Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I wonder how Boyega feels about his film opening a week or two after BP. I seem to recall him mentioning that BP is the one hero he would have liked to play. He seems to be a pretty big fan.

Thank God that didn't happen:hhh:

Have u not seen The Force Awakens:dahell:

All that sweating and bucking his eyes:camby:

Chadwick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>John Boyega

Reeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:damn:

Yes:mjgrin:

Until I feel he redeems himself. He most certainly wasn't ever considered for T'Challa, and that was a for a good damn reason

I think he was considered for the W'Kabi role which he likely turned down and it went to Daniel Kaluuya. I read an interview where Boyega was one of his top choices for the role of Chris in Get Out. However, as an actor Kaluuya >>> Boyega

But brehs lets not forget Boyega gave us this great character in Moses from Attack the Block.
moses_attack_the_block.gif

Damn you Star Wars :mjcry:........Thank goodness Marvel handled Black Panther pretty well in CW. :whew:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I think he was considered for the W'Kabi role which he likely turned down and it went to Daniel Kaluuya. I read an interview where Boyega was one of his top choices for the role of Chris in Get Out. However, as an actor Kaluuya >>> Boyega

But brehs lets not forget Boyega gave us this great character in Moses from Attack the Block.

Damn you Star Wars :mjcry:........Thank goodness Marvel handled Black Panther pretty well in CW. :whew:
And he's probably going to do great in Pacific Rim 2

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just read BP #13....yeah it reads like the editors finally reigned in Coates.

If this had been the first issue of the series I think detractors would have been on board. Fight scenes are still weak as fukk, but there's no T'Challa slander to be found. The events of New Avengers/TRO/Secret Wars were addressed more in this one issue than in the entirety of the first season.

Still don't like Eden just hanging out in Wakanda. That character is just there because Coates liked him from Hickman's run. He needs to to a better job of showing why T'Challa would befriend him and it's gotta be more than "He helped me out when the universe was dying".

Curious to see what's going to be done with Shuri moving forward. Coates basically turned her into a Wakandan historian. It's looking like he's already planting seeds for a Shuri/Eden relationship, which is fukked up considering Coates talked all that shyt about T'Challa not dating Wakandan women.

Good overall issue, no T'Challa slander or moaping, the action scenes HAVE to improve moving forward. They also have to do a better job of portraying Wakanda, it just doesn't look futuristic at all outside of a gadget here or there. The ending was a good hook to bring me back for the next issue.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

other than mastering the mannerisms of a street thug (Which isn't hard u just have to scowl while being black) and his stark likeness to denzel I don't know why this role gets so much praise or why ppl believe he's a great actor. He's very hit and miss and looks foolish in that new one with Harry potter's bytch

teacher

All Star
Daps
Read BP #13...why was T'challa talking like a Bible thumper from the midwest? Never recall him ever mentioning Gods besides bast? :patrice: Dude is a scientist I thought all that religion stuff was moreso the rural tribes?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Read BP #13...why was T'challa talking like a Bible thumper from the midwest? Never recall him ever mentioning Gods besides bast? :patrice: Dude is a scientist I thought all that religion stuff was moreso the rural tribes?

T'Challa has always walked that line of Science and mysticism. Like he said in the issue he's literally stood before Bast on Numerous occasions. He's seen the afterlife, he's encountered multiple gods, survived the end of all things, he communes with his dead ancestors, he nearly witnessed the death of Mephisto (The devil) at the hands of his ancestors. His powers come directly from Bast, and Bast was the one that gave him the mission to save all of existence.

As the head of the Panther tribe T'Challa obviously has to be a believer, plus he's actually seen and spoken with their god. The issue is that Bast gave him a mission and T'Challa hasn't seen her since. The other gods of Wakanda have been acknowledged in the past too, Coates has just made it a point to retcon all of them into being Egyptian gods.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
gonna wait til i get home to read this
my girl already picked up the book for me from Manhattan
and that Elektra shyt!
hope she got some :fadedsnoop: too
:mjcry:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

As the BP, T'Challa is both the leader of the panther clan and the representative of Bast on Earth, similar to how the pope is the representative of god according to catholicism. He himself is a religious figure. Same for all leaders of each cult in Wakanda. Him mentioning the other gods made sense to me considering his position in Wakanda and him being a very knowledgeable person.

It's previously been shown that T'Challa is (at least somewhat) religious, despite his affinity for science. During See Wakanda and Die, he prayed before the big battle. When Bast showed up in Hickman's Fantastic Four, he immediately got on his knees in reverence.

Wakanda always had several gods throughout the BP publication history(white gorilla, lion, crocodile, etc). As for the ones mentioned in BP #13, those appear to be "new," similar to how "the panther god" became "Bast, the panther god."

I assume we'll be getting more info on the other gods as time goes on.

Last edited: