Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Post production only takes about a month. They could have it out by late summer if they really wanted to. They're just strategic about the release dates to maximize profits. That's why there releasing BP in February. Not only because it's Black History month, but also because there won't be any other blockbuster to compete with it like Spider-Man in the summer or Star Wars during the holidays.

From what I've read Marvel's post production goes up until a month before release (mostly CGI touchups). I'm sure there will also be some reshoots in the coming months.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
C-H0nbKXkAAzWfC.jpg

:whoo: that cape tho..

Lýba'rhaésheýun

Tha Blaq Lýba'rhaésheýun Nhetwerqq
Daps
Reppin
Miami
C-H0nbKXkAAzWfC.jpg

:whoo: that cape tho..

That Cape Is Somethin Serious :ohhh:

I Keep Telling All my bois this movie is gonna turn Black Panther's Popularity Up By 1000 The Same way it did ironman its gonna happen to BP. he practically stole the show in civil war... I mean well except that one moment spiderman showed up but still.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Cape Is Somethin Serious :ohhh:

I Keep Telling All my bois this movie is gonna turn Black Panther's Popularity Up By 1000 The Same way it did ironman its gonna happen to BP. he practically stole the show in civil war... I mean well except that one moment spiderman showed up but still.

Thing about Spidey is that, while he was a highlight, he was obviously shoe-horned into the film while BP was more of a natural addition to the story and he had his own arc.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thing about Spidey is that, while he was a highlight, he was obviously shoe-horned into the film while BP was more of a natural addition to the story and he had his own arc.

I actually wish they had just left Spidey out instead of shoe-horning him into the movie. You can tell that bits of Black Panther stuff was cut from the movie just to get him in there. T'Challa's fight scenes were cut down, that scene with him and Widow was cut, plus I find it hard to believe he and Tony Stark had NO scenes together.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually wish they had just left Spidey out instead of shoe-horning him into the movie. You can tell that bits of Black Panther stuff was cut from the movie just to get him in there. T'Challa's fight scenes were cut down, that scene with him and Widow was cut, plus I find it hard to believe he and Tony Stark had NO scenes together.
That surprised me too. I do believe the Russos could have handled him a bit better actually. I don't think audiences got a true sense of what BP was capable of. That scene with Widow would have been great moment showing how powerful BP is as a global figure. They also cut the scene with BP forcibly pulling Cap shield down which I don't understand. A lot of people got hyped at that moment in trailers and it shows you how strong he is. Of course there was no real display of his high intelligence too. I guess that's what his solo is for though so it's not that big of a deal.

I think I said this before, but as fun as it was to watch all the MCU heroes go at each others throats, I think they could have easily made a film with Cap, Bucky, BP and Zemo. UN is bombed, Bucky is framed, Cap searches for Bucky, trying to clear his name while also dealing with BP who is out for revenge, meanwhile Zemo is behind the scenes. Slightly smaller scope, but tighter focused. Would have given each character more room to breath. I would have fukked with it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That surprised me too. I do believe the Russos could have handled him a bit better actually. I don't think audiences got a true sense of what BP was capable of. That scene with Widow would have been great moment showing how powerful BP is as a global figure. They also cut the scene with BP forcibly pulling Cap shield down which I don't understand. A lot of people got hyped at that moment in trailers and it shows you how strong he is. Of course there was no real display of his high intelligence too. I guess that's what his solo is for though so it's not that big of a deal.

I think I said this before, but as fun as it was to watch all the MCU heroes go at each others throats, I think they could have easily made a film with Cap, Bucky, BP and Zemo. UN is bombed, Bucky is framed, Cap searches for Bucky, trying to clear his name while also dealing with BP who is out for revenge, meanwhile Zemo is behind the scenes. Slightly smaller scope, but tighter focused. Would have given each character more room to breath. I would have fukked with it.

The Russos specifically said that they didn't add in more about BP and his personality out of respect for Ryan Coogler. They wanted to avoid any notion of creating a "definitive" T'Challa so that Coogler wouldn't be handicapped.

I can give them a pass for that reason, also they took pains to treat T'Challa's grand entrance into the MCU with respect, which is more than I could've hoped for considering we're still dealing with Cacs having creative control over a black
Hero

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Spidey shoehorned? I think they always had someone in mind to play "that" role, if it wasnt Spidey you can bet at worst it wouldve been Captain Marvel or someone else. I can see if they did like some "last minute reshoots" and just plugged him in months later after everyone else had filmed their roles. But its clear when the script was written that role was already made, hell Fiege even as much as said it himself.

But moving along, I do agree that when this comes out the world gonna go crazy with love for Black Panther and he (both character and star) are gonna be elevated to an entirely new level.

Martha

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Wait did TNC really say he was gonna stop writing BP after this year?

Link?

EDIT: It's from PBT's video. I have no idea were he got that info from, can't find anything about that. That would've been major news by now, if that happen.

Alonso recently said that a third season of BP is in the works.

Ta-Nehisi Coates May Have a Third Year Of Black Panther Stories, Ideas For Other Characters - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News

According to Alonso, while Coates is already signed on for a second year of Black Panther stories (as we already knew), he may even have a third year of stories lined up. Additionally, Alonso said, Coates has “ideas for other characters,” which he wouldn’t bring up if there weren’t a chance that he might get the chance to execute those ideas.

As for Coates himself, he initially said he wants to do a total of 60 issues (five seasons). And based on the recent interviews I've heard from him, he hasn't given any indication that he would stop soon.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Spidey shoehorned? I think they always had someone in mind to play "that" role, if it wasnt Spidey you can bet at worst it wouldve been Captain Marvel or someone else. I can see if they did like some "last minute reshoots" and just plugged him in months later after everyone else had filmed their roles. But its clear when the script was written that role was already made, hell Fiege even as much as said it himself.

But moving along, I do agree that when this comes out the world gonna go crazy with love for Black Panther and he (both character and star) are gonna be elevated to an entirely new level.

Martha
He was the deal wasn't made yet and Black Panther was always the third party to Iron Man and Cap. Once the Sony deal was made things were shifted.