching warriors/cavs and even my moms was like :dwillhuh: when the trailer came on. I think (hope) a lot of black folks are going to check it out just cause of the cast/visuals alone.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Yup, issues that people gave passes to in other MCU movies will suddenly be a problem in this one.

Yep...weak villain = Most Marvel movies
same costume as the hero or at least similar skills = Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Incredible Hulk, Ant Man, etc etc
Wanting to take over the throne or be on the only one in charge = Thor movies
If there's too much humor = Other marvel films, Spider Man homecoming

It'll still be positive critically, but Wakanda is whats going to separate it from just another Marvel film with the same formula. If that is sold really well they might let go of the other issues.

HOWEVER

Lets hope Coogler/Jordan change the game up and give us a great villain and a story that feels very fresh and different.
who cares fukk the critics just make sure yall black asses in there every chance u get, why do yall want these cacs and c00ns approval. u think marvel gonna give a fukk when the film will bring in hella bred. fukk wrong with u nikkas man :heh:

I don't think its that. I think people want the film to live up its potential so it guarantees future films/success. We don't want Panther turned into Hulk status where he's just in other movies now (I know thats a rights issue as well, but still..) or Iron Man. Now he got 3 because the first one was so great, but I don't think they itching to make another one. Instead they just put him in other peoples movies.