Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Nah fukk that I been wanting T'Challa and Storm to get back together since Marvel fukked around and broke them up on some bullshyt
I wasn't a fan of it so I was happy when it happened

Last time T'Challa randomly pulled up at Storm's crib, they smashed. :youngsabo:

Breh's ready for round 2 :shaq:
If its just fukk buddies than I'm okay with that just to see the Storm fans reactions :lolbron:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
OK, so I read the latest issues (Illegally downloaded it because fukk giving Coates any of my money) and I can honestly say it's the best issue so far. There's no action at all (shocking I know) but it's not filled with continually T'Challa bashing with no retort.

It's still obvious that T'Challa is the character Coates is least interested in handling, everybody else gets more attention and care during this issue. Often it feels like T'Challa is just giving exposition rather than talking like a normal person and much of what he says is still "I suck at being king, I'm a failure".

The big problems I have with this issue is that Coates wasted a ton of time putting something in place....that was already in place. Basically T'Challa is still king but there's a tribal council made up of the heads of various tribes in Wakanda.......Which is something that already fukking existed!!!

The whole thing with Aneka was fukking weak. Given what we know it still makes no fukking sense for her to be so upset with T'Challa. We never got any real sense of what everyday Wakandans felt about the Royal Family, it's just a bunch of people with personal beefs deciding what's best for everyone under he guise of "revolution".

Coates still has T'Challa on that "I don't want to be King" bullshyt and it still rings hollow as fukk. He's also failed completely at establishing a genuine friendship between Manifold and T'Challa. Manifold is just there to be a fukking Taxi, and he's involved in shyt he really shouldn't be, he's just there because Coates liked the character.

So yeah, best issue of the run by far but it in no way justifies all the bullshyt that came before it. It's not a good enough final issue to give anything that came before a pass.
It took Coates 11 issues of bullshyt, to write one good issue. :mjlol:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The idea of T'Challa "not wanting to be King" was bullshyt from the start since it was established in Hickman's run that it was all he ever wanted to be.

And how could he have been the worst ruler in history when Shuri had him beat by a mile? :sas2:

Not to mention he had to deal with threats no past king ever had to, and succeeded in bringing all of existence back.

That common sense shyt Shuri spoke to him is the same shyt we've been sayin since that garbage subplot came to be:

Coates apologists: Well T'Challa doesn't want to be king b/c he didn't want to blow up the planet with 7 billion people

Me: No, that means he doesn't want to be that type of king. :comeon:

And then Coates has Shuri essentially tell T'Challa the same damn thing... and just like that "oh ok! I guess i wanted to be king and can be king after all! :krs:"

lmao:mjlol:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They need to stop doing that Storm shyt already its just lame and it makes T'challa look like a simp
It's not going to lead to anything. Just another tease ending in why they can't be together. Which the writer of the Crew says she will expand further on in that book (i.e. why they can't be together).

I like the idea of Storm and T'Challa. But we've seen this same song and dance over and over.

Same hook and bait. It's whatever :manny:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah fukk that I been wanting T'Challa and Storm to get back together since Marvel fukked around and broke them up on some bullshyt

Same, I've been wanting it too, but I'm not counting on this wack fool Coates to do it. It's just going to end up with T'Challa getting shytted on again and Storm being painted as completely innocent in the entire thing.

teacher

All Star
Daps
The idea of T'Challa "not wanting to be King" was bullshyt from the start since it was established in Hickman's run that it was all he ever wanted to be.

And how could he have been the worst ruler in history when Shuri had him beat by a mile? :sas2:

Not to mention he had to deal with threats no past king ever had to, and succeeded in bringing all of existence back.

never heard the expression ' you are your own worse critic' ? that is the type of attitude that makes greatness. But letting your people die when you have the means to save them is pretty high on the sh!tty rulers list though :mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's not going to lead to anything. Just another tease ending in why they can't be together. Which the writer of the Crew says she will expand further on in that book (i.e. why they can't be together).

I like the idea of Storm and T'Challa. But we've seen this same song and dance over and over.

Same hook and bait. It's whatever :manny:

Can you link me the interview with that Crew writer bro?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
never heard the expression ' you are your own worse critic' ? that is the type of attitude that makes greatness. But letting your people die when you have the means to save them is pretty high on the sh!tty rulers list though :mjgrin:
Which is different than "never wanting to be king" when he made it quite clear before that his top desire was to be king.

The 'worst ruler' rhetoric is simply a hypothetical "argument" i'm laughin at, given that bringing all your people back from existence from an unsolvable cosmic threat, including returning the very ground they walked on, air they breath, and planet, universe they inhabit... all against a threat no other king on earth, let alone in his lineage could have overcome... definitely exalts him high in the GOAT ruler list. :youngsabo:

As you said, greatness :sas2:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Can you link me the interview with that Crew writer bro?

I'll do you one better fam

Black Panther & The Crew: Coming Together

Marvel.com: What can readers can look forward to most about BLACK PANTHER AND THE CREW?

Yona Harvey: I think readers can look forward to some personal insights about the characters. Of course, it will have plenty of adventure. But maybe anyone who has ever wondered why T’Challa and Storm can’t seem to get it together will find some answers. Stay tuned.

Marvel.com: The story will have T’Challa, Storm, and Manifold fighting street-level threats, which we don’t often see. Do you think this will give readers a chance to see a different side of these characters?

Yona Harvey: Yes! And, hopefully, readers will relate to the inevitable missteps and awkwardness that often accompany strange encounters.

Marvel.com: How has writing this story compared to writing WORLD OF WAKANDA?

Yona Harvey: For some reason, this question makes me think of setting. WORLD OF WAKANDA invokes a kind of vastness of geography. We see all this unchartered territory in terms of how Wakanda might look or how Wakandans dress. BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW, though, takes place in Harlem. Of course, Harlem leaves lots to the imagination. But I can fact-check its unique landscape—streets, landmarks. So there’s a different kind of balancing act that happens when writing a story set there.

Marvel.com: The death of an activist in Harlem will set the action of the story into motion. Can you tell us anything about the challenges the Crew will face?

Yona Harvey: One thing that has always fascinated me is how a hundred people can witness the same event—major or minor—and see it a hundred different ways. Especially in friendships, long-term relationships, and families. Like, how can two siblings feel equally convinced that the other is the mother’s favorite? So, the challenges this Crew will face have everything to do with these characters’ unique relationships with Ezra, the activist, and how differently they view his death and the circumstances surrounding it.

Marvel.com: T’Challa and Ororo have a history, and so do Luke and Misty. But as a group, they haven’t really teamed up in the past. What was it like for you to figure out how these characters would navigate both old relationships and new?

Yona Harvey: The more I work with comics, the more I learn to enjoy trouble-making. In comics, trouble is very good! You actually learn a lot about characters when trying to understand how they get in and out of a jam. Lots of the time, the conflicts come in battles or fight scenes. But navigating old and new relationships can seem even thornier!

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
For what it's worth, Yona's 10 page story in WoW #1 was the best story of that entire godawful series.

So even tho the premise of this Crew series isn't what I want a black panther book to be about (no more so than i would want a BP movie to be about dealing with racial prejudice/gentrification in Brooklyn) and even tho another Storm interlude does BP no favors in the long term in getting some new love interests... I find Yona to be a very likeable person :ehh: going off her interviews.

She ain't out here bad mouthing concepts about the character or throwin subtle shots at Priest/Hudlin...

... she basically just wants to come in and tell her afro-american social justice story. I mean, idk. i'm kinda :francis: but :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Hmmmmm....

I WILL say after reading this that I didn't get the feeling that the writer was saying they can't ever be together. Just that she intends to explore what is current,u keeping them apart, which if handled with RESPECT for both characters, could be interesting

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
For what it's worth, Yona's 10 page story in WoW #1 was the best story of that entire godawful series.

So even tho the premise of this Crew series isn't what I want a black panther book to be about (no more so than i would want a BP movie to be about dealing with racial prejudice/gentrification in Brooklyn) and even tho another Storm interlude does BP no favors in the long term in getting some new love interests... I find Yona to be a very likeable person :ehh: going off her interviews.

She ain't out here bad mouthing concepts about the character or throwin subtle shots at Priest/Hudlin...

... she basically just wants to come in and tell her afro-american social justice story. I mean, idk. i'm kinda :francis: but :manny:
Wait this that feminist chick writing about Panther and Storm?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Issue 12 was good by Coates standards, however I still had major issues with it...

The resolution between the MA and T'Challa felt forced as all hell. These women started a revolution based upon them hating this man, for no other reason than he was a man. Seriously. That's the hamfisted way in which Coates wrote this season. They moaned, whined, and complained amidst not 1, but TWO comics about "serving the king in all things" (he NEVER touched them, or intimated such perversion) blamed him for circumstances that occurred while he WASNT on the throne, and started an entire blood soaked campaign with "No One Man" dedicated to bringing him down.

And all we get is Aneka suddenly remembering T'Challa's burden and weeping because Reasons?

Naw, that's not good enough. If the reason for the MA rebellion had to do STRICTLY with them feeling the death sentence from Ramonda wasn't fair, then ok, I can kind of see T'Challa's willingness to let bygones be bygones and pardon them so easily. But Coates specifically made their betrayal personal, and Gay struck it home with a hammer made of fire. You can't simply pardon such gross disrespect for your reign. There needed to be an actual CONSEQUENCE to show that MA were 100% wrong in their actions after Ayo freed Aneka. A well deserved tongue lashing from Shuri is welcome, but ultimately ineffective.

Also I still don't like Changamaire having what feels like free reign to do and say as he pleases so soon after the Tetu fiasco. Yes he helped end the rebellion of the People, but you cannot trust a man like him. I CERTAINLY wouldn't have allowed Changamaire and Aneka to share a roof together. Coates has said that T'Challa would love Game Of Thrones, well allowing two enemies, former or not, the opportunity to forge any type of understanding or alliance is something NO smart monarch would do, not even crazy ass Cersei.

It wasn't all bad though.

I did, after this issue, understand Coates's reasoning for having T'Challa on the "I'm no King" pity party train. And I'm not against it. The resolution for that and how the conversation between T'Challa and Shuri was handled was the one thing I feel like Coates 100% stuck the landing on. It was a HUGE payoff in my opinion and finally a culmination of everything that had damaged T'Challa's psyche since refusing to blow up the bombs. I have to admit I had zero confidence that Coates could do it, but he was able to satisfy me in that regard.

I'm not....adverse to the way The monarchy is going to be going forward, I just honestly feel as if either Coates changed his mind at the last minute or Marvel editorial FINALLY stepped in and told Coates to slow his roll. It doesnt feel at all revolutionary to have a democratically voted council. It honestly feels like a letdown because if this was ALL Coates had in mind then his complete deconstruction and disrespect shown to the mythos and the character was nothing but bullshyt. The entire 11 issues before this, stressing the "need" for earth shattering change paid off in....pretty much the same thing it's been since T'Challa ascended kingship. A part of me wishes Coates would've had the balls to go ahead and make Wakanda a republic, and then I certainly would've been free to drop the book and go on about my life. But now we have...

King T'Challa taking a little vacation to rekindle the romance with Ororoe. This of course was completely out of left field and shocked the hell out of me. How should I be feeling right now? Is this sliver of hope simply a fool's wish? Or will Coates actually ALLOW T'Challa and Storm to have an actual conversation about their feelings and where it all went wrong. Can they actually reconcile? Will T'Challa take Bast to task over her absence? Will Kasper Cole really show up to lead the HZ? Will somebody PLEASE kill Stane and keep him FAR away from Wakanda?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON BLACK PANTHER BALL Z!!!